Author Topic: Reward effort not just success  (Read 2448 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Reward effort not just success
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2019, 08:13:35 PM »
Will more kudos keep the kiddies contented? I think real rewards beat token rewards but that's just my opinion.

Is it likely that every player wants to see their statistics after every flight ?  Would it be more likely to encourage or discourage new players?

Sounds like new players need some training before they lose heart in the MA.

Did anyone figure out, just for fun, how many trainers it would take to staff the TA 24/7?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2019, 08:45:32 PM »

You guys know that moST of what I am asking for is already in the game, you know, progress to achievements, addition to score etc.  But it is all hidden.  I would have to hunt around for the achievements bit since it is hidden away.  Why not bring that forward so after each run the players see progress?

As it is now all you see is Last Sortie:  0.00

Ohhh hell yeah I want to do that again!!!    noobs simply will not keep trying if all they get is a big fat zero and a bunch of vets all just picking them apart.

EXACTLY.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2019, 08:46:46 PM »
Will more kudos keep the kiddies contented? I think real rewards beat token rewards but that's just my opinion.

Is it likely that every player wants to see their statistics after every flight ?  Would it be more likely to encourage or discourage new players?

Sounds like new players need some training before they lose heart in the MA.

Did anyone figure out, just for fun, how many trainers it would take to staff the TA 24/7?

You are one-dimensional in your either-or thinking here.  You can award BOTH.

And seeing actual hit stats on a mission telling how many pounds and rounds hit the target beats 0.02 perks hidden away somewhere.

People may NEED training, but you need to face the fact that most do it on their own.  Ignore this at your figurative peril.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:53:33 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2019, 09:11:36 PM »
I know you can award both. That has nothing to do with saying what I prefer.

You like stats. Not everyone does.

Most people want to train themselves. Next you'll be telling me the sky is blue. Oh my. 

Most people would learn something from training. But if they learn another way that's fine.

So much DRAMA.   :D

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2019, 09:50:10 PM »
I know you can award both. That has nothing to do with saying what I prefer.

You like stats. Not everyone does.

Most people want to train themselves. Next you'll be telling me the sky is blue. Oh my. 

Most people would learn something from training. But if they learn another way that's fine.

So much DRAMA.   :D

I'll say this much, you like putting words in other people's mouths.    Go back and read my posts again, for context this time.    I never indicated my personal preferences.

I realize you fail to understand the concept that this thread is about new players, NOT about you.  But then again...

(The only drama in this thread is yours, BTW.)

--

I should point out that if snark is all one has to contribute it's best they step out of the conversation so productive dialogue can take place.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 10:11:58 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2019, 03:56:52 AM »

THAT WAS AN ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC AND HELPFUL COMMENT.

Glad you are appreciative. You're right, I don't get it, not one bit. Why do you think you would feel gratified by having a cartoon gong? It's no more or less silly than having a marker by your name because, amongst other things, you managed to jump a cartoon jeep.

I do think it's reasonable to promote players though. I think you should be an Air Vice Fieldmarshal General.

Your welcome. Drinks are on you Sir  :salute

SMH.  Some people just don't get it.   :rolleyes:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2019, 04:26:54 AM »
More stellar commentary muddled by the inability to quote properly.

(Did someone mention something about toxic and insular players in another thread?)

I have never come across a more closed, aggressive, militant group on a forum, or in game as the AH crowd. A new player, in almost every case, is greeted by getting repeatedly and easily killed to pad someone's score.

They see vitriolic exchanges constantly on open channel.

Irony, why are you so delicious?   :rofl
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 04:36:56 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2019, 05:25:12 AM »
I don't understand, I made a perfectly relevant point.

And what is this drama of which you speak? I genuinely and honestly couldn't give a flying about any of this. You suggested having spiffy little gongs. I merely posited that you can make and award yourself as many as you like 👍
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2019, 08:32:34 AM »
I don't understand, I made a perfectly relevant point.

And what is this drama of which you speak? I genuinely and honestly couldn't give a flying about any of this. You suggested having spiffy little gongs. I merely posited that you can make and award yourself as many as you like 👍

This isn't about me, and I didn't bring up drama, the Drama King did.

Nice try, though.   :aok
”KILLER V”

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2019, 10:48:36 AM »
And what is this drama of which you speak? ...

Somebody MADE a POINT in JEST about SOMEBODY using CAPITALIZATION for EMPHASIS.   :D

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2019, 06:03:24 PM »
I think it's something people have been trained by most other games to expect.  They see something to show "Progress" even though at the end of the day, it just means you've put in time.

One of the things that I think doesn't help this game is people don't have anything to "work towards" other than getting better at the game itself.  There's no "progression" to better equipment or cosmetics, we get everything.  The achievements don't provide a tangible benefit.  Some see that as a good thing, I think some people see it as a detriment.

I think there's a very prevalent attitude that no visible/tangible progression means there's no "game".

Wiley.
I don’t disagree with you however this is an air combat simulator game. The reward is in the kill itself or the landing of damage flying a bomber. The way to solve the problem mentioned above is to get people to stop taking your kills or as I like to say clearing your 12. One way I do it, I note who’s the kill stealer is and stop giving him check sixes, eventually because they’re not very good (that is why they steal kills) they die and then your problem is solved. And it sure doesn’t hurt to call them out on it to the left where you’re not happy with your actions everybody else on the range channel is aware of this person does that as well! For me I never drop in on two people fighting and less I ask first if the person needs the help.
"Harden The F_ck Up”