Author Topic: CptTrips, Thanks  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
CptTrips, Thanks
« on: July 27, 2020, 06:24:50 PM »
The offline missions are great gunnery practice.  Much more helpful than the circling drones and those are good for practice. 

I use it as a quick and dirty prep for hitting the MA or for when I have a little time to kill.

Thanks for all the work you put into it.

<S>
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: CptTrips, Thanks
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 07:17:52 PM »
Awesome.  Thanks for the kind encouragement.

That is exactly what I was hoping they would be good for.  That and as a learning aid for new players.

A new player could fly an hour in the Melee and maybe get a cumulative 4-6 minutes of trigger time.  That is a very inefficient way for them to learn basic gunnery.  They spend most of their time on auto-pilot getting somewhere, get a few squirts, and boom they are back in the tower.  Rinse, repeat.

They can run a offline mission over and over again.  They could get more practice on a maneuvering target in an afternoon than they would get in a month of Melee flying around on auto-pilot.

AI are never going to be a replacement for fighting experience human pilots, but they can help with developing the basic muscle memory of hitting a twisting turning target under g-load.
And they run it over and over again with little time waste.  Try the different planes and get a feel of how they handle. etc.

Now all we need is a new player someday.  ;)  But I'm glad you are getting some use out of it too.  :D

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 12:54:52 PM »
CptTrips. Been flying a few af your staged missions to day. Good work Sir.

A request! Can you make one with Brewsters v Fm2s? Where you can fly either?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 01:26:35 PM »
CptTrips. Been flying a few af your staged missions to day. Good work Sir.

A request! Can you make one with Brewsters v Fm2s? Where you can fly either?

I just uploaded: "4x4 Dogfight Brewster vs FM2"

I haven't tested it, but it is just the basic template so it should work.  Give it a try.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 04:42:07 PM »
Thanks CaptTrips.  Tried it and liked it.  <S> Sir!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 01:07:37 PM »
Your missions should be part of AH3 training  Hitech points every new subscriber towards.

They should hire you to create the campaign and training missions found in other flight sims.

<S> for all your effort

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RAG

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2020, 05:16:18 AM »
The offline missions are great but on some of them I have a green dotted horizontal bar in the middle of my screen.  what is this and how do I get rid of it? - it runs right across the gunsight. Thanks  :headscratch:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 01:08:14 PM »
The offline missions are great but on some of them I have a green dotted horizontal bar in the middle of my screen.  what is this and how do I get rid of it? - it runs right across the gunsight. Thanks  :headscratch:

Sorry about that. 

Those are part of a message that used to show up in the text buffer, but after an update started put up in the middle of the screen,  in my VR view at least.

Unfortunately I have closed my subscription and can't upload missions anymore, so I'm unable to put up fixes for that.

Offline RAG

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 12:55:20 AM »
NP, thanks for confirming CptTrips, perhaps Hitech can address it...

Offline RAG

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 10:11:46 AM »
BTW, if anyone else is getting bugged by the green dotted line across their gunsight in some offline missions, the trick is to click the 'skip briefing' box and that seems to sort it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2021, 11:01:15 AM »
BTW, if anyone else is getting bugged by the green dotted line across their gunsight in some offline missions, the trick is to click the 'skip briefing' box and that seems to sort it.

Ah.  Great catch.  I didn't know that.

Someday if my life ever straightens out, I hope to be able to go back and edit, rebuild, and reload all 80 something missions to fix that. 

I always wanted to make a BoB version of the AI arena if HT would let me, too.

But my free-time is almost zero at the moment.  Maybe I will win the lotto and retire. ;)

:salute,
CptTrips

Offline RAG

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2021, 12:51:26 AM »
I always wanted to make a BoB version of the AI arena if HT would let me, too.

Now Captain, that would be awesome, yes please!  I do hope you get time :cheers: