Author Topic: Haven't flown in 15+ years probably - anyone still around from those days?  (Read 1692 times)

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
I just finally restored an old backup drive with tons of Aces High stuff on it. Got the itch to get back in and wondering if any of the guys I used to fly with or met at the con in Texas in 2001 are still around.

Anyone from the <===ASSASSINS===>? hblair, milenko, zigrat, lizard3
Drex? FunkedUp? Dinger? Ripsnort?

I'm sure there are more. Pretty wild that my BBS account still works. Glad to see HTC is still going strong!

S!
Moose
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
All of us old people are just older....   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Cdr. Rialbh does the morning fod walk.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Still a few old players lingering...

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Is great to see your post moose!

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline AKQwik

• Copper Member
There are many of us lifers still in the game.  Come on back :salute

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member

Hiya Moose!

I'm still around, playing when I am home from jobs.
Heath (hblair) isn't coming back, probably ever from our conversations.  He's a grandpa now, doing well, dealing with life like we all are.
Milenko, Zigrat, Lizard3, Wlfgng.......tried to get in contact with them to no avail.
Earlier this year I was able to get in touch with BigMax and his brother Slash, and reformed (briefly, very briefly) The Assassins squad.  Was a lot of fun winging with
those two again after 15 or more years; my job keeps me gone for 4-6 weeks at a time, and BM and Slash like to be part of larger groups than just the 3 of us, so they
joined another squad, I disbanded the Assassins one last time, and now................BM is busy with real life stuff again, Slash is back to his work and real life issues, and me....I fly less and less anymore.  Been home a month and until yesterday had only logged in twice. 
The other guys.......I dunno where Drex made it off to. Haven't seen him, Leviathn, Funked, StSanta, etc in so long I have to sit back and really ponder all the names of the old timers we used to face on a daily basis in the arenas.
Hajo, OBX, and others were here until earlier this year, now doing real life stuff............
I had to face the fact a while back that a lot of the generation of players from the glory days of Aces High have either moved on, or......well, we've lost more players than I'd like to admit to old age, death taking it's toll on that generation of players.  Hard to believe that's I've been a part of this game for nearly 20 years now. Combat flight simulators and games were always a very small niche market, and once we are gone, I don't see the younger generations having the same interest in the aviation history that lured or drove me to find this game and sign up in the first place.
Holler at me, sometime, Moose.  It would be great to talk to you again.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Hey Eddie!  I've been gone for almost two years.  People I also miss, Saw, Nomde, shamus, Ram, Lephturn also Hblair....great battles and my good friend Wilbus..........Yucca too!  Another good friend Apar!

Eddie was a different generation.  We are sons of the greatest generation.  WWII was just over and most of us were born to parents who served or lived during that time and we were born shortly after that conflagration.  WWII left a deep impression on everyone.  It's a generational "thing".  I would hazard a guess that most that play AH are gamers not history buffs.  I would surmise also that many participants of AH play more then just AH.  And quite likely not interested in the history of WWII.  Next new bright and shiny thing that comes along will draw their interest and take time away from AH.
We on the other hand played only Air Warrior then Aces High when AW was dumped by EA.

As I said different generations.  There is no blame to be pointed out.  WWII, the History of as evidenced by the lack participation here, is a thing of the past but for a few.

Take care Eddie!  I stop in once in awhile to read but in this instance reading your post brought back memories of a good time and and good friends.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Good to see that you are still lurking the BBS, Wayne!

Hope you and yours are doing well brother...

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Hiyas Johnny!

I hope that all is well with you old friend as well.

- The Flying Circus -

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
Suave is back as Floob. I been floob now longer than I was suave. Just flew a scenario frame today, was a hoot. Think I'm the only one left from the 308.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Hey Eddie!  I've been gone for almost two years.  People I also miss, Saw, Nomde, shamus, Ram, Lephturn also Hblair....great battles and my good friend Wilbus..........Yucca too!  Another good friend Apar!
I would be in remiss not to mention MaX...one of the worst pilots in the game, but always a kind, all around goofy knuckelhead!

<fixed>

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Ha Ha Ha.....

we missed you today in the scenario Max.....

Hope you can make the last 2 frames, brother

~S~

TC

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
MaXieeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  Yep you and Coach also.  Lotsa good guys from The Flying Circus.  One of the oldest squads in Aces High.  No longer exists as do many former early Aces High Squads.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Sorry about that TC. They were short staffed at work yesterday and had a wedding reception booked for 175 guests. I got called in last second and didn't have time to get the word out. I'll be seeing you next Saturday. :old:

Hajo TFC is still active via OBX and Hand...maybe a couple more.