Author Topic: Please rate the "Anzio" Scenario  (Read 1796 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: Please rate the "Anzio" Scenario
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 12:05:44 AM »
I will have to rate it +1, not to take away from the CM planning. I think the allies had some great plans on paper. Problem I had with this event was the mix match in planes. Also I spent a lot of frame 2 & 3 chasing tail. The action came late in frame 3 and it got better in frame 4. But I feel there no incentive to fight. Only thing that matters is staying alive and that easy to do when you have a fast bird. Don't turn don't die... Over all I always have fun with my guys. But my level of frustration was high when 190s blew pass us and there nothing I could do to force them to fight or catch them for that matter. GG axis well played was a close one on points in my opinion you guys won.

Tactus

Sorry you did not have a great time. The Axis were forced to play certain ways by the scoring system and hand we were dealt. Sadly, many of the frames we were low on numbers so we had to choose our battles wisely to be competitive. In Frame 3, we had very good numbers which afforded us to play with fighters often. Frame 3 was very fun for us and everyone saw plenty of action, I think. The rest of the frames were hit and miss because of our situation and the tactics we were forced to used based on that situation. For that, I apologize.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline BTPage

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 08:57:20 AM »
Sorry you did not have a great time. The Axis were forced to play certain ways by the scoring system and hand we were dealt. Sadly, many of the frames we were low on numbers so we had to choose our battles wisely to be competitive. In Frame 3, we had very good numbers which afforded us to play with fighters often. Frame 3 was very fun for us and everyone saw plenty of action, I think. The rest of the frames were hit and miss because of our situation and the tactics we were forced to used based on that situation. For that, I apologize.

No apologies necessary perd, it was the right move on your part. It was not the funnest move but we play to win. You where playing by the rules placed in this event. I biggest concern for these events are how can we keep the action flowing. Flying after aircraft for hours can feel like a waste of time. I know it did for me.

Tactus

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »

Definitely not y'alls fault for flying your planes strengths. Yall recovered well and darn near pulled it off. Well done.  :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »
Definitely not y'alls fault for flying your planes strengths. Yall recovered well and darn near pulled it off. Well done.  :salute

Agreed, you did well perd!    :salute

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2019, 08:40:22 PM »
Not gonna rate it with a number, but it was great fun.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2019, 09:17:40 PM »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2019, 12:46:08 PM »
+3