Author Topic: Some More Ships  (Read 578 times)

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
Some More Ships
« on: September 29, 2019, 01:55:10 AM »
Liberty ship incorporation into fleets.  Liberty ships were large supply ships produced en mass for transport across the Atlantic to the British.  No dea what they would do in a fleet besides look cool.  Or add them as a separate task force like the CV or BB.  Let them take off from ports and resupply fleets or something.

Higgins Boat added ships tab.  The Higgins was the beach landing craft used by the allies in WW2, used in both theaters of war it carried troops and vehicles to shore. (For in game I would limit it to x20 troops, x2Field Supplies, or x10 Vehicle Supplies.)

This is a play off of Mist Fork's post suggesting destroyers thanks for the inspiration.

Cheers FBTrev95
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 03:23:23 AM by Trev95 »
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Some More Ships
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 03:30:53 AM »
I doubt they will add any floating craft after the BS.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 03:33:12 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline wardog19

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 08:20:47 AM »
Higgins Boat added ships tab.  The Higgins was the beach landing craft used by the allies in WW2, used in both theaters of war it carried troops and vehicles to shore. (For in game I would limit it to x20 troops, x2Field Supplies, or x10 Vehicle Supplies.)

Considering that most towns/base are far inland from a beach upon which they would 'land',  what would they accomplish? 
The distance is too far for troops to 'run' and field supplies to be utilized.   Same point for vehicle supplies...

The LVT's become mobile on land and can transport the troops, or supplies, the distance needed to capture or resupply a town/base. It is both the landing craft and GV and Therefore it accomplishes both tasks concerning amphibious base capture and/or resupply. :old:

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 09:48:51 AM »
Maybe you could load a m4 or m3 on the Higgins ship?

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 10:51:15 AM »
Well you could have the Higgin's troops run much further. Or they could be dedicated to do one destructive act like blow up a shore battery. This is all just fantasy though what we need are mid skilled AI players to salt the late night game with missions.
Pies not kicks.

Offline wardog19

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 09:56:36 PM »
Maybe you could load a m4 or m3 on the Higgins ship?

I anticipated this question and hence why I stated  "The LVT's become mobile on land and can transport the troops, or supplies, the distance needed to capture or resupply a town/base. It is both the landing craft and GV and Therefore it accomplishes both tasks concerning amphibious base capture and/or resupply."   Unfortunately I accidently omitted the LVT 75mm option as a GV/Tank role. :embarrassed:
To sum it up I will clarify my point>>>  It is in essence the DE FACTO M3 or M4   :salute

Offline wardog19

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 10:13:14 PM »
Well you could have the Higgin's troops run much further. Or they could be dedicated to do one destructive act like blow up a shore battery. This is all just fantasy though what we need are mid skilled AI players to salt the late night game with missions.

Concerning troops running much further once 'landed' by Higgins Boat  or blowing stuff up(Commando style)  :cheers:  I see what you want... NICE TRY!