Author Topic: Heads Up!  (Read 799 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Heads Up!
« on: October 20, 2019, 12:22:32 AM »
all of us that play FSO need to watch out and pay attention to the "ORDERS" of the frame/setup

my FSO squad I fly in, the 412th FNVG, intercepted a bunch of players that were 5,000 to 6,000 feet above the 20K ft Altitude Cap!

I have film, but find it better to not call anyone out by gameid...... just check yourself, your group and try to play with in the setup....

cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Heads Up!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 08:07:40 AM »
This happens all the time although I think 5-6k may be a bit on the outside.  They just need to put in the super destructive downdraft wind at the limit and then there is no issue or do away with the limit.  One or the other.  Otherwise folks will fly over it.  Threatening to send in films here means nothing as we have all seen it on both sides in multiple setups and nothing has changed.  The CMs are aware because the CMs are flying with us.  Your CO is a CM.  Let the CM's handle it.  Thanks for policing though.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 08:41:21 AM »
Alt caps are tricky. We need them in because of plane performance and balance, but we also do not want your plane to stall if you go over. It is difficult to enforce, so the best way is to have a stiff downdraft above the cap so that your plane's performance suffers. I suppose we could stiffen the downdraft further?
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 09:47:18 AM »
It would be nice to some how be able to use the match play Alt Cap settings in the SEA. A physical barrier without being insta-killed would be great. Not sure if it's possible, but might be something we could try.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 10:20:54 AM »
Might need to do some testing on that, Nef.... Before using it in the SEA...

Waystin, Sir, I'm aware of all the CM's that participate in FSO and one of them asked me to save film at the time this was happening in the last FSO frame....we were talking on PM

I just posted this heads up thread as a reminder that we all are flying a setup with limitations, instead of emailing or posting a film..... I thought it to be easier this way to leave gameid's out of it....heh, I'm not policing but do find that comical :D

~S~

TC

Edit: my private text were with 2 CM's that were using the CM blue text in FSO, not with my squad CO, and I did as requested of one of the CM's, except I'm not posting or emailing the film....heck, I wasn't even threatening that I would email or post it.... Was simply posting a heads up reminder
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 10:57:33 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 10:49:19 AM »
CMs aren't in every squad but every squad has the setup sent to multiple or at least two members every month. It's usually repeated in the orders for every frame. While we in the 412th make sure we have the caps understood not long after takeoff, it's clear a lot of squads pay about as much attention to that information as they do to when it's their turn to put out the orders. This itshay ain't hard! While I agree it's possible to drift past the cap while chattering or maneuvering, it's just as easy to adjust back.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline tunes

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 03:51:04 PM »
Is that why the fighter cover is always shooting me down.

I have to say when I was in Bostons twice this month and This past FSO.

Ever time I looked. One of the tunettes was high.

Good call.

...<S> ...
LCA Squadron

Realize Your Potential www.lcasquadron.org

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2019, 01:35:59 PM »
I suppose we could stiffen the downdraft further?

This, as you know, is an easy setting.  If setting the max is too much, perhaps we can just set it to -100 and see what happens.  Quite frankly, IMHO if you go above it, I believe there is a 200ft cushion.  If you go above it, you deserve to lose your plane's performance.

:salute
AKMarine
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)