Author Topic: staged mission editor  (Read 809 times)

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
staged mission editor
« on: November 16, 2019, 08:35:06 AM »
Reinstalled the game.  When I start the staged mission editor it says fmodstudio.dll not found.  Also some of the missions I wrote now require a password.  I did not do that and don't know what it is.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
Re: staged mission editor
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 10:01:28 AM »
  Tried one of the missions I created and it asked me for a password also. That was a first. That mission always worked flawlessly in the past and I never set a password for any of the missions I created.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 10:37:14 AM »
  Tried one of the missions I created and it asked me for a password also. That was a first. That mission always worked flawlessly in the past and I never set a password for any of the missions I created.

Currently there is a known bug on local only missions mistakenly asking for pwd.  He's working on it. Were you trying to run it offline? 

For now, missions are best run by uploading to the server and running it in a Custom Arena.  Hopefully the next patch will clear most of the issue up.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 11:02:25 AM »
Yes...offline.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 11:17:24 AM »
Yes...offline.

Offline has a lot of problems right now that are being worked on.  You'll see a lot of weird behavior and bugs and waste time thinking you made your mission wrong.

Until the next release, my advice is to upload the mission to the server (There is a AHUpload.exe in your distro).  Then run the mission in a Custom Arena.  (If you've never done that, this might help: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,397942.0.html)

Missions run in a Custom Arena are stable.

Let me know if you need help.

:salute,
CptTrips
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 12:10:38 PM »
Thanks CptTrips. I'll give it a try.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 01:08:00 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I was able to upload and run one of mine in custom arena.  Any ideas about the missing fmod file that keeps me from running the editor?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 01:26:35 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I was able to upload and run one of mine in custom arena.  Any ideas about the missing fmod file that keeps me from running the editor?

Sorry, no, I haven't been getting that error.

Did you reinstall clean or patch an existing versions?

If the latter maybe rename your current dir (in case you need to recover settings files), and try a clean install?

Hmmm actually first, I'd try  renaming your  "Settings/AHEDMISS.cfg" and restarting and letting it create a new one.  Sometimes that fixes weird problems for me.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 08:59:18 AM »
Hello.  Mustangs IA1v1BF109vSpit8  now needs a password and will not download.   :(

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 09:33:10 AM »
Must be the same bug.  I know I did not put a password on it.  My problem with the misseditor was because I moved the .exe to the desk top.  If I use it in the AH folder it tries to work, but still does not open.  Think it is looking for a file that does not exist anymore.  I remember that problem from long ago, but not sure what I did about it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 09:48:32 AM »
Hello.  Mustangs IA1v1BF109vSpit8  now needs a password and will not download.   :(

Did you try it off line or on line in a custom arena?

I think the bug pops up when you try off line.

Must be the same bug.  I know I did not put a password on it.  My problem with the misseditor was because I moved the .exe to the desk top.  If I use it in the AH folder it tries to work, but still does not open.  Think it is looking for a file that does not exist anymore.  I remember that problem from long ago, but not sure what I did about it.

You cant just "move" the exe file, you have to reinstall the game. dll file are windows files so when the game is installed I think it looks at the location of the exe file as compared to the windows file that holds the dll files. Moving the exe changes that path and so breaks it.

You can move the "shortcut" around because it is still "pointing" at the exe file. Just spit ballin here.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 10:13:09 AM »

Did you try:  renaming your  "Settings/AHEDMISS.cfg" and restarting and letting it create a new one?

If you last config gets in a weird state you can never open.  Often I have unstuck myself by starting with a fresh config.