Author Topic: Haven't been on much, 12yrs what to do now.  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Bong40

• Copper Member
Haven't been on much, 12yrs what to do now.
« on: October 03, 2019, 09:54:01 AM »
I really haven't had much time to play, Business is crazy. The kids are grown up and moving out, I'm a new grandpa this year!! I've bought some new cars to play with ...80 Z28 (latest) 72 Gutlass..err i mean Cutlass ...another damn Truck too

But I do try and pop on to shoot at some of you from time to time...

Noticed the numbers are low.... very low. And I see post of new player rage quitting (took me a year for 1st rage quit)
I was thinking of cancelling my account this month but now I'm thinking of trying to help new players every time I log on.... Maybe take them up on a mission to do something fun, A little easier? Give them a taste of victory on occasion.. Could be good for the game. I know we have a training crew out there, but be honest...Training in the TA SUCKS. So that's going to be my mission for a month or so at least. Take these guys up, give them some real game life tips and tactics on how to kill you stick stirr.... JK!! You guys get my point I assume, If not, tell me I'm an idiot and I'll go back to the shop and bolt some heads on that Aluminum 5.3 I just picked up for $300!!

Any aces that wanna help lemme know and we can get some of these new guys to stick around.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Haven't been on much, 12yrs what to do now.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:54:04 AM »
You'd probably have to go thru the roster to see if you can pick out any 'new guys', then send them PMs asking if they want help, but point out how to send PMs back to you. Most new players wouldn't know how to send a PM. This would probably be your best bet. Funny enough, I rarely see new guys asking for help in the MA. Maybe once in a month I'll see someone asking a question, rarely do I see any 'help' channel posts. It seems like a good idea, but I will tell you that teaching brand new noobs how to tie their shoe does get tiring.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:14:55 PM »
I really haven't had much time to play, Business is crazy. The kids are grown up and moving out, I'm a new grandpa this year!! I've bought some new cars to play with ...80 Z28 (latest) 72 Gutlass..err i mean Cutlass ...another damn Truck too

But I do try and pop on to shoot at some of you from time to time...

Noticed the numbers are low.... very low. And I see post of new player rage quitting (took me a year for 1st rage quit)
I was thinking of cancelling my account this month but now I'm thinking of trying to help new players every time I log on.... Maybe take them up on a mission to do something fun, A little easier? Give them a taste of victory on occasion.. Could be good for the game. I know we have a training crew out there, but be honest...Training in the TA SUCKS. So that's going to be my mission for a month or so at least. Take these guys up, give them some real game life tips and tactics on how to kill you stick stirr.... JK!! You guys get my point I assume, If not, tell me I'm an idiot and I'll go back to the shop and bolt some heads on that Aluminum 5.3 I just picked up for $300!!

Any aces that wanna help lemme know and we can get some of these new guys to stick around.

That new guy knew everything and did not have a stick. He said he was top 10 in the world. He knew everything and so knew nothing.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 04:05:28 PM »
By chance, are you going by the handle Mako069?  Had a great fight with him last night, and learned by PM that he had been gone for 12 years.

Just struck me as coincidence.

- oldman

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 01:00:30 AM »
Your mission should be to play in Scenarios!  :aok

We always want more players, and the more players we have who get into them and help other people get into them, the better.

Next one starts Saturday at 3 pm Eastern in Special Events 2.

Anzio:

https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2019, 01:19:53 AM »
Your mission should be to play in Scenarios!  :aok

We always want more players, and the more players we have who get into them and help other people get into them, the better.

Next one starts Saturday at 3 pm Eastern in Special Events 2.

Anzio:

https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/current-or-next-scenario
HELL YES! The P-47s would appreciate more players...aka Hope I don't let ULtactus down :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bong40

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 08:47:12 AM »
I try and log on as much as I can.. I have a very rare Saturday when I'm home... too many projects happening currently.
No... I'm not Mako69.... Bong40 have been for years.. Had Bats237 at first in 07

Used PVTPYLE years ago when I rage quit and came back then switched to Sumtoejamr till I was forced to change then took back Bong40

And when I shut my account last year then came back 6 mo's later I was Bonghits till Bong40 became available again.

I wish I had more time to play. I keep buying cars like an Idiot, My wife wants to kill me.