Author Topic: MIDWAY - the movie  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
MIDWAY - the movie
« on: November 02, 2019, 09:05:04 AM »
"Midway" is scheduled to open November 8th. I'm going!!  :banana:  :x

This may trigger an influx of new players. I hope Hitech can do something; anything to get some new blood into the game given the buzz this movie is generating.

As for the community, keep in mind what YOUR experience was like the first 10 minutes you arrived in-game. PLEASE, let's keep an eye out for new players on the roster, or sitting on the runway. Lend 'em a hand, get 'em up in the air and hopefully to the point where they can communicate by text bar or vox.

An opportunity such as this isn't likely to come around again for a long time; if ever.

:salute :old:

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Re: MIDWAY - the movie
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 09:06:38 AM »
Perhaps an Aces High clip before the movie starts

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2019, 09:48:17 AM »
For those people who are into social media POST!!! hashtag the crap out of Aces High and Midway. Make Aces High pop up everytime someone looks for Midway.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »
It looks hokey but I hope it brings in players.  I saw the original in theaters when I was three years old.   Still one of my all-time favorites.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 10:13:59 AM »
It looks hokey but I hope it brings in players.  I saw the original in theaters when I was three years old.   Still one of my all-time favorites.

Judging by the trailer, the original is still going to be much better. :noid
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 12:36:38 PM »
Judging by the trailer, the original is still going to be much better. :noid

That is my feeling too.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2019, 12:48:14 PM »

Have you hung up your account ACHOO?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2019, 02:56:14 PM »
Have you hung up your account ACHOO?

Check PM.
”KILLER V”

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2019, 05:35:11 PM »
I will be going to see this one myself, not a huge movie guy but come on its about Midway who can say no to that.  As for new players, I really do hope for the best.  I am not sure what needs to change will change but hey, I thought AH had died many years ago then one day BOOM their it was on Steam. I subbed back in 2017 and haven missed a month sense.  A huge reason I stayed was because a few people took the time "a few hours" to show a new guy the ropes.  And to all my peeps out their who are in squads, you have the greatest pull of all.  Show the new guys what team work looks like.

FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2019, 09:41:56 PM »
"Midway" is scheduled to open November 8th. I'm going!!  :banana:  :x

This may trigger an influx of new players. I hope Hitech can do something; anything to get some new blood into the game given the buzz this movie is generating.

As for the community, keep in mind what YOUR experience was like the first 10 minutes you arrived in-game. PLEASE, let's keep an eye out for new players on the roster, or sitting on the runway. Lend 'em a hand, get 'em up in the air and hopefully to the point where they can communicate by text bar or vox.

An opportunity such as this isn't likely to come around again for a long time; if ever.

:salute :old:

This!

For those people who are into social media POST!!! hashtag the crap out of Aces High and Midway. Make Aces High pop up everytime someone looks for Midway.

This

This isssss a great time to market AH. People will be highly intrigued to wanting to fight in WW2 planes. This has potential to be a huge film. It will create a lot of enthusiasm. We are also going into the winter, where more people play video games. Marketing now could be crucial to bringing in new and old players. The market for WW2 is NOT dead.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 01:28:29 AM »
have you said it three times yet Max??   :bolt:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 07:04:35 AM »
Good ole Middy... I miss that knuckelhead

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 07:31:10 AM »
I recently finished reading 'Shattered Sword' the untold story of the Battle of Midway, it went into so much detail that it was almost painful to read, but I learned a LOT about a battle that I had previously thought I knew a lot about.  It details the differences in tactics, strategy, doctrine, carrier design and even military culture that decided the out come of the battle.  I am looking forward to the movie.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 09:16:38 AM by lutrel »
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 08:21:18 AM »
I may be a grouch.  But the only air combat movie concerning the history of the air battle of the Pacific was Tora Tora Tora.  Yep.......I'm a history nut.  I like facts and accuracy.  The last Midway movie with Heston, Fonda, etc. had some facts that were accurate but realize it was a movie made to make money.  A catch-all if you will.  The added stories, love stories etc are not needed in a factual account. The Movie Pearl Harbor was a complete joke!  Ya right.............a P40 outmaneuvering an A6M on the deck over an airfield turned my stomach.  I walked out later when the same two Pilots ended up flying B25s off a carrier in Doolittle's raid.  Pahhhhhhhhlease!  For you younger folks or older I suggest you read "The First Team." A book by John B. Lundstrom about Naval Air Combat from Pearl Harbor to Midway.  You'll get the facts there starting in the beginning up to the battle of midway.

I won't be wasting my time or money on the "new" midway movie.  Unless they provide Barf Bags free.  Hey........I guess I am a grouch!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2019, 08:53:16 AM »
I recently finished reading 'Shattered Sword' the untold story of the Battle of Midway, it went into so much detail that it was almost painful to read, but I learned a LOT about a battle that I had previously thought I knew a lot about.  It details the differences in tactics, strategy, doctrine, carrier design and even military culture decided the out come of the battle.  I am looking forward to the movie.

I recommended this book to some people on here years ago.   It was met with rave reviews.    Having read just about every book on Midway ever written I find SHATTERED SWORD without peer.
”KILLER V”