Author Topic: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack  (Read 16184 times)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Re: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2020, 09:30:49 PM »
The Desktop subfolder is the step I missed.  The P-15D was my test choice that sounded the same.  Thanks for the help.  I’ll tune the files up.    :aok

Is there an available list of which have the new sounds?

Cool, glad you got it going Puma!   :aok  Chalenge did post a list somewhere, I think further back in this thread.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2020, 01:11:21 AM »
109's, 110's, 190's except the D9, A20, A6M's, B17, B239, B24, B25's, B26, B29, Boston, C47, F4F, F4U1, FM2, I16, LANC, P38's, P47's, P51's, SBD5, Spit16, Spit9, Ta152, and TBM3.

Of those included I still need to go back and tweak the external "Event Cone Angle" so that you can tell the relative external position of the plane. Many of the planes do not yet have the proper guns or mechanical sounds included (flaps/slats/gear).

If you listen to the external sounds of planes like the TBM, SBD and Spit16 you will probably notice more of the planes that do not have that excellent "Event Cone Angle" applied yet, and that's because I don't yet have the proper sound bytes to add to them. Of course, I can also do the same thing for tanks, and even tankfire.

I'm trying to find the time to get these cleaned up before adding more.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2020, 07:40:32 AM »
Cool, glad you got it going Puma!   :aok  Chalenge did post a list somewhere, I think further back in this thread.

Thanks DaddyAce!  Completely read over and missed the list while reading through every page working the previous issue.  The sounds are quite an improvement in realism.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2020, 03:46:22 PM »
Chalenge, you need to put up a "Putting in sounds for Dummies" page!!! lol. I've tried and just can't seem get it right. :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2020, 06:48:57 PM »
Dragon, the common sticking point seems to be that you need to make the subfolder "Desktop", like in "CustomSounds/Desktop".  Dropping the 4 banks files in the Desktop subfolder finally got it to work for me.     :cheers:

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2020, 11:28:02 PM »
It can be a bit picky, sometimes pictures help...

find your aces high folder> inside that you should have an empty folder called CustomSounds it is case sensitive. if it is not there make a new folder and name it "CustomSounds".
inside that folder should be another folder called Desktop once again it is case sensitive, you will need to make this folder. making sure the name is "Desktop".
the 4 files go inside this desktop folder.
the main thing is they have to be named exactly like this down to capital letters and spelling.

"\Aces High III\CustomSounds\Desktop\files go here"

and some pics to clarify>>hope that helps

pics in reply #71 page 5
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline snugar109

• Zinc Member
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2020, 10:02:22 AM »
Awesome 50 cals in the Pony now. Thanks Chalenge  :salute

If someone wanted to revert back to the original sounds do they just remove the Desktop folder? I did a fresh install of AH3, new pc finally, so I didn't have the CustomSounds folder and I'm not sure if there was anything in there originally since I just dropped your bank files in and launched the game. I guess my question is where are the original A3 sounds stored at? I have some squaddies that want to try out the new sounds but wanted to know how to revert back if they wanted as well.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2020, 04:04:19 PM »
Just move the four bank files to a different folder, like \CustomSounds\backup or something. Or even rename \Desktop to \Backup and you won't have to download them again.

Why would anyone want to go back?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline snugar109

• Zinc Member
« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2020, 05:11:34 PM »
Perfect thanks.

Well the question was brought up so I thought I would get them the right answer.

Valid point on going back. These sounds are really neat now and with the faint raise/lower gear sounds I notice I have to use my gauges more which is pretty cool to me since I relied on the default sounds before to let me know when they were locked up or down. Haven't tried flaps or anything yet but the guns and engines, wow what a sound. Taking up some different planes tonight and through the weekend and if they are all like the pony I'll make a contribution for sure. Well worth it. Outstanding job.

:salute

Offline popason

• Zinc Member
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2022, 07:12:19 PM »
Where do you download the sound pack? :old:

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2022, 07:40:20 PM »
I'd like to try these out too.

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2022, 06:15:02 AM »
I think he wants money

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2022, 02:25:18 AM »
It's available through the HTC downloads site, but I've lost the link. Should be posted around here somewhere.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2022, 09:26:01 AM »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech