Author Topic: The future of Aces High is on Facebook  (Read 12394 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: The future of Aces High is on Facebook
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2019, 03:58:48 PM »
"Everyone uses something, no one uses everything"
I kept that in mind as I started to expand the social media market for my company.
I also had to keep in mind I have more important things to do than stay on social media all day or pay someone to do it.
So I structured my systems to auto-populate each other.  If I send an email out for an event through constant contact, for example, it updates my twitter, facebook, linked-in and instagram feeds at the same time.  This in turn updates the facebook feed on the website, which causes the site to refresh, increasing it's activity, and on and on. 
Creating facebook events is easy, and free.  You also push out to your page subscribers who like and share, and this pushed their activity to their friends who then see the event.  Special events, scenarios, FSO, has active members who are participating and can be asked to discuss the event on the respective page, which again gets their friends to see what they are doing, and encourages them to fly with them.  Imagine each person in FSO getting 1 friend to fly with them.  That friend get's another.
It's not always about spending money on ads.  I refuse to buy ads on google, facebook or anything but the recognition is there.  I was just talking to my staff about this not an hour ago as we got another new member who joined us out from the bay area and we came up in the search for our type of business higher ranked than the 4 companies like mine in between Richmond and Sacramento.
It is a bit of work to set it all up, I had to completely rebuild and redesign my website and put in all the interconnected plugins, and it's not as effective as it could be if I really dedicated my effort into it, but for an auto-pilot effort it really gets attention.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2019, 04:49:13 PM »
Target audience.   

The thread about the setup at an air museum is a great example.   

The CAF, Lone Star Flight Museum, Frontiers of Flight, etc. all have space for some simulator stations.    Give them six months at a reduced price if they use a coupon code from their admission ticket to the museum or something...

Of course, the new player interface has to be ready first or it will be a waste of effort.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2019, 05:28:50 PM »
The way I see it, TV and YouTube commercials/sponsors are the way to do it. Hire some popular YouTubers to sponsor your game. They can do a quick 30 sec commercial about the game. If you can get a commercial on any MSM TV channel, it would probably generate tons of new users to try the game. Most of the feed back on the boards I've heard is from people who found this game from the TV commercial.

That being said, these days, when a player wants to downloads the game, it should ask them if they are using a mouse or a Joystick/Peds/throttle. Then after they click one, The system should have a tutorial on how to set up them up so they can fly right away after setting it up. I believe the majority of people's issues is setting up their equipment so that they can fly comfortably.

Also, the field of view setting needs to be an easy button so they can adjust it to their preference right away. Starting 3 inches from the aimer really isn't the best for new players. They should be able to easily adjust it to there preference right off the bat. I think that would help tremendously. Setting up the equipment is probably the biggest hassle that new players face.

Also, I think the subscription model after that scares a lot of people away. It just makes it sound expensive, even tho it really isn't.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2019, 07:03:37 PM »
The future of AH with Facebook is a starting point along with YouTube and other social media.  The real future is Face to Face with demonstrational set-ups and instructional information through verbal and hands on training to get the new player interested.  Air shows, museums, mall and everywhere large crowds or foot traffic will be.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2019, 07:58:03 PM »
Maybe it’s time to get the Russians involved. :)
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 08:25:23 PM »
Um  :headscratch:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 08:41:41 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

umm  :headscratch:

No new posts in almost a year. That is the point, social media works on activity. The more action, the more it is noticed, which of course creates more activity.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2019, 08:46:55 PM »

The last update was February.

I suspect people were suggesting a high intensity of engagement.

The joining, and creations of, and activity in interest groups, etc, etc.

I don't see how Hitech has time for all that, but maybe he needs to empower a Social Media Team of community volunteers. 

You have a Scenario Team, a Training Corps, maybe you need a Social Media Team to plan out strategies and get Hitechs blessing and then go forth. Individual players can do a certain amount, but maybe a team can take on certain more formal task such as posting to the official HTC Youtube regularly.  Posting on the HTC twitter and Instagram regularly with content such as upcoming Scenarios. Maybe giving limited permissions to member for updating a section of the main page with regular content.

Etc, Etc.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2019, 09:20:15 PM »
The last update was February.

I suspect people were suggesting a high intensity of engagement.

The joining, and creations of, and activity in interest groups, etc, etc.

I don't see how Hitech has time for all that, but maybe he needs to empower a Social Media Team of community volunteers. 

You have a Scenario Team, a Training Corps, maybe you need a Social Media Team to plan out strategies and get Hitechs blessing and then go forth. Individual players can do a certain amount, but maybe a team can take on certain more formal task such as posting to the official HTC Youtube regularly.  Posting on the HTC twitter and Instagram regularly with content such as upcoming Scenarios. Maybe giving limited permissions to member for updating a section of the main page with regular content.

Etc, Etc.

HTC had "social media" girl for a bit. She posted a few times and then she was gone. Why, never heard. Was it HTC not willing to give up info to post? Was it because the girl didnt bother to post? Who knows. The point is that it never took off. I always thought..... and still do that social media is the way to go at pushing the game for minimal outlay in the money department.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2019, 09:50:54 PM »
Tried it with about $15k in adds, was a dismal failure.

HiTech

Internet advertising is more expensive than many people know.  We spend $10k per month (not once, not twice, but 12x each year) for just one aspect of our firm, and could easily triple that to get better coverage.

Very easy to say “advertise,” but not so easy to do with a small company budget.

- oldman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2019, 10:33:33 PM »

Internet advertising is more expensive than many people know.  We spend $10k per month (not once, not twice, but 12x each year) for just one aspect of our firm, and could easily triple that to get better coverage.

Very easy to say “advertise,” but not so easy to do with a small company budget.

- oldman

In all fairness, I believe about 98% of the American population has never even heard of Aces High. No one ive ever talked to has ever heard of it. Which may be a good thing in some instances. As many have noticed, there are 0 cool post on the social media sites, or the website, and probably even steam. I've given tons of examples in other post on how to Improve them.

We need some one who is actually interested in WW2 and AH events to operate them. There is so much more that could be done to make this game look a lot cooler on the outside for not very much. I really don't get it. There is very little enthusiasm from my perspective...
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 10:41:38 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2019, 08:58:50 AM »
In all fairness, I believe about 98% of the American population has never even heard of Aces High. No one ive ever talked to has ever heard of it. Which may be a good thing in some instances. As many have noticed, there are 0 cool post on the social media sites, or the website, and probably even steam. I've given tons of examples in other post on how to Improve them.

We need some one who is actually interested in WW2 and AH events to operate them. There is so much more that could be done to make this game look a lot cooler on the outside for not very much. I really don't get it. There is very little enthusiasm from my perspective...

98%?? That would be 3 million people.

I'm guessing the number is more like 99.99%

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2019, 09:14:09 AM »
98%?? That would be 3 million people.

I'm guessing the number is more like 99.99%
Not sure if the number matters, regardless it is very small.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2019, 09:45:29 AM »
Hitech would be wise to appoint us as admins as ambassadors of his product so we can post updates and alike regularly on the facebook AND Instagram site.

I'll stick my hand up.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2019, 09:48:11 AM »
oops
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.