Author Topic: Object Editor Scale won't hold  (Read 555 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Object Editor Scale won't hold
« on: October 05, 2019, 05:58:19 PM »
When setting trees and buildings using speed tree, the properties dialog forces a 1.00 scale. The only way I've found to change scale is to edit the .swa file, which is prone to errors.

Yes, the default terrset tiles are full of non 1:1 scale.

Thanks

EDIT: It doesn't seem to apply to all shapes, but it's (stable02 etc) still an issue.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 06:43:46 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Object Editor Scale won't hold
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 02:15:08 PM »
A couple more things, well, two of them are bugs actually and maybe a third. I posted the "wish" in the wish list forum.

When typing into the properties window (again in the OE) if you hit the delete key in any text box, the object in the edit window is deleted leaving a phantom image.

In the edit window, if you hit the delete key or the delete button in the editor's buttons, it also leaves a phantom image.

Wish: I'd like to be able to rotate groups of objects in the OE in a similar way that you can in the TE. Again, to save time & effort. The way it works now you must rotate each object separately and then realign them. I guess this might be a bug too.

EDIT: I forgot to add that if you use a selection rectangle on more that one object, yes, they will be deleted and vanish as they should.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 02:50:17 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 10:58:19 PM »

The Rotate button often seems to balk the first few times I try to use it. Later, without any obvious differences, it will start working. At least that's what happened with a sq. tile I was working on last summer. Now, working on terrain tile, I can't make it work again which was why the wish. I remembered that it eventually started working as it was supposed to but I have no idea why or how to start it working again.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 11:30:46 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 02:29:27 PM »
I took a quick look at scale. it can only be set from 0.5 to 1.5, was this possibly the issue?

Thanks

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 05:59:56 PM »
Yes, 1.6 was what I was looking for on the stable02. By editing the swa file, I can make it hold at that value, then I copy it within the OE and it saves as I expected at 1.6. woot.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 01:31:40 PM »
There may be a reason 1.5 was max.