Author Topic: limit eny when we have low players  (Read 13387 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
limit eny when we have low players
« on: October 18, 2019, 03:29:59 AM »
today there's 22 players and we have eny, not sure how many in tower, but it's kind of ridiculous to have eny with such low numbers.
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: limit eny when we have low players
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 03:36:52 AM »
kept checking we had 8 or 9 players flying

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 09:08:40 AM »
Did you switch sides?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
Did you switch sides?

Idiot!  I changed sides but nothing to see so I tried my second account  well I guessed wrong so I created a 3rd account...yep finally a fight.  How about you actually try the game instead of jerk off on the forum

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 09:50:32 AM »
His computer is on the fritz

I thought the "eny" didn't engage until a certain amount of players were logged in? Or do they all have to be flying ?

Or was it discussed but never implemented?

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 09:56:56 AM »
today there's 22 players and we have eny, not sure how many in tower, but it's kind of ridiculous to have eny with such low numbers.

+1

I've been asking for this going on years.

When that happens to me I don't even bother to stay.    I know others feel the same way.   

My playing time is limited.   Getting nailed by that monster when I login is a major frustration.   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 09:58:14 AM »
Idiot!  I changed sides but nothing to see so I tried my second account  well I guessed wrong so I created a 3rd account...yep finally a fight.  How about you actually try the game instead of jerk off on the forum

I like Shuffler but have to agree with your assessment of how the side changing thing goes.   I've experienced the same. 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 01:06:15 PM »

You new guys are a hoot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »
His computer is on the fritz

I thought the "eny" didn't engage until a certain amount of players were logged in? Or do they all have to be flying ?

Or was it discussed but never implemented?

I thought so too.

It is extremely rare that eny affects my choice of birds.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2019, 01:54:27 PM »
Really wish there were different color dars to tell which team was winning the fight on the other side. Sometimes you switch teams to try to find the fight, but end up on the side that is winning. Then cannot do anything about it. Generally with under 50 players, the #s on each side dont correlate to who is winning the map, battle.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 02:33:00 PM »
I thought so too.

It is extremely rare that eny affects my choice of birds.

These kind of statements are about the dumbest ones Ive seen on these boards. If you follow that logic to the end it means there will be 5 players on flying their ride of choice because ENY doesnt effect them, while everyone else has left the game.

Just because it doesnt effect you dosent make the point moot. These people have valid complaints and unfortunately with more and more complaints about one thing or another you can see the effect in the numbers as they continually drop away.

2 more squads have given notice for FSO that this is their last month as they can no longer get enough players to show to make it worth the time and energy. Poor Brook has worn his fingers down to nibs trying to build some interest in the scenario coming up. If there is "nothing wrong with the game" why are so many people leaving?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 03:33:24 PM »
If there is "nothing wrong with the game" why are so many people leaving?

Certainly it couldn't be because people get abusive on the BBS.  Or in the game, for that matter.

- oldman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2019, 03:37:38 PM »

Certainly it couldn't be because people get abusive on the BBS.  Or in the game, for that matter.

- oldman

EDIT.... I wrote this whole big thing about how I love the game and such, but it just isnt worth it. Those of you with your heads in the sand won't be talked back into the real world with out your rose colored glasses anyway.

I hope this game holds on a long time because I hope to play this game a long time. Only time will tell.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 04:00:53 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2019, 04:08:19 PM »
EDIT.... I wrote this whole big thing about how I love the game and such, but it just isnt worth it. Those of you with your heads in the sand won't be talked back into the real world with out your rose colored glasses anyway.

I hope this game holds on a long time because I hope to play this game a long time. Only time will tell.

I wasn't kidding.  Calling one's fellow players "dumb," or "idiot," or telling them to stop jerking off on the forum (something of a new low), really is not the sort of thing that puts a good face on this game for new people who just may be interested in joining a friendly group with like interests.  It's a poor answer to say that other games are worse.

- oldman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2019, 04:19:16 PM »
If ENY is off and one guy joins and it turns on do you ask them to leave?  :D

Seems like it could be a disincentive to join and play if it would restart ENY and you play on the high side.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 04:21:59 PM by FLS »