Author Topic: TM Warthog TARGET Profile  (Read 620 times)

Offline Darkdiz

• Zinc Member
TM Warthog TARGET Profile
« on: November 30, 2019, 03:30:40 PM »
<S> Lords and Ladies:
After a few year's hiatus, I'm back trying the AH3 on-line experience once again, providing easy kills for anyone who gets close to me ;)
I used to run a TM Cougar with CH Pro pedals, it worked great under Foxy, but when I upgraded (?) to Windows 10, Foxy no longer worked without a HUGE investment in time forcing a square peg into a round hole.  I attempted to re-program the Cougar through TARGET, but it never seemed to be what it was under Foxy.  I had spent quite a bit of time and energy programming the Cougar, and the resulting product was, IMHO, pretty good (I had full documentation, graphics etc etc etc)
Fast forward to a few weeks ago, when I literally snapped a metal gimbal on the Cougar, rendering it pretty much useless.  Enter my brand new TM Warthog, in dire need of profiles.  Finding none that really suited me, I decided to attempt my hand once again with TARGET, this time using the Warthog.
Attached are the fruits of my labour.  Since I based it on my old Cougar profiles, I'm pretty sure it an be adapted easily to any TM product that uses TARGET, its almost (note quite as I discovered) a matter of copy and paste.
So, for any and all to use, 2 files in the zip, the .pdf of the Powerpoint button assignment page, and the .fcf file itself.  Simply add the .fcf file to whatever directory you keep your TARGET profiles in, and load it under TARGET GUI.  Print the .pdf as a quick reference (by the way, that is actually me in the pic behind the button assignment page)
PM me if you have any questions, or need an explanation (Darkdiz, WTF were you thinking??? etc etc etc ;)

Hals und Beinbruch
Darkdiz
Talent hits a target no one else can hit
Genius hits a target no one else can see

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: TM Warthog TARGET Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 10:40:11 PM »
I programmed my Warthog strait through Aces High mapping. It quick and easy to setup and or change. Never messed with outside programming since I dropped the CH software years ago.

Offline Darkdiz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 12:28:18 AM »
I think a lot of folks do that, I just find that there is much more customizeable (sp?) stuff through TARGET. Granted, it doesn't help my penchance for being easy prey for pretty much anybody, but then again, I doubt there is any stick/throttle hardware/software that can fix that :x

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »
My VKB stick has software that gives that thing capabilities far beyond those of mortal men! It's seriously complicated but if you could think of something for a button or axis to do, it probably can! It took me a while to pick up how to use it but the levels go on forever. I've made macros with it for what dot commands I can't directly map in AH and that's about it. In VR I use voice attack for a lot of those things too as typing is a bit of an issue with the headset on.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Darkdiz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 02:15:17 PM »
I think that once you learn how to get around in any script-based program, the routines you create become a bit easier.  However, some folks just can't spend the time learning how to program these things, and look for something easy.

DD

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 02:22:47 PM »
Thanks for the links there Darkdiz.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006