Author Topic: SAAMIAM  (Read 4907 times)

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
Re: SAAMIAM
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 04:32:13 AM »
Wow!! I didn't know I had become so famous!😎.. Got my own thread and everything... Impressive for a noob.. Please, allow me to respond accordingly. Please be aware that I have read every reply and shall do my best to address them all.
Lets start with the tantrum.
Inappropriate, unprofessional and out of character for who I am or was. I did apologize to HT and my only defense is that it came from a few unanswered support requests, a lack of understanding of all the features in the game. Mostly it came after literally 4 straight hours of take off in a mossy, climb out and fly 15 to 20 min to target only to get the lockout glitch the instant I would engage and die. Then repeat. The final straw was after flying the goon at treetop and up a river across 2 1/2 quadrants then controller lockout exactly when I pull up to drop troops and crash, blowing the chance to capture and wasting the squads past 45 min effort. Its a programming glitch between that algorythum and the sensors tracking touch controllers when engaging. This happened all day and continues until now. I fly sticked planes without issue but the Mossy and B25H happens to be my favorites. its only in yoked planes.
Then there is the brain damage from Sarin Gas exposure in Iraq and Serbrencia that scrambled my central nervous system in the brain which triggers terets  10x.

Ok, moving on. Touch Controllers.... Love em.. I've put my Hotas in the closet and will only fly touch controller  now. You say its not precise.. show me a wwii aircraft that had a flight systems management setup like the HOTAS.. What you are using was designed to be used with modern jet fighters.i get a realistic representation of actual conditions including the typical slop or play that you would find in those aircraft.
Rudders.. I find that my pedals dont fit in the ergonomics of how I play now so i boxed them up. I simply use the hat switch on my left touch controller for yaw. The other hat switch i use for gear and flaps.
I find that using the hat switch for eyes on back of head view is something akin to arcade play and a mild form of cheating the simulation out of realism. I never even used that when i used my hotas and i dont use it now. I mean seriously, have you ever seen a pilot rotate his head completely level and a full 180 and 360? To me that is a novice control feature for new and lesser skilled pilots.
Also, using the Hotas means you are sitting at a desk with the jet fighter stick mounted or on the desk  or similar.
By using the Touch controllers I am able to play AH while chilling in a Lazy Boy recliner, feet kicked up, hands resting comfortably and grabbing the in plane stick in a natural position. You cant even come close to such immersion with the hotas. I Salute HT for such amazing attention to detail when he set up the planes for touch controlling. It must have been a nightmare to match the real world planes I often forget Im holding a touch controller and feel as though im holding the real in plane stick. As the learning curve begins to flatten, i perform better..

"SAAMIAM seems to really like this game and plays well with others" 
Let me say, I love this game. It is exactly what I dreamed about back in the eighties. It is nothing short of incredible, it is the only game i play now and after near 20 years playing Ace Combat and 10 yrs on IL2, Aces High has captured all of my attention. I literally play 4 to 6 hours a day and have no intention of stopping. In fact, just the other day I got the "flippz" achievement after shooting down flippz... lol that guy is top 3 in the game.
Hard for a new player, vertical learning curve..
The game itself is challenging yes, but not overwhelmingly so. Especially for someone who has played flight combat sims, sim/arcade and arcade for 20 yrs.
Imagine getting a new game, firing it up and everything you face is godmode. Unrelenting, brutal, continuous godmode. That is the X-Factor that crushes the enthusiasm of every single new player. From above, from below, from a weaker plane, it doesnt matter, when you enter the MA as a noob, you are going to die. Repeatedly and without mercy or remorse. Its nobody's fault, its just the product of the entire community of players that are the true lovers of the game, the best in the game. I get mad as heck, frustrated beyond belief and depressed everyday as I waste all my ammo trying to down a guy just to have him spin around and  down me with a single trigger pull. BUT....BUT... Im starting to become deadlier every day and wont be long before Im right up there with you killers..

Scenario...
I was very appreciative of Brooks for the invite and He is right, I did fly the first mission befor having to go rescue my 18yr daughter and plug her tire BUT... i did crash on my landing at mission end.. I really wanted to play more but the timing just didn't work out for me.  Hopefully I can take part in more events soon.

Some things that really chap my A....
The guy that engages you then runs away to his field or cv hoping to drag you in to the anti air instead of duking it out with you... or the jousting pilot who enjoys ramming you in a head on. I find those tactics to be no skill weak-sauce. Or even the guy from your own country that sits up at 15k and watches you get triple teamed instead of helping you because he doesnt want to give up his ALT..  But hey, its a part of the game and nobody is forcing me to chase him back to mommy or even to engage at all.. right? I just can't help myself, I am aggressive Marine and if I see enemy, I break to engage be it 1v1 or 1 v 10.. and will always always break to give assistance to a fellow rook in a pickle regardless of the risks to self.

I will close with this.... I love this game, im hooked and will be here for the next 10 yrs.. If you use VR, put away the HOTAS, grab a lazyboy recliner and your touch controllers  and fly right.. If you dont have VR yet, get it today and you will never play flat screen again.
I am filterless, brash, honest to a fault.  I am also an empath a Marine and one who will cover a grenade for any and all other humans..

Semper Fi
  SAAMIAM
"BTIam"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 09:08:23 AM »
I stopped reading after your first paragraph. It was so wrong that I saw no reason to continue.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2019, 09:43:01 AM »
We get it. Ya like the touch controllers because you can totally kick on the recliner and still fly AH. Good for you! One of my squaddies flies with a mouse and he's one of the better pilots you'll come across. If those things work for you(but I guess they kinda don't lol) that's great, but they do kinda suck for this. THAT IS WHY YOU GET THE STICK MOVING TOO FAST WARNING. No other reason. They are just inacurate and inconsistent (I have them and have tried them - - they're a no for AH). This game REQUIRES accurate and consistent input from the controllers and with VERY GOOD REASON. That's been explained to you in another thread but as the Captain said in Cool Hand Luke--some men you just can't reach.

Look, if the touch controllers are your jam that's great. Enjoy! Glad to have you. But don't come with this whine there's something wrong with the game because your controllers aren't up to the task because they frankly just aren't!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 10:21:23 AM »

Ditch the touch controllers.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2019, 11:00:15 AM »
The touch controllers aren't for this game...they are junk...don't use them....

Or use them and cry...either way
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 11:42:03 AM »

Yeah I noticed everytime id replace an old logitech 3d or t16000 that had been going bad with a brand new one that my hit rate would.improve significantly. A decent joystick is required to have any real success in this game for the vast majority of cartoon pilots

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 09:41:44 PM »
I stopped reading after your first paragraph. It was so wrong that I saw no reason to continue.

Im sorry your lack of intelligence has made you so ignorant.. dont give up Shuffler.. you will figure it out.. p.s. 2+2  really does equal 4.

Saam

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 09:48:50 PM »
We get it. Ya like the touch controllers because you can totally kick on the recliner and still fly AH. Good for you! One of my squaddies flies with a mouse and he's one of the better pilots you'll come across. If those things work for you(but I guess they kinda don't lol) that's great, but they do kinda suck for this. THAT IS WHY YOU GET THE STICK MOVING TOO FAST WARNING. No other reason. They are just inacurate and inconsistent (I have them and have tried them - - they're a no for AH). This game REQUIRES accurate and consistent input from the controllers and with VERY GOOD REASON. That's been explained to you in another thread but as the Captain said in Cool Hand Luke--some men you just can't reach.

Look, if the touch controllers are your jam that's great. Enjoy! Glad to have you. But don't come with this whine there's something wrong with the game because your controllers aren't up to the task because they frankly just aren't!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

We can settle this easily Cool Hand... me and you in Match Play arena.. best of 5. You can even pick the plane..  its a glitch in the yoke planes and tracking ya genius.. but oh yeah,, I forgot, you are an expert with your 5 minutes of using touch controllers.. in fact Ill face any of you confident killers in match play arena for a best of 5.. I said "Match Play" not dueling arena.. I can handle enemy AI chasing after me while I engage you.. can you?
Spare me any excuse why you wont face me in a match arena but if you want to talk smack to me then be prepared to back it up with action. Just don't complain if I happen to beat you in my lazyboy..

And for the record.. Touch Controllers... + Aces High III... a full GO

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 09:50:25 PM »

So when shall we meet it match play arena so you can show me how bad i suck because of touch controllers??

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 10:46:01 PM »
Im sorry your lack of intelligence has made you so ignorant.. dont give up Shuffler.. you will figure it out.. p.s. 2+2  really does equal 4.

Saam

You have 2 bananas add 2 glasses of milk, you don't have 4, perhaps banana milk.

You can even have 2 glasses of milk in a container, add 2 more milk glasses and it will never equal 4 glasses of milk.

semp

edit: I have an even funnier for you, an ounce of gold is heavier than an ounce of cotton.  but a pound of cotton is heavier than a pound of gold.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:02:24 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2019, 11:56:06 PM »

Saam

You still don't understand. Maybe some day you will learn.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 12:47:30 AM »
Srebrenica?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2019, 01:31:34 AM »
You still don't understand. Maybe some day you will learn.
  👍

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2019, 01:45:56 AM »
Srebrenica?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre

My last op as STA. We were on ship as part of 26MEU. Although "no US Troops were on the ground" officially, my spotter and I were dropped in to infiltrate, close with and if situation permitted, execute a well placed shot to the leadership of the scumbag elite unit carrying out the "ethnic cleansing".  Lots of bad guys, in the area and we spent a couple days hiding out in an abandoned school that had been used to mass execute a couple hundred men and boys with Sarin Gas a day or two earlier. We didnt know it at the time and the chemical residue was absorbed into our system..
Besides the short circuiting brain, I no longer have an esophagus and my digestive track is a never healing open wound.. lemon juice on an open cut has nothing on what stomach acid on an open wound feels like..
Anyway, sorry for the rambling. Srebrencia was beautiful country but has left me with bad dreams and failing health.

SAAM

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2019, 06:54:17 AM »
Come on Drano....LOL do it.... Accept his challenge in the match play arena....

I don't understand why he says not the dueling arena, because it doesn't exist anymore, Match Play Arena replaced it and the dueling arena is built into the MPA....so that needs more explanation of what he is actually wanting to do....looking & reading his posts, makes me wonder if he isn't getting AH3 & WarOnline:Pacific mixed up or mixed together somewhat (2 completely different games)

Also puller take him up on his challenge....

I don't have VR, my disabilities with my neck, spine, right shoulder and arm, limit me....but I will gladly take you up on your challenge this coming Thursday evening after I get done with my doctors appointments this week... Saam

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC