Author Topic: Korean War Arena and Jets  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Korean War Arena and Jets
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 01:22:44 PM »
You can still use NK as it is today... it has not changed....   :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 03:56:49 PM »
And the F-82 Twin Mustang, La-9, F-94 Starfire, Hawker Sea Fury, F-84, F9F, P-80, A-26, F9F, B-47, C-46 Commando, Dh-100, Douglas A-1, F7F, La-11, Il-10, F-94, F2H Banshee, A-2 Savage, B-45 Tornado, F-89, Tu-2, Yak-18, and the T-33 Shooting Star.

Lots of burbs to fly. :x

I was referring to what we have on hand primarily.   

I don’t think we will see FMs for any of those others.   Il-2 can be a substitute along with a Spit or two and the La-7 maybe...   Tu-2 is available.

B-47 never saw combat in Korea so that’s out along with a number of those on your list in the same boat.  :(
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 04:00:31 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 04:01:01 PM »
You can still use NK as it is today... it has not changed....   :rofl

:rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 07:05:41 PM »
I remember back in the AW training arena one night Silat and I were switching the Korean training arena from RR to FR and back. They couldn't figure out what was happening! Fun times!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 07:41:06 PM »

You've obviously never played Mig Alley! Awesome game! TONNES of community updates and mods. Some still fly it today!

I have owned MiG Alley since before Rowan went under and released the source code. The BDG made a few basic patches to improve stability and add TrackIR, but it never got the improvements they did for Battle of Britain that became Battle of Britain 2. Playing MiG Alley in this day and age is like going back to Jane's games... way too old. SFP1's original Korean War addon far surpassed what I could do with MiG Alley, so I gave it up a long time ago. SF2 still has active modder development with 3d aircraft models and textures that match the best payware in many cases. The SF2 KAW (Korean Air War) mod for SF2 is extensive. You can fly carrier based missions with the F4U-4, F9F, AD2, F2H-2, etc. I personally prefer flying the F2H-2, which is a rare bird in combat flight sims. My problem with SF2 is that the core engine ceased development 10 years ago. The biggest hole in the SF2 engine was the terrain, which looked dated in 2003 (little better than MiG Alley). User mods can only do so much with texturing.

A Korean War sim with a modern graphics engine, realistic physics, VR support, dynamic campaigns and multiplayer is what I want. MiG Alley isn't it, SF2 is a lot closer, DCS World is heading in that direction, but it is amazing that MiG Alley is 20 years old yet remains the only decent, dedicated Korean War themed air combat simulator released since that time.

i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2019, 07:41:15 PM »
I remember back in the AW training arena one night Silat and I were switching the Korean training arena from RR to FR and back. They couldn't figure out what was happening! Fun times!

It was you! Video killed the radio star.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2019, 07:43:38 PM »
A Korean War sim with a modern graphics engine, realistic physics, VR support, dynamic campaigns and multiplayer is what I want. MiG Alley isn't it, SF2 is a lot closer, DCS World is heading in that direction, but it is amazing that MiG Alley is 20 years old yet remains the only decent, dedicated Korean War themed air combat simulator released since that time.

There goes Holden headed toward Toko Ri.