Author Topic: HP Reverb  (Read 997 times)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
HP Reverb
« on: November 30, 2019, 09:16:33 AM »
Has anyone tried the HP Reverb? Resolution seems pretty good spec wise.

Offline HAMMERR

• Zinc Member
Re: HP Reverb
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 12:12:34 AM »
Hey bud, 

I’ve got about 300 hours in the reverb now between DCS and aces high.

I love it, it’s the first headset I don’t notice screen door in.  Also distance spotting is fantastic and 90hz is no joke awesome.   Slightly small sweet spot compared to the rift s but even out of the sweet spot it’s clearer than the rift inside the spot.

Nobody can pry this headset away from me until they make one with larger sweet spot and FOV

Offline Fearless

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 08:01:31 PM »
Hey Guys, fearls here.
just unconnected my Oculus Rift and plugged in an HP Reverb.
Can't get it to run Aces High, any suggestions?
AH3 would automatically ask me if I wanted to use my Rift before, but now it doesn't seem to recognize the HP Reverb.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 08:36:58 PM »
Do you have steamVR installed? I believe you need it to run open VR. Im not sure if there are any alternatives out there or not. And just to clarify you don't need to run Aces High Steam or anything, just steamVR. It should ask if you want to use your openVR headset just like it did with the Rift

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 11:17:41 PM »
Do you have steamVR installed? I believe you need it to run open VR. Im not sure if there are any alternatives out there or not. And just to clarify you don't need to run Aces High Steam or anything, just steamVR. It should ask if you want to use your openVR headset just like it did with the Rift

Yes make sure you have wmr and steamer running

Curious to hear your thoughts on it

Offline Fearless

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 06:33:10 PM »
Yes, I just spent today getting WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) and Steam VR setup.
I can run DCS, (But it's not quite optimized just yet, still getting some flickering) but when I run Aces High III now, it asks me if I want to run my openVR headset, I say yes, it loads Aces High and the desktop shows it running Aces High like normal, but the headset shows its "Waiting" for  it to load.  :bhead
I'm getting closer, but it sure is frustrating!

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 01:04:08 AM »
Did you setup boundaries etc in wmr ?

I usually open wmr first and then ah

Offline Fearless

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 10:00:04 AM »
Got it running a few weeks ago.
Except now I've suddenly lost my arena message window and the voice message hi-light when people are talking showing who it is.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 10:23:05 AM »
Got it running a few weeks ago.
Except now I've suddenly lost my arena message window and the voice message hi-light when people are talking showing who it is.
I didn't know there was another window for the arena message? Thought it was a tab on the clipboard? As for the other missing items, in prefs click on the GUI tab and start looking around. I mean REALLY start looking around! It's probably up over your head somewhere! Just drag it back to where you want. Took me a while to figure that out. VR has a totally different layout.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 08:02:24 PM »
Mine sometimes reverts to a small vertical bar where I have to look straight up to find it

How do you like it otherwise?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 06:34:03 AM »
Yes, I just spent today getting WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) and Steam VR setup.
I can run DCS, (But it's not quite optimized just yet, still getting some flickering) but when I run Aces High III now, it asks me if I want to run my openVR headset, I say yes, it loads Aces High and the desktop shows it running Aces High like normal, but the headset shows its "Waiting" for  it to load.  :bhead
I'm getting closer, but it sure is frustrating!

I have a Reverb, and just tried AH with it last night.  Same thing happened to me that happened to Fearless.   Clicked "YES" to do I want to run OpenVR headset - game loaded and looked OK on the monitor, but in the headset it said "AcesHigh11" and "Waiting..."

I got it to work by shutting down AH, WMR, and SteamVR.  When I restarted AH and answered the headset question again, SteamVR and WMR started by themselves and it looked OK in headset.  The first time, I'd had WMR running already when I started the game.

I don't have enough time in it to comment yet, other than "Wow!".   Incredible to sit in the cockpit of the A-20 and look out the side window at that big long wing.   Sense of scale is incredible, and totally opposite what you get in a 2D flat monitor.

My biggest problem is mouse control- I want to select clipboard menu items with the mouse, but currently the only way to move the cursor is be looking where you want it to be - its like its an extension.   Is there a way to get the cursor under mouse control?