Author Topic: Offline Missions  (Read 2872 times)

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
Offline Missions
« on: November 19, 2019, 09:56:52 AM »
I think adding the offline missions to the 'Opening Menu' was a good idea. When I first started I always wanted to practice 1 0n 1 dogfight with decent AI and some where I could be the gunner on a bomber.  Getting some easy fast action missions would help to draw in new players. Is there one where u are the gunner on a bomber with planes attacking that would be great for new VR players? or same with Tanks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Offline Missions
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 09:04:58 AM »
Is there one where u are the gunner on a bomber with planes attacking that would be great for new VR players? or same with Tanks

Can't do tanks.  I wish Hitech would add tanks (and ships) to the AI, but currently you can't.

When the bugs get wrang out of the offline system (hopefully next release), I plan on doing some new missions.  I'll add some bomber/intercept missions when I do.

:salute,
CptTrips
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 10:07:55 PM »
Thanks that would be great. I really like now when practicing offline u can start in the air without having to takeoff. I just found that not sure how long its been available.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 10:15:02 PM »
Thanks that would be great. I really like now when practicing offline u can start in the air without having to takeoff. I just found that not sure how long its been available.

The Offline Missions stuff still has a lot of broken, but hopefully the next patch will get that ball rolling!

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 12:22:11 PM »
A week or so ago u could go to offline practice and select NW at the tower and it would put u in the air. I thought that was a great idea for new players because they would get more practice time shooting planes and not get bored having to keep taking off. I know that I never liked having to take off each time. Am I missing something or is it that option gone again?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2019, 12:58:15 PM »
A week or so ago u could go to offline practice and select NW at the tower and it would put u in the air. I thought that was a great idea for new players because they would get more practice time shooting planes and not get bored having to keep taking off. I know that I never liked having to take off each time. Am I missing something or is it that option gone again?

I'm not sure I completely understand what you are asking.  What map are you referring to?

Have you tried the 40 4x4 dogfight missions I've added?  They will air spawn you on a cold merge and get you into a fight pretty quick.

(There are still a few minor glitches, but they are mostly working.  Stick to Allied for now.)

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2019, 02:13:25 PM »
Its the Offline Practice now u have the Training map. The drones are just flying around in a circle. Can you up in the air instead of having to take off like when u select NW? I just tried the 4x4 seems to be working pretty well. Can you make one with the P47M? I think the 4x4 Dogfight missions will help to get new players good work! Should perk their interest looks great in VR

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2019, 02:24:00 PM »
Can you make one with the P47M?

Yes.  What do you want it to fight against?

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2019, 02:38:06 PM »
P47M fighting against FW190 D9 would be great.  Thanks

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »

On it.  I'm adding some more this afternoon. Check back this evening.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2019, 02:59:53 PM »
I have no real idea where to look for offline missions, but does anybody have one that is just a formation of bombers (b17s or lancs) flying straight at full throttle?  I would like such a thing but have not had quite enough motivation to learn the mission editor.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 03:05:53 PM »
I have no real idea where to look for offline missions, but does anybody have one that is just a formation of bombers (b17s or lancs) flying straight at full throttle?  I would like such a thing but have not had quite enough motivation to learn the mission editor.

Wiley.

On the main menu on startup now, Hitech added a button "Offline Missions".  It lists available missions and you just pick one and click "OK" and it auto-loads the mission and terrain and starts it. 

Can't be simpler now.

I think there are already a some older bomber missions now, if not I'll add one.

What do you want for the interceptor?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2019, 03:07:29 PM »
But make sure you go online first to pull the latest client.  Hitech made some additional fixes today.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2019, 03:08:15 PM »
On the main menu on startup now, Hitech added a button "Offline Missions".  It lists available missions and you just pick one and click "OK" and it auto-loads the mission and terrain and starts it. 

Can't be simpler now.

I think there are already a some older bomber missions now, if not I'll add one.

What do you want for the interceptor?

Sweet!  Thanks.  Ta-152 would be great.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2019, 05:34:12 PM »

Look for:

4x4 Dogfight P-47M vs FW 109D-9

I haven't tested it yet, so let me know if you have a problem.