Author Topic: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack  (Read 15837 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2020, 01:38:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do about that engine startup. I think it may correct things if I take out the startup from external sounds, but then you will always hear planes spawn in with the engine running already. I may have to do it that way if it does in fact fix it, because it's not likely that Hitech would change the game just for sound problems.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2020, 01:42:52 PM »
I don't know what's possible, but I know if you can isolate it to just not doing it for external sounds but the internal startup is still there, it would have pretty much no impact on my enjoyment.  I would definitely find it less jarring than hearing every plane coming into range start up.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2020, 06:04:09 PM »
Hey Chalenge,  I've been enjoying your sound pack, thanks again for your efforts!  When you again have time to work on it I have a couple suggestions for the F6f-4, should you have the time and interest.  I've both read about, as well as my Dad also spoke about the black powder cartridges that they used to start the Wildcat engines.  As I recall Mitsu had modeled this in his earlier sound pack as well.  My Dad referred to the cartridges as looking like a large shotgun shell.  Also, and I don't know how you would model the sound....my Dad also spoke about how when the Wildcats lifted off you could see the pilot bending down to crank up the landing gear by hand.

:cheers:

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2020, 11:41:42 PM »
Great sound pack.  I also notice the engine starts from planes as they get close to me.  And in a GV, when I shut my engine, it sounds like every plane within earshot is starting up.

Also, I have a question.  Would you post or email the FMOD file so we can tweak sound levels ourselves?

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2020, 10:27:02 PM »
Hey Chalenge,  I've been enjoying your sound pack, thanks again for your efforts!  When you again have time to work on it I have a couple suggestions for the F6f-4, should you have the time and interest.  I've both read about, as well as my Dad also spoke about the black powder cartridges that they used to start the Wildcat engines.  As I recall Mitsu had modeled this in his earlier sound pack as well.  My Dad referred to the cartridges as looking like a large shotgun shell.  Also, and I don't know how you would model the sound....my Dad also spoke about how when the Wildcats lifted off you could see the pilot bending down to crank up the landing gear by hand.

:cheers:

Welcome. I have one recording of an F4F using the shotgun start. One reason I didn't use it is because if you go to an airshow and see the airplanes you will not, in most cases I think, witness a shotgun start. It's the same reason that I didn't change the 262, or 234, and other airplanes for other reasons. If you listen to the F4F you can hear the landing gear being cranked by hand. I could have added the sound of a chain, but in the moment you cannot hear that so it's wasted. I believe I did add it to the Storch, and I16.

Jinx, No. The reason I wanted FMOD in the first place is to encapsulate the sounds so they could not be copied. Publishing the file as you suggest would just reveal those sounds. If you have a particular issue about a sound level you might just report it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2020, 02:06:04 PM »
Welcome. I have one recording of an F4F using the shotgun start. One reason I didn't use it is because if you go to an airshow and see the airplanes you will not, in most cases I think, witness a shotgun start. It's the same reason that I didn't change the 262, or 234, and other airplanes for other reasons. If you listen to the F4F you can hear the landing gear being cranked by hand. I could have added the sound of a chain, but in the moment you cannot hear that so it's wasted. I believe I did add it to the Storch, and I16.

I suspect the ones you've seen at airshows have more modern starters added....but I respect your call, after all it's your artistic/technical talent that we benefit from.  BTW have been flying the bird cage corsair some, and enjoying your sounds with that bird!   :cheers:    :salute

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2020, 04:27:16 PM »
I lost all internal engine sounds on the modified planes with the pack.
other sounds seem to work fine. gun sounds, ect are new and working.
just internal engine sounds.

they sound spectacular buzzing around me, i just cant hear my own engine.

anyone have a fix?
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2020, 06:13:26 PM »
managed to get it working, deleted vca.cfg and fmodsound.cfg from settings,
rebooted still nothing

then i readjusted the sound levels that had been reset to default, and bam working engine sounds.

thanks challenge, the extra little level of detail in these sounds make a huge difference in the feel of the aircraft to me.
i like it a lot.

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2020, 06:35:41 PM »
aha i found what might be my real issue.

swapping from regular to vr mode after the engine has started kills the engine sound.
it doesnt seem to matter at what point in the flight i swap.and sound doesnt come back after swapping back to first screen.
first engine startup on a new flight is fine until the swap.

internal running engine noise appears to be the only thing effected.

works as long as you dont switch between vr/non vr versions.

i like having the auto switch so i can take of the headset during flights, but for now have just disabled auto vr mode swap.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2020, 11:35:02 PM »

Jinx, No. The reason I wanted FMOD in the first place is to encapsulate the sounds so they could not be copied. Publishing the file as you suggest would just reveal those sounds. If you have a particular issue about a sound level you might just report it.
I would be curious to hear your versions of the 262 and 234, as an avid jet pilot. :salute
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2020, 09:47:32 AM »
i must really be stupid, i've tried every way i can think of and you all are saying but cannot get sound pack to work, so thanks anyway.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2020, 04:53:19 PM »
It can be a bit picky, sometimes pictures help...

find your aces high folder> inside that you should have an empty folder called CustomSounds it is case sensitive. if it is not there make a new folder and name it "CustomSounds".
inside that folder should be another folder called Desktop once again it is case sensitive, you will need to make this folder. making sure the name is "Desktop".
the 4 files go inside this desktop folder.
the main thing is they have to be named exactly like this down to capital letters and spelling.

"\Aces High III\CustomSounds\Desktop\files go here"

and some pics to clarify>>hope that helps

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2020, 08:42:46 AM »
It can be a bit picky, sometimes pictures help...

find your aces high folder> inside that you should have an empty folder called CustomSounds it is case sensitive. if it is not there make a new folder and name it "CustomSounds".
inside that folder should be another folder called Desktop once again it is case sensitive, you will need to make this folder. making sure the name is "Desktop".
the 4 files go inside this desktop folder.
the main thing is they have to be named exactly like this down to capital letters and spelling.

"\Aces High III\CustomSounds\Desktop\files go here"

and some pics to clarify>>hope that helps

thanks toasted i finally got it.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2020, 12:45:40 PM »
excellent, glad that helped.

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2020, 05:02:13 PM »
Chalenge, i know you are really busy, but are you gonna add the whistle the JU-87 makes and the whistle the P-51D makes as well? eventually?