Author Topic: Please rate the "Anzio" Scenario  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Please rate the "Anzio" Scenario
« on: October 29, 2019, 04:50:53 AM »
Please rate the "Anzio" Scenario.

If you played in it, please rate this scenario by giving it a number in the range of -5 (absolutely hated it), to 0 (could take it or leave it), to +5 (absolutely loved it).

Many thanks.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: Please rate the "Anzio" Scenario
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 07:46:37 AM »
3 neutral. It was alright, but something is amiss when man guns are the greatest concern.

Chuikov

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 08:21:41 AM »
+3 enjoyed it. I dont know fighters well but learned a lot about the 109's. Am now an expert on crash landings

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 08:59:18 AM »
+4 Good overall scenario.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 10:04:40 AM »
+1 it was a positive one. But I don't think it's a good idea to have only one team with a bomber force. It takes away the incentive to fight. Or at least only on the bomber less forces terms.

Dutch
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2019, 11:57:57 AM »
3+
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2019, 12:25:04 PM »
+1.  Not intended to reflect on the hard work that was put in by the CM's or my teammates.

I just didn't enjoy this one so much.  It felt like a 4 week chase simulator running after faster planes that didn't want to be caught with a plane that had no chance to catch them. 

My own fault for picking the wrong plane for my tastes, but at least flying with TC and DaddyAce and the boys made it bearable.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2019, 03:51:00 PM »
I had a slow plane and still enjoyed it...

+4
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2019, 08:31:13 PM »
I had a slow plane and still enjoyed it...

Me too.  But I expected the Spit9 to be outclassed, there's a reason later war planes tended to be faster at the cost of manuverability (at least turn rate).  For me a lot of the fun is flying with folks I often don't fly with as well as the sense of immersion, and I got to fly with a good group of guys and had a really good and dedicated wingman (Cpt Trips)  :salute.

I'll give it a +3

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2019, 09:55:03 PM »
Unfortunately for some reason there were no 202s. So I had to be opposite-floob and do things that I never like doing like, BnZ, attack buffs, not committing, not stall fighting.

Despite that I still found it very fun, I had a blast.

My only complaints are that there were no 202s and I would've liked to have had ten times as many participants, like the old days.

Also an on-the-ground fighter command managing things on command vox like you guys did in that one BoB scenario, the fighter command with the british accent, not the later BoB scen when fighter command didn't even try to sound foreign.

So I give it 2 out of 2.2 thumbs up.

But if Brooke asks I give it 0.03 stars out of 5.

But at the end of the month, scenarios are either fun or they aren't. This one was fun! A lot of fun.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2019, 10:10:01 PM »
Somebody mentioned the spit9 and that got me thinking because that's a high alt plane, reaches it's top speed above the alt cap. Will there ever be a high altitude scenario?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 10:58:14 PM »
Howdy, Floob.  I'm not sure what rating you give Anzio.  On a -5 (hated it) to +5 scale (loved it), is it 0 or 2?

I think the December TFT will have no alt cap.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:59:57 PM by Brooke »

Offline BTPage

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2019, 01:28:09 AM »
I will have to rate it +1, not to take away from the CM planning. I think the allies had some great plans on paper. Problem I had with this event was the mix match in planes. Also I spent a lot of frame 2 & 3 chasing tail. The action came late in frame 3 and it got better in frame 4. But I feel there no incentive to fight. Only thing that matters is staying alive and that easy to do when you have a fast bird. Don't turn don't die... Over all I always have fun with my guys. But my level of frustration was high when 190s blew pass us and there nothing I could do to force them to fight or catch them for that matter. GG axis well played was a close one on points in my opinion you guys won.

Tactus

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 04:25:02 PM »
+3

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2019, 10:02:33 PM »
+5

Attack missions are fun.  :aok