Author Topic: Pretty fed up.  (Read 20054 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Pretty fed up.
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2019, 07:25:30 AM »
 :old:
Do any of y'all realize how childish all this is? The best thing about Hightech letting these threads go on for so long is it shows everyone who the game's ultra melons are.  :rolleyes:

Ultra melons is AcesHigh's word not mine.  Ultra melon heads is more like it.

This is what I wear when I play.    True story.   :old:

#Immersive

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/funny-man-with-watermelon-helmet-and-goggles-picture-id187722063?k=6&m=187722063&s=612x612&w=0&h=5Zz-oL69FsM3vROIAA8n9btXR0UvrKZZPbSDlOQbZbM=
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:48:22 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2019, 10:36:16 AM »
I have the ability to close all cross country messaging. I have been debating if I wan to run a test week with cross country disabled.

Who thinks that it is a good idea to disable cross country chat?

HiTech
+1  It would serve the game well.  I think Game generated Salutes should still be active. 
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2019, 10:48:14 AM »
Some people handle the trash talking well some don't. I don;t think it's healthy for the game to have everyone see it scrolling across the screen all the time. It just creates so much negative noise for the people that don't want to read it.  Perhaps default radio setting would have 200 de-tuned. '.P' messages should come with an out of the way menu box that asks if you want to receive a private message from so-and-so, with option buttons to Mute. If muted you get no more pop ups.  Making it easier to mute people might help. Perhaps right clicking on a message in the radio buffer lets you mute the sender.

In the end we should all be more immune to the rantings of aggravated players, but everyone has their limit for dishing and receiving. Some of these change might push that limit out a few hours.  :salute
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:50:10 AM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2019, 10:55:18 AM »
Nonsense.   Blah blah blah

When 'Playing the Player' replaced playing the game, sportsmanship died, and our culture took a turn for the worst. 
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2019, 10:58:20 AM »
Nonsense.  Blah blah blah.

Look everyone, SPORTSMANSHIP. 

Couldn't refute a word I said, per par.

Pot meet kettle.

However, I agree that trash talk is bad for the game.   I was on the one-sided receiving end of it for years, which is why I finally started giving as good as I got.   The "elites" didn't like it when someone fought back.  We were expected to sit there and take it like good little noobs.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:06:29 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2019, 11:47:05 AM »
There’s so much in this thread that’s weird. Achoo claiming he don’t fly like rocky?  Max whining for skuzzy?  Vulcan continues to harass fees openly with racists insults?  I get muted for calling some one a sucktard lol. Must be why hitec doesn’t answer my emails of his mods in abilities to do any thing.

So why do you have to call the losing pilot anything? the pilot already feels bad for getting shot down, but you feel the need to egg him/her, or berate them, why? why can't you just something like good fight etc. when I manage to shoot someone down, I don't say anything unless they pm me and start complaining.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #186 on: December 02, 2019, 11:56:01 AM »
even in this forum some players berating each other, it's so ridiculous.

+1000 to turn off cross country chat and cross country pm's
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #187 on: December 02, 2019, 12:11:24 PM »
Yesterday one individual was mouthing off over and over. Only one other was really responding at first and then he quickly stopped. The original just kept going and going. Looked pretty silly.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 02, 2019, 12:43:42 PM »
+1000 to turn off cross country chat and cross country pm's

How would two players on opposing sides hook up for a quick training session in the TA? How would they meet up for a duel in DA or a private arena? Also that would mean having no cross-country help channel anymore.
I'm not sure if that's a good idea in a time when one digit number of players per country are a regular occurrence... :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #189 on: December 02, 2019, 01:18:42 PM »
Again..... why do people who do not like it.... tune to it?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: December 02, 2019, 01:49:35 PM »

hey !! don't you come in here being all logilistical and stuff.... you have more important things to do...see this.... this margarita glass is empty. :furious

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #191 on: December 02, 2019, 01:53:34 PM »

This deals with more than 200, it deals with PM's as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: December 02, 2019, 03:08:58 PM »
Look everyone, SPORTSMANSHIP. 

Couldn't refute a word I said, per par.

Pot meet kettle.

However, I agree that trash talk is bad for the game.   I was on the one-sided receiving end of it for years, which is why I finally started giving as good as I got.   The "elites" didn't like it when someone fought back.  We were expected to sit there and take it like good little noobs.
:furious Per Par? I didnt say a thing, dont put that on me! :rofl OOHHH...never mind, I cant understand V when he is inverted :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #193 on: December 02, 2019, 03:09:35 PM »
:old:
This is what I wear when I play.    True story.   :old:

#Immersive

(Image removed from quote.)

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/funny-man-with-watermelon-helmet-and-goggles-picture-id187722063?k=6&m=187722063&s=612x612&w=0&h=5Zz-oL69FsM3vROIAA8n9btXR0UvrKZZPbSDlOQbZbM=
I’m sure you can’t find one that fits your Mellon. And you make sure them acts gets paid so those boys can log on.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #194 on: December 02, 2019, 03:11:20 PM »

So why do you have to call the losing pilot anything? the pilot already feels bad for getting shot down, but you feel the need to egg him/her, or berate them, why? why can't you just something like good fight etc. when I manage to shoot someone down, I don't say anything unless they pm me and start complaining.

It was directed towards getting muted for something as small as that. Not the actual fight itself. Keep up with us I can’t type any slower.