Author Topic: lost rudder pedals  (Read 659 times)

Offline Buba

• Zinc Member
lost rudder pedals
« on: December 07, 2019, 03:04:26 PM »
Turned on game and rudder pedals were gone. When you go to map controller and pull down rudder pedals it shows everything registers, but when you put it back in joystick nothing works. I guess I must be stupid cause there is no z axis in joystick, but there is a z axis in the throttle which registers when you move the throttles. Has been working fine for years and now I can't figure it out, I must be getting old.  HELP

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: lost rudder pedals
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 08:05:39 AM »
For Win10, press Shift while clicking Shut Down. That will give you a clear start.

If that doesn't help, it can be a power issue. There's only so much power an USB port can deliver and during time they can weaken. A powered USB hub is a good inexpensive tool to fix that issue.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: lost rudder pedals
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 07:09:51 PM »
Turned on game and rudder pedals were gone. When you go to map controller and pull down rudder pedals it shows everything registers, but when you put it back in joystick nothing works. I guess I must be stupid cause there is no z axis in joystick, but there is a z axis in the throttle which registers when you move the throttles. Has been working fine for years and now I can't figure it out, I must be getting old.  HELP

Just select the correct axis in the rudder pedal setup and calibrate it. The correct axis is the one that changes when you move the pedals.