Author Topic: Two Country Sides or Auto Kick inactive players in the tower  (Read 8405 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Two Country Sides or Auto Kick inactive players in the tower
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2019, 08:10:40 PM »
3-side has no mythical war balancing powers, IMHO.  Not compared to ENY.

3-sides is great when you had 400-700 players because it tended to spread the fight out.

With less than 200 that is not what you want.  You want to concentrate the fight.

Inevitably, with 3 sides and minimal numbers your going to end up with one great fight on the map that 1/3 of the players can't get to.

With two sides, any fight can be accessed equally by all players.

I'm not against 3-sides.  I think you should be able to configure for either depending on you current population like you can configure 512 mi maps or 256 mi maps.

With the current numbers, I think 2-sides with sufficient ENY would be better.

By sufficient, I mean at some level maybe even supply ord and fuel are effected.  When an outnumbered side is getting free ME-262 and the over-populated side is flying P-40 and can't get more than 1/4 fuel and no bombs or troops, numbers will balance, IMHO.

If you stick a cattle prod up a horse's wazoo, you can teach him to deal a deck of cards.  It's simply a matter of voltage.  (Don't ask me how I know that.)

I still believe the benefits of 3 sides outweigh the negatives. Tweak it a bit to penalize the sides with excessive numbers imbalances. Increase ENY effects and remove the side switching time limit when going to the lowest side would be my votes. Smaller maps to keep the fights from getting too spread out.

Penalizing players without giving them the ability to switch sides to the lower numbered country means you get balance by people logging off.  This is counterproductive.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2019, 10:27:07 PM »
It's a good thing we can switch sides.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2019, 10:42:33 PM »
It's a good thing we can switch sides.

And get stuck when the numbers swing the other way.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2019, 10:49:40 PM »
And get stuck when the numbers swing the other way.

Those who fail to try just sit and watch the world go by.

Change sides and fight or just sit in the tower or just go to the BBS and complain. Which sounds like more fun?  :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2019, 11:11:30 PM »

Change sides and fight or just sit in the tower or just go to the BBS and complain. Which sounds like more fun?  :aok

You are just looking for post counts.
I switched to rooks earlier today. Map changed spent 2 hours deacking fields woo hoo ton of fun. Knits ans bish has a raging fight going. We rolled 4 in defended fields. Again woohoo tons of fun. We come to the forums to voice our opinions. If you don’t like them keep moving. You DONT have to interject in every one of the convos. So now I am stuck for 6 hrs and left to fight wirbs and ground guns. Lol

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2019, 11:52:37 PM »
That's why I think you should.always be allowed to switch to the low side (timer only goes in effect to go back to the high side team)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2019, 12:37:17 AM »

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

1) Sides get imbalanced.

2) Player switches to low side for balance.

3) 45 mins later player is now stuck on the high side as numbers swing the other way.

4) Player gets bored and logs off.

5) Hitech loses subscribers.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2019, 01:40:17 AM »
I still believe the benefits of 3 sides outweigh the negatives. Tweak it a bit to penalize the sides with excessive numbers imbalances. Increase ENY effects and remove the side switching time limit when going to the lowest side would be my votes. Smaller maps to keep the fights from getting too spread out.

you bastage did you have fun today?  and I mean that in a good way, I had fun with a big map.  we had the numbers then you guys had the numbers.  was fun landing bostons with 30 to 40 perks each time.  smaller maps just create another problem.  everybody hits the strats with 20 minute runs.  then ack, town, ords, radar down for hours.  no way to fight like that.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2019, 12:29:36 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder if ENY needs a formula adjustment for less than 200 max population Prime Time Window in today's MA.

200 and more players in the MA as the norm in the past, ENY as the formula functions today was not as big a problem as it has become today. And 2-3 guys in Tempests and 262 against 20 guys in garbage rides trying to capture a field is turning the MA into tyranny by the greifer minority becasue ENY doesn't ease you into garbage rides. You start out your evening and log off in nothing but garbage rides. And POTW is a large enough squad, changing country won't fix it. We don't practice pigacide which is why we are one of the largest squads and still intact in the game after 15 years. We have been changing country for the last year to do our part to help the MA's ENY problem. Each country we have been in, on our squad night, everyone knows it's POTW squad night and they long in for the activity our POTW numbers generates. It just ain't working anymore and when the AK's tour change drops them in our country, it's 262 and Tempests versus everything FM2 and below. That is not worth flying into or even upping the garbage ride tanks that won't be competitive against T34\85.

POTW has been grinding in PlanetSide 2 lately becasue of it. At least there dieing constantly earns us something that eventually we can purchase monster armor and weapons to become competitive without having to destroy our squad to not be greifed by a few idiots in Tempests and 262. Vets know ENY has given them our kesters as near free kills no matter how much FSO strategy we use to try and catch them in our "Garbage Rides". Ultimately everyone looses any interest for the evening in doing anything. All of the MA customers loose in the long run even if the three or so guys doing the greifing are landing kills in the short term. In the long term, customers sit in the tower, log off for the night or, go play other games. Watching that in itself for a new player has to be disheartening to want to stay with AH3 and make the decision to get a subscription.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2019, 03:30:35 PM »
And 2-3 guys in Tempests and 262 against 20 guys in garbage rides trying to capture a field is turning the MA into tyranny by the greifer minority

So it would be better to have 20 v 3 in equal rides?  Really?  Sounds like tyranny by the griefer majority to me.

At any rate, I think it would be fine to bump out people who sit in the tower for an extended time.  These aren't the days of dial-up connection or arena limits, when there was a real incentive to stay logged on once you got there.

- oldman

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2019, 03:32:44 PM »
Bring Back titanic Tuesday expect make it a 2 country thing. split the sacrificed country in half to other two
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2019, 03:39:08 PM »
Bring Back titanic Tuesday expect make it a 2 country thing. split the sacrificed country in half to other two

He has everything coded for three.  Would need to disable one country. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2019, 08:26:50 PM »

So it would be better to have 20 v 3 in equal rides?  Really?  Sounds like tyranny by the griefer majority to me.

At any rate, I think it would be fine to bump out people who sit in the tower for an extended time.  These aren't the days of dial-up connection or arena limits, when there was a real incentive to stay logged on once you got there.

- oldman

I'm watching customers stop upping and sit in the tower or log off becasue of how ENY is tailored to work for more than 200. ENY garbage ride planes in groups cannot compete against 262, Tempests, 51D, Dora, and F4u-4. All of us vets know this and know how to turn the MA into griefer he!! becasue of it. It's like FSO when everyone knows the garbage ride missions are one way suicide no matter what you try. You can just about tell everyone on their way to a base capture when the 262 and Tempests will pass through. Then like clockwork 15 minutes later the MA is a ghost town. This last Tuesday, we were ENY'd but, the greifers were not online and we were able to compete in garbage rides other than altitude is once again being used in the place of ACM. With ENY and less than 200 prime time as the standard now for the last 5 years or so. Hitech has handed the keys to his customer's happiness to a tyranny by a bored minority of veteran griefers. A tiny number of players are dictating the out come for groups in the MA becasue they are bored with game play and ENY is creating a school of fat slow guppies in a barrel for them to abuse.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2019, 09:44:16 PM »
Not garbage rides...... not if the pilot is up to snuff. That and the pilot has numbers..... hence the eny.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2019, 09:51:11 PM »
Not garbage rides...... not if the pilot is up to snuff. That and the pilot has numbers..... hence the eny.

It still triggers too soon.    Should be inhibited below a higher total player threshold than presently set. 
”KILLER V”
The Damned