Author Topic: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack  (Read 15831 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Re: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2020, 06:06:59 PM »
His link worked for me: http://dload/chalenge/SickPuppySounds.zip

the link works for me too.  When I extract the files into ..../Desktop/SickPuppySounds I get 4 bank files, but have not seen that it makes a difference in terms of game sound.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2020, 06:15:56 PM »
the link works for me too.  When I extract the files into ..../Desktop/SickPuppySounds I get 4 bank files, but have not seen that it makes a difference in terms of game sound.

I just put my 4 bank file in CustomSounds/Desktop.  Try that.

Then fly a P51 to easily check.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2020, 08:32:35 PM »
I just put my 4 bank file in CustomSounds/Desktop.  Try that.

Then fly a P51 to easily check.

:salute

Yes, what a difference!  Thank you Trips!   :salute

And thank you Chalenge for all your hard work!!   :salute

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2020, 09:01:26 PM »
Okay, after first run online in pony in VR, I LOVE IT Chalenge!!!!   :rock   Thanks again!   :salute

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2020, 09:57:31 PM »
Thanks! I'll send you my bill!

I really thought I would have heard a report or two about sounds that don't seem quite right. Not that I know there are any.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2020, 10:44:05 PM »
Thanks! I'll send you my bill!

I really thought I would have heard a report or two about sounds that don't seem quite right. Not that I know there are any.

FWIW I did log an hour instruction time in a TF51-D a year or so ago, and one thing I noticed was that the flap actuators  were quiet, as in your soundpack, and unlike the stock AH3 sounds.  This week I'm mostly been flying planes that are not in your pack, but I noticed that when I fly near planes that are in SPS, they seem to sound very more realistic.  Nice work!  I hope you hold up well and you get to complete your SPS pack, if that's your wish!  Stay active, it's been a big asset in my life!  :old: :cheers:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2020, 12:55:15 AM »
Thanks! I try to stick to realism over making a sound that might be more useful (like a louder flap sound). Sure, you may not be able to tell if you hit the button, or not, but at least it's not an overused Terminator press.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »
I really thought I would have heard a report or two about sounds that don't seem quite right.

It seems that some of the "shut down" sounds run on a bit after the prop has stopped.  Most noticeable on the radials like the P-47M.

Also, the whine (turbo-supercharger?) in the P-38L is constant, while it comes and goes with WEP in the P-38J.  Did the J only engage the turbo for WEP?  (On my sound system the whine is oppressively loud.)

Cool sounds!  Thanks for all your effort.    :salute
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2020, 11:04:28 AM »
It seems that some of the "shut down" sounds run on a bit after the prop has stopped.  Most noticeable on the radials like the P-47M.

Also, the whine (turbo-supercharger?) in the P-38L is constant, while it comes and goes with WEP in the P-38J.  Did the J only engage the turbo for WEP?  (On my sound system the whine is oppressively loud.)

Cool sounds!  Thanks for all your effort.    :salute

I believe it's constant on both, but elevated once WEP is engaged. I'll look at it.

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2020, 03:59:38 PM »
not sure if it's just me, but I was flying a 110 yesterday using the new sounds, and wanted to tweak the "my engine" volume down a bit, when I hit apply, I lost all engine sound, still had the wind sounds, just not the props, it's probably just my machine, but thought I'd mention.

These really are excellent though, thank you Sir!

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2020, 04:29:42 PM »
I was in a B24 with a P51 making high speed passes at me. I let him get a few more in before I lite him up. It just sounded SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2020, 04:52:53 PM »
<S> Chalenge...well worth the wait. Your time and dedication to this project was/is remarkable. Thank you Sir!

Only tried the Pony so far and was thrilled with the new sounds. Thanks again.

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2020, 07:57:15 PM »
Really do enjoy the sounds, they add so much more life to the planes. I have noticed that while most of the gunsounds are standard AH3 some planes like the P47D11 have their own sound for the 50 cals while all other P47 models use the the standard AH3 sounds.
Coincidentally also was getting this error I haven't seen before in the P47D11

I have also noticed the turbo whistle is constant on the P38L and is toggled with WEP in the P38J as someone had already said.

Other than that, haven't experienced any other bugs with the soundpack and the sounds are fantastic  :aok

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2020, 10:00:43 AM »
sound pack is great! Appreciate your hard work. The track and engine sounds on some of the tanks are really cool as is the Spit, 38 and Pony. To note, I have noticed that a few times when a plane passes by, it sounds like the engine is starting (or quitting?). I know some players shut down their engine in a dive, but this sound seems more persistent, have heard in a variety of situations. Just FYI. As a side note, I played with that engine shut down thing and as expected, my plane slows down faster with the engine off. Which’s makes sense since the propellers is providing thrust with engine on and only drag  with engine off.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 10:04:37 AM by diaster »
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2020, 11:43:41 AM »
sound pack is great! Appreciate your hard work. The track and engine sounds on some of the tanks are really cool as is the Spit, 38 and Pony. To note, I have noticed that a few times when a plane passes by, it sounds like the engine is starting (or quitting?). I know some players shut down their engine in a dive, but this sound seems more persistent, have heard in a variety of situations. Just FYI. As a side note, I played with that engine shut down thing and as expected, my plane slows down faster with the engine off. Which’s makes sense since the propellers is providing thrust with engine on and only drag  with engine off.

I was noticing the startup sounds too.  I'm not sure if it's on all the modified planes, but I definitely noticed it on a P51 seemingly as it came into a certain range.

Well done though, the engine sounds are so good.  I kind of miss some of the feedback, particularly with flap movement, but it's worth it for how good things sound.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11