Author Topic: Setting Up VR  (Read 3053 times)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Setting Up VR
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2019, 07:19:48 PM »
Bluetooth would be something you should do in Windows not steam. What kind of bluetooth adapter are you using?

See, that's the exact opposite all of the troubleshooting docs suggested: They said it's supposed to be installed through SteamVR. I'm using the Bluetooth adapter built into my system board. Windows sees it, but won't actually connect to it. It will prompt for a PIN or passcode, but I've looked on the unit, the box, and all of the paperwork, and damned if there's any mention of the passcode anywhere.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2019, 07:29:02 PM »
Try four zeros. That's a general universal one. Chances are it'll work.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »
Try four zeros. That's a general universal one. Chances are it'll work.

No joy. I've also tried the model number, "public," and a few other generics.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2019, 10:45:30 AM »
I'm using a Rift S. When I launch the game from within the oculus software with the headset on I don't even get the prompt....in the headset. It just sits there just like you're describing. The prompt is on my monitor! I have to click yes with my mouse first and THEN AH will show up in the headset. I know it sounds silly but have you tried that?

When launching the game from the desktop you'll still have to click that dialog box before it'll go to the headset.

Are you running the version downloaded from Oculus when launching from the store?
In your task list please check which Aces High EXE is running aceshighocr.exe or aceshigh11.exe. Because when I test I do not get a prompt when launching from the store.

Thanks
dale

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2019, 10:52:42 AM »
Are you running the version downloaded from Oculus when launching from the store?
In your task list please check which Aces High EXE is running aceshighocr.exe or aceshigh11.exe. Because when I test I do not get a prompt when launching from the store.

Thanks
dale
I'll check when I get home. I get that prompt either way. Maybe I could just change the shortcut to the ocr one and be done with it? Didn't notice there was another.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SAAMIAM

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2019, 08:23:37 AM »
For quick, easy and smooth launch of Aces High in VR

1.) make sure in steam options you uncheck "steam vr" as default app.

Open Steam
Open vr software (oculus, htc, pimax) and minamize
Back to steam and click play Aces high
An option will pop up asking "Play aces high in steam vr"  or "play Aces High in Oculus vr"
 OR whateVer your vr software is

Click "play aces high in Oculus vr" or HTC,

Basically you are opening your native vr software and steam then launching aces high from steam and utilising the vr from your native..

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 08:30:48 AM »
So, it turns out that my current headset (Pimax 4k) doesn't support tracking, so I'll be stuck without 6DOF and having to constantly recenter until I can upgrade once I get my new video card in December (probably to a 5K+ I'd LOVE the 8K or 8K X, but the reviews indicate the 5K+ actually has the superior picture).

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2019, 12:36:34 PM »
Didn't I read here in the forum that someone was using track ir for tracking with the Pimax?

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2019, 10:45:21 AM »

Thanks
dale

Sorry took so long but holiday stuff yaknow!

Anyway, I just tried launching AH from the ocr exe and I got an error:

"AH3 could not validate Oculus entitlement. Please make sure you are signed into Oculus." (I am) I click OK and it closes out to the desktop.

I tried opening from within Oculus and got the same error. I thought, maybe I have to actually have the headset on? Tried that. It sticks at "Loading" in the headset. I look at my desktop and the error above is there. Same deal. Now I recall it always sticking there but it was always because it was waiting for me to verify that I wanted to use VR or not. Peek under the headset, click yes and it starts in VR was the drill.

Edit: Yes, it shows the aceshighocr.exe as running in the task manager when I get the error.

Going back to launch with the DX11exe as I've been, I get the dialog to run in vr or not. What I've been seeing normally. I click yes and the game starts in VR. I close out and open again clicking no and it starts in windows. So that part is working as it has been. The only thing I'm seeing different is this error in the ocr exe ,which for all I know has cropped up in an update either with the last patch of AH or one of several Oculus updates. I wouldn't know as I always open AH from the desktop and just click yes to VR at the prompt. Pop the headset on and I'm off. I just tried it this way as you asked. Otherwise I'm not having any problems running AH.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 12:34:30 PM by Drano »
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2019, 11:50:04 AM »
As I recall, you're running on the same or similar hardware to mine, a Sandybridge i7 2600k on an ASUS MB?
Anyway, this probably won't be helpful, but it's been a month since I ran anything in the Rift, according to the listings in my library. Oculus complained about a hardware issue and needing to do an update but I refused to allow the update, and after some effort in a handful of attempts managed to get DX11 AH working well enough to enter the MA.

Next I allowed the Oculus update to take place and again entered the MA under DX11 AH.

I've mentioned DX11 because something in your post suggested at one point you might have been thrown into using DX9 AH?

btw, the HTC officer is closed until, Monday? Hope you get AH working without waiting until Hitech gets back.

Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2019, 12:12:33 PM »
As I recall, you're running on the same or similar hardware to mine, a Sandybridge i7 2600k on an ASUS MB?
Anyway, this probably won't be helpful, but it's been a month since I ran anything in the Rift, according to the listings in my library. Oculus complained about a hardware issue and needing to do an update but I refused to allow the update, and after some effort in a handful of attempts managed to get DX11 AH working well enough to enter the MA.

Next I allowed the Oculus update to take place and again entered the MA under DX11 AH.

I've mentioned DX11 because something in your post suggested at one point you might have been thrown into using DX9 AH?

btw, the HTC officer is closed until, Monday? Hope you get AH working without waiting until Hitech gets back.

Oh I'm not having any problems getting AH to run in VR and haven't all along. Hell I didn't even know there was another exe for it til HT mentioned it further up the thread! I'm running it just fine thru the DX11 exe although something has changed as I mentioned this error from within Oculus or the headset never happened before. And the only reason I'm seeing it at all is that HT asked me to run it that way--which I haven't in quite a while. There has been one patch to AH and several from Oculus over that time. Maybe he's looking for something? It's less than a minor annoyance to me. I just thought that was the way it worked--since it works hehe!

Saxman was having an issue running his Pimax headset and I suggested trying to run his as I do to see if it'd work. His is not of the Oculus tribe but it was worth a shot. Turns out he needed SteamVR to get his rig rolling.

But yeah I'm still running that Asus rig from 2011/12 ish with a better GPU(1060/6gb) than when I started out (R6950) and will update that again soon. It's working OK in VR. It took some tweaking to get recording and streaming as I'd like. That's still a WIP.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2019, 01:30:09 PM »
Sounds good. As I said, other then Oculus nagging, and threatening hardware problems to force an update, I'm not seeing any issues.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2019, 11:11:52 PM »
So is there a way to actually adjust seat position in VR if there's no 6dof? I'm planning to upgrade to a Pimax 5k Plus (which supports the Vive Base Stations) after Christmas, but I need to work with what I've got until then. Unfortunately, the left/right/up/down keys aren't working, (the position tries to adjust, but immediately snaps back again) so while I have my hat toggle set to rear view, I just end up with a bulkhead in the way and I can't adjust left/right to get around it.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2019, 03:22:57 AM »
Take the headset off and try the arrow keys.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2019, 09:26:11 AM »
Take the headset off and try the arrow keys.

No good. As long as head tracking is turned on (including under TrackIR) I can't change my head position. Only way I can get the head position to move is if I launch the game with no VR/TrackIR at all.