Author Topic: The future of Aces High is on Facebook  (Read 12558 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: The future of Aces High is on Facebook
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2019, 10:07:31 AM »
Hitech would be wise to appoint us as admins as ambassadors of his product so we can post updates and alike regularly on the facebook AND Instagram site.

I'll stick my hand up.

I dont want to see your duckface selfies!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2019, 10:39:15 AM »
I have a facebook name but do not use facebook at all. Only reason for name is to post on so called news sites.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2019, 12:13:13 PM »
I dont want to see your duckface selfies!
Hey, that was the one and only time I did that with mr. quacker. One time!!!
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2019, 12:59:23 PM »

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2019, 02:56:52 PM »
I refuse to allow MyFace to make money off of me.   Dumped it years ago.

:aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2019, 04:07:21 PM »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2019, 04:48:50 PM »
Shuffler has hair????

haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2019, 04:54:58 PM »
The wonderful world of social media is world full of forks in the toad and plenty of toll booths.

I have teenage boys and a 4 yr old and they seem to watch people play video games when they are not not allowed to play them and all chores are done, yes the 4 yr old has chores (cleaning his bedroom and picking his toys up from around the house).

It takes more than a company advertising a game to make it visible to the masses. It takes a combined effort from the company and the player base. I would say it's more on the player base as they are the ones interacting with the masses every time they stream or upload a video.

The key is to make your stream interesting and engaging to those that view it. It would also help if the company hosted streaming events and talked up new features and showing tips and tricks while doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2019, 07:47:28 AM »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2019, 08:46:02 AM »
I started this page a few years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/FlightCityRadio/

While flying , during climb outs or sitting in the tower ..... again  :) Id post little notes of what was going on in the game. Not giving any "info" away or anything but kind of a running commentary of what was going on "in the war". My hope was first that people would like it. It would solve one of those wishes we see now and then about ingame info being available with out having to log in. And second that a few others would join in and post during those times I wasnt. I did get a couple post from others but there just didnt seem to be much interest for others to post. Maybe they didnt have the equipment to facebook at the same time as they played ( used an old laptop I had). I dont know.

It was only up a few months but it was getting likes. I was starting to let players IN GAME know that I posted their comments, jokes, burns, and so on, but I wasnt playing often enough to keep it going by myself. I still think it would be a great way for players to keep in touch with the game through facebook. Players leaving school/work headed home could post asking if a friend was playing and who ever was running the game at the time could post if he was on the roster, or what map was up. Generate traffic

Offline Dragdad

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »
Ouch baby, very ouch.

Tried it with about $15k in adds, was a dismal failure.

HiTech
I was abandoned as a child and raised by feral weener dogs. To this day, I can't bring myself to eat a ballpark frank.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2019, 03:18:42 PM »
Is the target demographic still rugged individualists who weave their own depends from cave bear hair babyboomers who have yet to hear about AH3 selling them our geezer daycare center called the MA. Or is it teens through 30 somethings who need to be engaged with their own level of expectation and imagery? POTW has been playing other games lately and looking into others. Hitech's AH3 game engine will support the imagery and eyecandy expected by the younger demographics but, the "Hook", is a little long in the tooth to keep them.

AH is a benchmark for throwing a kid off a cliff and teaching him to swim in shark infested waters fighting them off with a tooth pick while dressed in a self woven thong. Heck many over the years bragged about doing the process commando. That was all of us when we were first young playing PC games, AW\WB then the golden years of AH. Hitech didn't need to do a thing for us and we didn't want him to. We wanted to solve all the problems ourselves becasue that was our generation.

Who do you want to target?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2019, 04:19:05 PM »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2019, 04:37:39 PM »
He's way too young.

I imagine HT'd like an average of at least a decade per new player before they have a heart attack in the MA.