Author Topic: Frame rates issues again  (Read 2145 times)

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Frame rates issues again
« on: November 08, 2019, 08:38:21 PM »
Been getting really low frame rates making me unable to fly. I checked for any possible new windows 10 update and everything is up to date. Any help on what is causing this will be appreciated. I tried even doing a clean install of my OS and even re downloaded the entire game and I am still getting low frame rates. When I first log into the melee I am getting solid 60fps as what it should be but after a minute or so after it drops down to 7-8 fps...…..Any help??? All my drivers and everything is up to date....
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Frame rates issues again
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 09:34:17 PM »
Could it be heat? Clean your fans and filters lately?

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 01:13:44 AM »
Yeah I was thinking that too, FLS. Especially since he's saying it's fine and then slows down. Like a heat safety would throttle down. It might not crop up when surfing but definitely would when gaming. Check the fans and check the dust bunnies. Find some sort of monitoring program that'll tell you what's going on. I use Aida64 but that might be overkill for what you need. MSI Afterburner has hardware monitoring that'll work for ya and it's free. Could be heat. Could be load. Seeing those things on a graph will make it easier to track down. Of course that's the simple stuff.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 09:54:50 AM »
Yes, sounds like heat. It can be the CPU, the GPU, the PSU or the case. Many modern cases have the PSU air intake with a dust filter facing down towards the floor and the feet of the case usually aren't too tall. Hand on heart, how many of you ever check the dust filter under your case? And how many have a thick carpet under the computer? Checking the inside dust is easy especially in a windowed case but the bottom rarely gets any attention.

Another place to check for dust is the front of the case. Again, depending on the model, there may be a detachable dust filter behind the front panel. Some cases may require removing the front panel for de-dusting.

Yet another thing to check is the seating of fans and cooler blocks. Especially the Intel type plastic prongs can be tricky to fasten properly and when enough time passes they can get just a tad loose at one corner. Obviously that will drastically weaken the contact between the cooler and the CPU, causing heat related issues. Mine worked fine for several years until at one meeting my computer wouldn't start. I've also seen the heat paste having drained halfway off the top of the CPU!

Apart from Windows Update, the Store requires updating the apps every once in a while. That won't explain such a drop in FPS, though.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 12:29:51 PM »
It could also be the standby list bug.

https://windowsreport.com/standby-memory/

Wagnardsoft (the DDU people) also have a program that clears this, but the site above tells you how to deal with it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 12:43:59 PM »
Thanks, Chalenge, I'll try to remember this in case someone has a slow computer issue.

That said, as they say in the end: "While RAM MAP and EmptyStandbyList are effective tools, it is advisable to search for the real source of the problem to update that particular software. "
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 06:53:55 PM »
Yeah, therefore the . . .
. . . the site above tells you how to deal with it.

. . . part.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
I have to buy that program...…..I have a strong feeling its due to this new windows 10 update.

6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 12:45:54 PM »
might be my GPU...see yall whenever I get this fixed

6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 02:53:40 PM »
I have to buy that program...…..I have a strong feeling its due to this new windows 10 update.

It's unlikely an update would cause that problem you describe. It sounds more like it gets hot and shuts down.

Did you check the video card fan and PC fans and filters for dust?

You can download Afterburner, it's a free app for your VC and it will tell you the temp and let you set fan speeds.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 08:39:14 PM »
Afterburner is free and has a good monitoring section. You can select what you want, set min/max, how often it checks and watch all that on a graph. The monitoring runs with the program. Let it run in the background, start AH and try a hop until the FR starts to tank. Close out of AH and give the graphs a look. Be easy to see that way if it's something like CPU or GPU load or heat over time. Would give you a direction to start looking anyway. Seem to recall that's a relatively new machine? Gotta be something silly. Something like a CPU heatsink coming loose or fan unplugged would do exactly what's happening to you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 01:13:48 PM »
Thanks Drano I will try the afterburner program and see what the prob is...if not I will open the comp and see if the fans are working......you might be right about the fans not working.

6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2019, 02:28:18 PM »
Got it fixed.  :banana: :banana:

6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2019, 02:29:44 PM »
What was it?

Kotisivuni

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2019, 03:38:20 PM »
My GPU fan was not working...I had to tighten up some plugs and rotate the fan manually and got it cranked up.  :lol

6./JG 27- 109G-2