Author Topic: Voice attack question  (Read 459 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Voice attack question
« on: April 02, 2020, 06:02:06 PM »
I purchased Voice Attack as part of my attempt to avoid the underlid-peaking that occurs when flying or other gaming.  I now understand it simply uses Windows 10 voice recognition engine as part of it's programming.

What I don't understand, is how can I map it so that when I just want it to listen to me, I can assign that to a joystick button - otherwise, everything I say is a command and I don't want that to happen, especially when flying with buds or playing with my two sons who sit next to and behind me.

Thoughts?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Voice attack question
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 09:29:13 PM »
You just need to assign the Listen command to a button press.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 09:52:21 PM »
To start and stop listening, I have mine mapped to the mouse "back" button. Easy to get at with the headset on without hunting around. VA is the best ten bucks I've spent on an app. A must have for VR IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 02:48:36 AM »
Once you have VA running...start with going to the TOOL(wrench symbol)..then under "General" you will see Joy Stick Options. There you can choose which controller you want for mapping the Toggle/VA actions to. Then go to HotKeys and set the Button you want to use. I use the "Listen while button pressed" option. Also...MAKE SURE you run Windows Speech Trainer, it will help immensely with recognition. It can stop things such as Exhaling or Sniffing being confused with "SIX" command...For MY set salvo 6 :furious I  figured it out though :aok Oh...and "Oh crap" works good for Elevator trim and Dive Brake deployment if compression sets in...well if you dont have a convenient hat switch set up for trim :rofl :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain