Author Topic: Can we have a clock and keyboard in VR  (Read 1098 times)

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
Can we have a clock and keyboard in VR
« on: September 23, 2018, 10:02:26 AM »
Since in VR we are in our own little world we need some help to communicate. Can we have a clock... for obvious reasons.... and an on screen keyboard so we can communicate with others (or use non mapped commands) without lifting the headset.

I will impose a limit of 1 comment telling me to learn touch typing.

Todd

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Can we have a clock and keyboard in VR
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 10:12:05 AM »
Since in VR we are in our own little world we need some help to communicate. Can we have a clock... for obvious reasons.... and an on screen keyboard so we can communicate with others (or use non mapped commands) without lifting the headset.

I will impose a limit of 1 comment telling me to learn touch typing.

Todd

+1. Touch typing; that’s crazy talk!

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 02:35:06 PM »
Touch Typing? :uhoh Who am I kidding...my hands are numb...even watching what I am typing sucks ;) Todd, have you tried using VoiceAttack? They have a FREE, 1 profile, program option to try it out. I use it for quite a lot of functions. You WILL need to train the Windows Speech Recognition program too really get the most out of it, but I LOVE IT :rock Push button to start listening-say "ONE" and set Salvo to 1...Say "TWO" or SIX" and salvo is 2 or 6. "Gear" and its either down or up. Say "Thanks" and it executes the .RS function. Think I use around 8 commands, but those mentioned are the more useful. Keep meaning to see if it would work for the NON COMMAND text typing. It does work for "CANNED" responses in text though. feeling like Clint Eastwood in "Fire Fox"....PRICELESS :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 09:05:59 PM »
FIRE REAR MISSILE...
Firefox... love the cultural reference... think in Russian!!!!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 02:53:32 AM »
ABSOLUTELY! Only this program takes English!!! Its pretty SWEET :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 02:57:24 AM »
Voice attack is probably the best 10 dollars I've ever spent

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 03:09:17 AM »
Voice attack is probably the best 10 dollars I've ever spent
AGREED! Its pretty bad arse :rock

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 12:26:26 AM »
I will try voice attack... but I still want a keyboard and clock

Offline evilseed

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2019, 05:11:21 PM »
A real-time "HH:MM:SS" clock line on the clipboard would be fine for me.  It doesn't have to be fancy, just in-game.  Lifting and peeking under the HMD to to coordinate missions is tedious.

-ES

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 09:49:12 AM »
Their is one u can buy on the Steam VR site called FPSVR cost like 3.00 dollars. I use it when I play VR it show the System Usage such as FPS and CPU GPU usage as well as time. I have mine also set to pop the time up every 15 min to help me with fuel management. Its a very nice addon for VR. I have mine set to my controller so I can place it on the screen wherever I want it.