Author Topic: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack  (Read 15848 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2020, 05:25:50 PM »
Welcome! There are still many sounds missing from this release. I'll be fixing that over the next year I'm sure.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2020, 06:15:19 PM »
Thanks for the hard work on this  :salute

Question, do I have to delete the original sounds out of the folder and un zip it to the original custom sounds folder or will re write the original sounds, I know nothing about the Fmod crap.

One more thing with this effect GV sounds or just the plane sounds

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 06:20:04 PM by WEZEL »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2020, 06:32:20 PM »
You can zip up the old Desktop folder to save it if you like.

The whole idea of this pack is to replace all of the sounds with the sounds of the actual planes, vehicles, and guns as much as possible. Of course, some artistic license has to be used for some sounds that are just impossible to get these days. I have done what I could, but at the moment the pack is still incomplete.

In this ZIP file there are four *.bank files. You want to put those four files in your "\AcesHighIII\CustomSounds\Desktop\" folder (see attachment).'

I will make an auto-installer later, but why wait?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2020, 07:15:28 PM »
Thanks for getting back so quick, I did not get an attachment, just a zip folder.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2020, 08:04:11 PM »
The "attachment" I mentioned is the image file posted along with my instructions in my last post above. In the Windows Explorer address bar you can see the layout of the path. The other files and folders you can see are not needed, but just the four *.bank files.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 08:05:56 PM by Chalenge »

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2020, 09:01:41 PM »
welp I have a custom sound folder just no custom sounds\desktop folder. Thanks for the help  :salute But I think I am done with the game.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2020, 09:38:43 PM »
Just make that folder and it will work. You're not the first to have that problem.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2020, 10:50:09 PM »
This is great so far, love the sounds. Brings more life to the game.

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2020, 09:55:13 AM »
This is great so far, love the sounds. Brings more life to the game.

This.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2020, 10:00:36 AM »
Just make that folder and it will work. You're not the first to have that problem.

Yeah, I didn't have the folder either.   I just created the folder and dropped the files in. No problemo.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2020, 10:21:59 AM »
I download the files, and put them in the CustomSounds folder, and nothing happened, and I tried to make a new folder with the specs you stated, but I can't use the \ key or any characters like that, what would you recommend? I do want to hear the new sounds though.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2020, 11:49:37 AM »
I download the files, and put them in the CustomSounds folder, and nothing happened, and I tried to make a new folder with the specs you stated, but I can't use the \ key or any characters like that, what would you recommend? I do want to hear the new sounds though.

In the "CustomSounds" folder just create a sub-folder named "Desktop" if it doesn't already exist.
Drop the bank files into the Desktop folder.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:51:09 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2020, 08:30:48 PM »
Just tried downloading a couple times....I keep getting "Failed-Network error".  Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?  Thanks!   :salute

Revision, am now downloading from the earlier "sick puppy sounds link"  is that correct?  The earlier one I tried was the "Banks.jpg"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 08:37:14 PM by DaddyAce »

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2020, 09:11:16 PM »
His link worked for me: http://dload/chalenge/SickPuppySounds.zip

Chalenge, do you have a list of planes that use new sounds, by chance? :salute

They sound fantastic, BTW.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2020, 11:19:37 PM »

Chalenge, do you have a list of planes that use new sounds, by chance? :salute

109's, 110's, 190's except the D9, A20, A6M's, B17, B239, B24, B25's, B26, B29, Boston, C47, F4F, F4U1, FM2, I16, LANC, P38's, P47's, P51's, SBD5, Spit16, Spit9, Ta152, and TBM3.

Of those included I still need to go back and tweak the external "Event Cone Angle" so that you can tell the relative external position of the plane. Many of the planes do not yet have the proper guns or mechanical sounds included (flaps/slats/gear).

If you listen to the external sounds of planes like the TBM, SBD and Spit16 you will probably notice more of the planes that do not have that excellent "Event Cone Angle" applied yet, and that's because I don't yet have the proper sound bytes to add to them. Of course, I can also do the same thing for tanks, and even tankfire.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 11:27:30 PM by Chalenge »