Author Topic: Bomber BDA Photos  (Read 754 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Bomber BDA Photos
« on: October 13, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
Bombers with bomb-sights:

When the salvo is dropped, the client records the ground position of the cross-hairs at that time and tracks the lifetime of each bomb of the salvo.  When the last bomb of that salvo has detonated, an image is captured from a point directly over the recorded cross-hair ground position at an altitude of 2000ft (?).  This image is written off to a cache.

Here is the catch.  The temporary cache is encrypted.  The pilot only gets access to the photos after returning and landing with at least one of his formation planes.  At that point when he enters the tower, the images are unencrypted and there is a UI mode for reviewing the BDA photos and saving them off to where ever under what ever name they want.

If the none of the pilot's formation makes it back, the cache is cleared.  No pics for you!

Bombers/fighter bombers without bomb-sights:

Same as above except the photo is take from directly above the impact point of the first bomb detonation of a salvo.

$0.02,
CptTrips

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 07:20:29 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Bomber BDA Photos
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:34:01 AM »
No need of last point, I would do a min max tracking of the bomb impacts.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 12:19:46 PM »
If clearing the photo cache was an arena setting it would be useful for training when off.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 12:20:20 PM »
No need of last point, I would do a min max tracking of the bomb impacts.

HiTech

:aok

I guess this all could apply to rocket salvo too.

:salute

On the case with bomb sights, extra point for overlaying the cross-hairs so you can see where you were hoping to hit.   ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:24:12 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 12:22:13 PM »
If clearing the photo cache was an arena setting it would be useful for training when off.

Good idea.

In the Melee, I think it's a cool gimme to reward the bombers for their long flights and an incentive to bother returning back to base rather than just bailing after the eggs are dropped.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 12:36:30 PM »

On the case with bomb sights, extra point for overlaying the cross-hairs so you can see where you were hoping to hit.   ;)

A screenshot of the bombsight on release with the subsequent bomb hits plotted?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 12:43:22 PM »
A screenshot of the bombsight on release with the subsequent bomb hits plotted?

That's what I was thinking. 

It might reveal you were impatient and clicked too soon, or got distracted and clicked too late, or show the effects of poor calibrations or on maneuvering after calibration, etc.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 12:48:16 PM by CptTrips »