Author Topic: The future of Aces High is on Facebook  (Read 12389 times)

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
Re: The future of Aces High is on Facebook
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2019, 05:18:51 PM »
need a more social medi buzz any way possible. instagram and facebook can revive up alot of numbers. facebook to draw older players and draw some old players back and instagram for the general spreading of word
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2019, 01:40:11 AM »
Facebook is for fat girls and soy boys.

If your on facebook your light on your feet
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline flyrc2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »
We started using social media for our local.  Just a way to get PR rolling.  Someone already said it, the more you use it, the more it gets used.  Didn't take us long to get some posts over 10K views.

It's definitely a snowball affect.  We mainly post to instagram because from there you can automatically hit all 3.  Maybe some squad or country pages to garner some interest?  The more players you can get involved through social media, the more it will spread.  I've been out of this game for quite a while.  When I quit playing 15ish years ago, the main arenas were huge.  In the last couple of months since I've been back, the most I've seen online at one time is a little over 100.

Fire5

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2019, 12:56:09 PM »
Facebook is for fat girls and soy boys.

If your on facebook your light on your feet

Not everyone is part of your private groups  :rofl
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2019, 09:45:34 PM »
I'm abit of a Facebool aficionado. With my company we spend about $50k a year in ads.

Facebook is about 35 years an older, though if you blast an ad on Facebook it will automatically get blasted to Instagram. The great thing about that, youth use Instagram, our age use Facebook. I remember a few years ago someone did a survey and the average age of our cartoon crew was in the mid-40s. I bet Facebook is a great tool for us.

HiTech, I'm happy to small talk anything and everything I know about advertising on Facebook. Just let me know.

For $1,000 we can get in front of 120,000 users. Great exposure.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2019, 12:24:34 AM »
He said he already wasted money on facebook.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2019, 12:37:41 AM »
From my point of view regarding Facebook and Aces High...

I could never understand why people/players went and made an unofficial Aces High 3 group (which I think is public for the most part, please correct me if I'm wrong) which actually should have never been done...

It gets all the attention, to where everything on that Facebook group/page should have been using HiTech's official Aces High Facebook from the get go...

YMMV

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2019, 04:00:41 PM »
From my point of view regarding Facebook and Aces High...

I could never understand why people/players went and made an unofficial Aces High 3 group (which I think is public for the most part, please correct me if I'm wrong) which actually should have never been done...

It gets all the attention, to where everything on that Facebook group/page should have been using HiTech's official Aces High Facebook from the get go...

YMMV

TC

The unofficial FB page is where all the PNGers go to squeak about this forum and the game. Yaknow, the players/former players that couldn't even behave within the AHBB norms (and that actually kinda says a lot). Most of them probably don't know Skuzzy retired (not that that would earn them grace).

I'd love to see more activity on the official AHFB but, being realistic, Hitech and co. works a slow and steady process with a skeleton crew so we'll never see 'new plane/vehicle/ship of the month' (or year) and that's really what people would go to it to see. Of course, if the event crew went there more often to post about the various events, including post-op debriefings (equivalent activity to this forum) then it might inspire more activity from not only active players but curious FB browsers.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2019, 04:12:47 PM »
HTC actually hired a social media coordinator about 8 +/- years ago. Her name was HOP. Upon seeing her for the first time I was smitten. Please, Please, please............
bring back HOP  :aok

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2019, 04:19:45 PM »
HTC actually hired a social media coordinator about 8 +/- years ago. Her name was HOP. Upon seeing her for the first time I was smitten. Please, Please, please............
bring back HOP  :aok

Easter maybe?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2019, 04:56:25 PM »
For $1,000 we can get in front of 120,000 users. Great exposure.

The main problem isn't reaching people.
It's making them subscribe, so that the cost is being recovered.

When AH launched on steam, there were tens of thousands of downloads. Many of them because it was recommened to them because of them playing 'similar' games.
Almost nobody subscribed.
Even the best advertising doesn't help much  if the product doesn't appeal to the customer. AH, at least in it's current form, is not the game the world just has been waiting for and does not know it already exists.

(Now waiting for the "steamers are just gamers, we don't want that ilk", "damn millenials/youth of today/instant gratification crowd" comments  :devil)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2019, 05:29:32 PM »
  Just curious, Does anyone know did WOP get much traction as it seems to be more of the quick combat for those with short attention spans?  :headscratch:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2019, 05:34:13 PM »
  Just curious, Does anyone know did WOP get much traction as it seems to be more of the quick combat for those with short attention spans?  :headscratch:

WoWP is a different game all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2019, 05:42:24 PM »
The main problem isn't reaching people.
It's making them subscribe, so that the cost is being recovered.

When AH launched on steam, there were tens of thousands of downloads. Many of them because it was recommened to them because of them playing 'similar' games.
Almost nobody subscribed.
Even the best advertising doesn't help much  if the product doesn't appeal to the customer. AH, at least in it's current form, is not the game the world just has been waiting for and does not know it already exists.

(Now waiting for the "steamers are just gamers, we don't want that ilk", "damn millenials/youth of today/instant gratification crowd" comments  :devil)

You are largely correct.

I'd like to expand on what you said, but it's not worth the grief, no one would listen, and it wouldn't make any difference.   :D

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2019, 07:21:00 PM »

WoWP is a different game all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI:  WOP = World of Planes was the original name of the re-branding "War Thunder" and while it was still called WOP, it was in direct competition with WOWP....they renamed WOP to War Thunder, a short time after the open to the public beta then going live...iirc...... I was there and selected as 1 of the 1st 10 closed alpha testers not including the WOP staff (game builders).....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC