Author Topic: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack  (Read 16154 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: New Sick Puppy Sound Pack
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2022, 02:19:06 PM »
Can individual sounds be customized by the user?

In AH2 I could grab one flap sound I liked from plane x and put it in plane y's folder...
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2022, 04:30:31 PM »
Unfortunately it's a lot harder to do in the new format.  I managed to get the 20 mm sound I wanted, but wow, it literally took two months.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2022, 06:28:16 AM »
If you know how to use the editor you can build your own files, but without my original files your flap sound would be the only thing different from the AH3 default.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2022, 11:27:58 AM »
Interesting.

Is there a reason why the new format was used?   Does it add something the old method of simple .wav files did not?

I flew past a Goon using your sound pack and it sounded fabulous, btw.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2022, 01:23:48 AM »
They switched to FMod because of all the features it introduces that you just couldn't have without complex programming.

If you remember the doppler shift of audio in the old system never worked right. Fly head on past my Lanc, B-17, or B24, or HTC's 262 to see what I mean. Plus, FMod allows sound files other than .wav format. The .ogg format is much smaller, so the final bank files are smaller too. Also, the FMod editor includes all the mixing features you need.

I would bet the overall processing of the .bank files for the game is much less than .wav files, which means a game that runs better.

FMod can do more than AH3 needs, which allows for more expansion and game growth.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2022, 07:59:27 PM »
Chalenge-

Love the sound pack! Just installed it! For some reason I had only seen this thread's title and for some reason thought this was some kind of joke where all the game sounds get replaced by the yowls of sick puppies.  :x

Getting a few of the issues already mentioned (buffet timed out) and I'm not hearing any gear or flap sounds on the Pony.
Otherwise, I'm in paradise! My favorites are definitely the P-38, P-51 (those gun sounds make it for me), Spit 9 & 16.
The Spit 16 in particular is just PURE earcandy, that Griffon sounds amazing!! Spit 9 really feels more alive with the proper sound of a Merlin.

I do wish though, that the rest of the Spitfires could have the Merlin sounds added in. I love flying them so much and the Merlin sound really completes it.

Overall, great work chalenge!
Turn n' Burn!

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: July 18, 2022, 12:33:05 PM »
Chalenge-

Love the sound pack! Just installed it! For some reason I had only seen this thread's title and for some reason thought this was some kind of joke where all the game sounds get replaced by the yowls of sick puppies.  :x

Getting a few of the issues already mentioned (buffet timed out) and I'm not hearing any gear or flap sounds on the Pony.
Otherwise, I'm in paradise! My favorites are definitely the P-38, P-51 (those gun sounds make it for me), Spit 9 & 16.
The Spit 16 in particular is just PURE earcandy, that Griffon sounds amazing!! Spit 9 really feels more alive with the proper sound of a Merlin.

I do wish though, that the rest of the Spitfires could have the Merlin sounds added in. I love flying them so much and the Merlin sound really completes it.

Overall, great work chalenge!

Gear and flap sounds on those are actually pretty quiet. I'm guessing hitech went with louder sounds on the generic stock sounds so you could get the audio cues. On the 51 i just watch the flaps and for the gear there are lights on the dash that will help with that.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2022, 07:41:10 PM »