Author Topic: Game keeps crashing  (Read 2381 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Game keeps crashing
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2019, 11:19:59 AM »
If the dmp. file doesn't have the answer the only other things I can think of to try is Freeplay off, different driver versions, or setting your OC videocard to stock clock speeds.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 04:30:35 PM »
Also while I'm debugging rename your Settings folder I.E Rename the Settings folder in /hitech creations/aces high iii

Offline Addy9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 07:52:13 PM »
After work tonight I will try the card on its other bios setting. If that works then obviously a card issue which will make me cranky. Lol.
Just rename the folder to anything?  Ie “setting2”?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 08:16:18 PM »
That's fine. The game will create a new settings folder. Then you can run the game and see if it still crashes.

Offline Addy9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2019, 12:15:26 PM »
 I think I have the issue solved. First thank you to everyone for the help.

I tried the slower bios on the card, still was having issues. Decided to start fresh and use DDU and clean out the drivers. Reinstalled the newest driver, set everything up stock settings, set up my eyefinity display group, no change. Wiped the drivers again with DDU, and let windows update find a driver this time. Everything was stable. Checked the driver version, and it is an older one from about 6 months ago. searched the net for one from around that time with the adrenalin software. Found 19.2.2 release and installed. Everything was nice and stable. Set up my eyefinity display group and that is when everything goes all wonky ( highly technical term! lol). Disable the display group...back to solid platform. So this is an AMD graphics issue, and makes me not terribly pleased as I chose AMD specifically for the built in multi monitor support.  I knew I should have gone with an nvidia card and a matrox triple head set up!!!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 12:27:08 PM »
You don't need matrox triple head to use nvidia, they have triple monitor support same as AMD.

AMD triple monitors usually work with AH. If it's a driver issue you may see a fix in a new driver or a different old one.

Offline Addy9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2019, 04:32:03 PM »
Well, I thought I had it...no luck

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2019, 06:40:53 PM »
Does the VC have two power connectors?

Have you tried freesync off?

Have you tried one monitor?

Offline Addy9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2019, 09:00:20 PM »
vsync made no difference, yes I have both power connectors on the vc plugged in. Unplugging the other two monitors seems to make a difference.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2019, 09:14:03 PM »
Can you turn freesync off on the monitors or VC when you use all three? I'm guessing freesync might just work with one monitor, not all three at once.

Offline Addy9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »
I will try that next...giving it at good go on a long buff run...no issues so far

Offline Addy9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2019, 01:24:37 AM »
it is definitely the multi monitors.....did a couple of hours tonight with just one plugged in...rock solid, even saw frame rates over 300 ( with the VC on the slow bios)...tomorrow try no freesync...and other monitor settings

Offline Addy9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2019, 07:13:50 PM »
It is definitely multi monitors....I can't seem to find a setting that works to keep it stable. It just doesnt like it, and sends the computer into fits when AH has been opened...it is fine the rest of the time... :mad:  Thanks for all the help

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2019, 07:49:49 PM »
Is there a setting to turn freesync off on the monitor menus or in the video card driver?

Offline Addy9

• Zinc Member
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2019, 08:58:58 PM »
I did that...it helps...seems to keep the game playable....but I still have to reboot after to stop the flickering ...and still does some nasty flickering when I enter an arena....but seems to be playable....just spent the last 1.5 hrs getting my butt handed to me...lol