Author Topic: Pretty fed up.  (Read 20287 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
Re: Pretty fed up.
« Reply #195 on: December 02, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 03:27:31 PM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: December 02, 2019, 03:35:25 PM »
Id make it a vote in the MA for a month before making the decision to just cancel cross country chat. It could have a bigger impact than anyone expects.

I don't agree with banning communications, and don't think cutting 200 or PMs would make any difference. It might make it less fun as you cannot talk to the community anymore.

For all it's worth, if you can't take crap talking from another player, perhaps you should find a nice off-line game to play. Basically any online war game is going to have these types of people.

The .report button should relay a message to the Hitech and if it's bad enough should result in a week radio ban, and if continues, a month ban, and if that continues, than a 6 month radio ban.

The key should be to punish the individual for their actions. Not punish the entire community for the actions of a few.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #197 on: December 02, 2019, 04:17:01 PM »
For all it's worth, if you can't take crap talking from another player, perhaps you should find a nice off-line game to play.

This has been proven true in AH.  It's part of the reason HTC has posed this question.

- oldman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: December 02, 2019, 04:23:45 PM »

This has been proven true in AH.  It's part of the reason HTC has posed this question.

- oldman

Yeah, but disabling it for all negates the possibility for positive interaction.  It seems to me to make way more sense to give the players the tools to deal with the problem people rather than silencing the entire other side.  The community is not just the guys on your side.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Pretty fed up.
« Reply #199 on: December 02, 2019, 04:24:52 PM »
What if Dale added a contacts/friends list?

If you add someone from another country to your contact/friends list and they accept, you can communicate with them all day long.

If you don't accept the invite, then the requesting person can't contact you via PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: December 02, 2019, 04:31:17 PM »
What if Dale added a contacts/friends list?

If you add someone from another country to your contact/friends list and they accept, you can communicate with them all day long.

If you don't accept the invite, then the requesting person can't contact you via PM

Let them do their pillow talk on their cell phones.
86-200.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: December 02, 2019, 04:33:18 PM »
I don't agree with banning communications, and don't think cutting 200 or PMs would make any difference. It might make it less fun as you cannot talk to the community anymore.

I wouldn't recommend removing them totally from the game. 

They should all be persistently configurable, and off by default, so as not to expose new players to the dysfunctional side of AH too soon.

Chan 200 is already that way.  I see no reasonable argument not to make cross country PM follow the same model.   At some point, players can decide if they want to wade through the cesspool if they are in to that.  It should be an Opt-In choice.  Join requests too. 

You can seldom go wrong giving the player choices on how to configure their experience.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #202 on: December 02, 2019, 04:46:38 PM »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #203 on: December 02, 2019, 04:54:53 PM »
I would say it's a bit more than slap 'n tickle. Fess has asked for this crap to end. Respect it and stop doing it. It's really no more complicated than that.

Well Fess does have a habit of randomly accusing me of being racist in threads on the BBS and in game. He also accused me of harassing him out of the game and changing my game ID to hunt him down (skyyr style?) - very bizarre as in the 20+ years I have played AH I have never changed my ID once. I have used the same account since the game came out of beta (1999?).

Here is a really good example of what I am talking about: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,395465.msg5249479/topicseen.html#msg5249479

Note that I have never ever participated in KoTH.

I don't really appreciate him constantly labeling me racist when it has been shown the term is not racist in a court of law in the country of his residence. Plus there are players in the game called Pommy, BTPommy and so on. People constantly point this out to him. He earned the whinging label as that is what he did on #200 and here... a lot and continues to do.

If he really wanted it to end he'd have ignored my post - right?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #204 on: December 02, 2019, 04:56:27 PM »
Well Fess does have a habit of randomly accusing me of being racist in threads on the BBS and in game. He also accused me of harassing him out of the game and changing my game ID to hunt him down (skyyr style?) - very bizarre as in the 20+ years I have played AH I have never changed my ID once. I have used the same account since the game came out of beta (1999?).

Here is a really good example of what I am talking about: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,395465.msg5249479/topicseen.html#msg5249479

Note that I have never ever participated in KoTH.

I don't really appreciate him constantly labeling me racist when it has been shown the term is not racist in a court of law in the country of his residence. Plus there are players in the game called Pommy, BTPommy and so on. People constantly point this out to him. He earned the whinging label as that is what he did on #200 and here... a lot and continues to do.

If he really wanted it to end he'd have ignored my post - right?

Is this grade school? Dude asked you to stop. That should have been the end of it regardless.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2019, 05:05:29 PM »
Is this grade school? Dude asked you to stop. That should have been the end of it regardless.

Pretty much civility 101
Pies not kicks.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2019, 05:15:05 PM »
:furious Per Par? I didnt say a thing, dont put that on me! :rofl OOHHH...never mind, I cant understand V when he is inverted :neener:

Lol.   :aok
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2019, 05:42:46 PM »
id rather have new planes been way to long
I can police what I want to see on my own
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2019, 08:11:00 PM »
hey !! don't you come in here being all logilistical and stuff.... you have more important things to do...see this.... this margarita glass is empty. :furious

ROTFLMAO
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2019, 08:19:47 PM »
hey !! don't you come in here being all logilistical and stuff.... you have more important things to do...see this.... this margarita glass is empty. :furious

ROTFLMAO

Yeah.  What do you think this is, rocket surgery???????   
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)