Author Topic: September 2019 KOTH Results  (Read 688 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
September 2019 KOTH Results
« on: September 15, 2019, 03:33:37 AM »
A little too much coffee for last nights's KOTH, wide awake at 4:30 and going strong. That will help the insomnia.
Well it was two bad KOTHs in a row for me and brings back bad memories of how a CM 'runs' a KOTH by NOT paying attention TO the event, which usually results in bad things. Maybe that should be 'ruins.'
My results will now be posted a week after the event to allow for any issues to be resolved. I goofed last night and will try my best to end the streak.
I'll run October's event by the rules according to my Arena Message but keep this in mind; it's the players responsibility to know the rules for the events they fly in.
I asked if there were any questions and was blabbing about them throughout it's duration but players should read the rules and ask questions about them if there are any.
Maybe I'll go back to my old ways and bore everyone with 15 minutes of rules. I suppose that would mean another recital if any players join the event that didn't hear the first one.
I should have DQ-ed HORRIDO1 for the use of rockets the first Bf 110 round and didn't. I don't fly in my KOTHs because I can't monitor it properly when I do. Last night I got into the event too much and really enjoyed it: however , I didn't monitor it and thus screwed the pooch.
It's official and the results will stand as is and you can all see them next weekend.
I'm also really considering moving the event up an hour to start at 9 pm. My body clock was always best suited for the other KOTH.

A moment of clarity,  :D   , I did announce the winner, HORRIDO1 , over channel 906 and it's official so results for September will be up... heck.. 10 or 15 minutes.
Should have a beer or something

Edit-Phooey, had enough KOTH for a few days, before next weekend
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 03:58:41 AM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: September 2019 KOTH Results
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 06:09:33 AM »
fuzeman, brother, you have been the Builderberg of the KOTH event and keeping it going for longer than any other KOTH CM....actually I bet you could add up all the years you have kept this event going and add all other KOTH CM's time together and your's would come out being more!

You are appreciated more than you receive acknowledgement for, so don't be kicking yourself for 1 little incident that happened in a round of  an event that some of us have a lot of passion for....chit happens  :D

Congrats Horrido1 on winning september's KOTH A event!

Fun fighting all around last night

~SALUTE~

TC

Edit: I'm all for the Saturday night KOTH event returning to it's original 9:00 PM time slot! I hated it when it was switched to 10:00 PM a few years back!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 06:18:47 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 11:37:17 AM »
  I can't believe all those pilots that want 1v1 fights don't fly every KOTH. I also can't believe it was my first one in 16 years.  :rolleyes:

Great fights <S> It makes you want to learn some of the rides you seldom fly.   :airplane:

If you haven't tried KOTH don't be intimidated just good fun!  :x
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 01:15:27 PM »
My theory is they don't like it once the wabbit hunting starts, and/or don't like people headhunting the higher-threat targets.  I could be wrong but that's how it strikes me.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 01:40:31 PM »
Enjoyed KOTH again - thanks fuzeman!!!

All for it starting at 2100 vs 2200

2200 feels like midnight these days

<S>
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 02:34:33 PM »
Yikes, the positive waves !!! Oddball would be impressed  :D
Wabbit hunting an integral part of KOTH in my opinion and there is a technique to it, just like everything.
Have to be close but but not too close so he can no-joy you and make sure you don't get to close to another wabbit hunter getting to him or you have to fight it out with them first.
Personally I never thought of myself as a great wabbit hunter, even on a good day { and those are getting farther and fewer between it seems  :rofl }, but I did try to hunt them and maybe hang around for a second wabbit hunter to get there and help. But I don't fly in my event so that doesn't happen anymore.

Yea I think when I get cut I bleed KOTH a little bit but when you can't even get your squadmates to attend, something is just  :headscratch: 

EDIT>>> forgot to ask HORRIDO1 for October's first plane so have to find him or if anyone sees him, direct him here or mention it to him.  :aok
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 02:37:21 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 05:14:28 PM »
September's KOTH is in the books and time to think about next months, namely what plane? I forgot to ask HORRIDO1 what he wanted.
It lasted about 90 minutes and we had 7 rounds. There were 2 wabbits and 6 or 7 players throughout the night. Congratulations and {S} to HORRIDO1 for the win. As mentioned I forgot to ask plane type so time will tell regarding that.

Round by round results:
1} KrazyIvan in a Tu-2S
2} KrazyIvan in a P-38J   {Wabbit}
3} Eagler in a Yak-9U
4} TC in a Bf 109F-4
5} HORRIDO1 in a C.202
6} HORRIDO1 in a B f 110G-2   {Wabbit}
7} HORRIDO1 wins in a B f 110G-2

TOC reservations earned by HORRIDO1, KrazyIvan
Top kills registered were TC with 8, HORRIDO1 with 5, Eagler with 4, and edmJG51 and KrzyIvan with 2.
Logs can be found at http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 09:45:14 PM »
Saw HORRIDO1 in Melee tonight and inquired about plane selection. I was informed the Bf 110G-2 was his selection.
No rockets  :aok

September's KOTH is in the books and time to think about next months, namely what plane? I forgot to ask HORRIDO1 what he wanted.
It lasted about 90 minutes and we had 7 rounds. There were 2 wabbits and 6 or 7 players throughout the night. Congratulations and {S} to HORRIDO1 for the win. As mentioned I forgot to ask plane type so time will tell regarding that.

Round by round results:
1} KrazyIvan in a Tu-2S
2} KrazyIvan in a P-38J   {Wabbit}
3} Eagler in a Yak-9U
4} TC in a Bf 109F-4
5} HORRIDO1 in a C.202
6} HORRIDO1 in a B f 110G-2   {Wabbit}
7} HORRIDO1 wins in a B f 110G-2

TOC reservations earned by HORRIDO1, KrazyIvan
Top kills registered were TC with 8, HORRIDO1 with 5, Eagler with 4, and edmJG51 and KrzyIvan with 2.
Logs can be found at http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2019, 11:57:09 AM »
Hi fuzeman

When is the next KOTH?

<S>
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2019, 12:23:39 PM »
Trying to keep mine, KOTH A, second Saturday of the month, for consistency, regularity, etc.
So to be regular and consistent  :D  October's KOTH A will be held 12 October 2019 in SEA II at 10 pm EST
I think my est's and dst's are mixed up though, but what do you expect when the guy who typed it up IS mixed up.
Maybe next year I'll start an hour earlier but that will squeeze it sometimes when other events are held the same day, like this October and the scenario which runs on every Saturday of the month.

Hi fuzeman

When is the next KOTH?

<S>