Author Topic: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?  (Read 62017 times)

Offline noman

• Copper Member
      • http://yahoo.com
Re: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?
« Reply #615 on: February 05, 2020, 03:13:20 PM »
What kind of monster puts ketchup on a steak. :rolleyes: Eat it medium rare with nothing but salt, pepper, mashed potatoes and brown gravy. Use the blood as a dipping sauce.
Quote by Delirium:
Frankly, I'd rather be a fluffer at a gay porcupine film company than be a CM.
God bless the CMs for putting up with this community.
Sic Pups        MA
412th FNVG   FSO

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #616 on: February 05, 2020, 05:28:03 PM »
What kind of monster puts ketchup on a steak. :rolleyes: Eat it medium rare with nothing but salt, pepper, mashed potatoes and brown gravy. Use the blood as a dipping sauce.

Was at a restaurant the other week. Ordered a Dry Aged ribeye, guy next to me did the same. He dipped his in ketchup. A 60$ steak got the ol Heinz treatment. I was appalled to say the least.

I’m like you. All I need is the blood from the Medium cook.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Trip

• Zinc Member
« Reply #617 on: February 06, 2020, 12:21:15 AM »
Subscription based games have become a thing of the past. Now we have gaming apps like Steam, among others, that offer games on sale and free games. Most people who play games are younger and are completely uninterested in flight sims, or simply can't afford to pay monthly to play a game. There is something in gaming akin to ADD, people want instant gratification, to get into the action and stay in it. Also, there are probably a lot of you who only play Aces High, I play other games, mostly on Steam. AH is on Steam but is not a true Steam game, we must get with the times. A one time price or maybe $9.99 per month, sales, rewards, etc. Aces High is truly a great game that has been slowly dying. Many of the original players are literally dying with the game. I love this game so much but have not played in quite some time, yet I still pay for my subscription. I'd consider myself a casual AH player but it is probably my favorite game ever.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #618 on: February 06, 2020, 03:51:58 AM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl this makes 2...threads that deal with"Proper" Steak management! :rofl He burned his privileges here, just like he does his Steak :bhead A-1 and ketchup are reserved for those times, when Roast especially, get over cooked! Have to keep the ol' gal's morale high...otherwise I DO ALL the cooking. I have better things to do...with you fellers!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #619 on: February 06, 2020, 05:53:07 AM »
Subscription based games have become a thing of the past. Now we have gaming apps like Steam, among others, that offer games on sale and free games. Most people who play games are younger and are completely uninterested in flight sims, or simply can't afford to pay monthly to play a game. There is something in gaming akin to ADD, people want instant gratification, to get into the action and stay in it. Also, there are probably a lot of you who only play Aces High, I play other games, mostly on Steam. AH is on Steam but is not a true Steam game, we must get with the times. A one time price or maybe $9.99 per month, sales, rewards, etc. Aces High is truly a great game that has been slowly dying. Many of the original players are literally dying with the game. I love this game so much but have not played in quite some time, yet I still pay for my subscription. I'd consider myself a casual AH player but it is probably my favorite game ever.
It is the best because it IS NOT a steam type game.

The so called free games are not free. No one works for free. You are being sold somehow for money.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #620 on: February 06, 2020, 06:30:30 AM »
Prime tenderloin, 2inches thick, locally raised, grass fed, $18.50lb.. Marinade in Worcestershire for 24/48 hrs, cook 3 minutes each side, medium high heat, with a dab of real lard, in an IRON skillet.. (be sure to preheat the skillet until it is smokin hot)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 06:39:17 AM by OldNitro »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 06, 2020, 09:20:03 AM »
It is the best because it IS NOT a steam type game.

WTF is a "steam type game"?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #622 on: February 06, 2020, 10:18:08 AM »
I'm not on steam but as I understand it AH is still on steam. Steam is just a humongous catalog of games. Makes games easy to find in one place for the short attention span types. It's like an advertising agency for games and game devs. The price for that is Steam gets a cut of whatever subs, fees, etc., games get when going thru Steam. But that's the reason I'm not on Steam. I don't play many games due to lack of time so it's not necessary. What few games I play I'd rather pay the game devs the money directly in order to support them and the games I do play rather than a chunk going to maintenance of a huge catalog of games I'll never play. That and steam adds more crap to have running on the PC that I'd rather do without. And that can be done. I also play IL2  which is a "steam" game but I have worked around steam completely.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline BLINK

• Zinc Member
« Reply #623 on: February 06, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »

....The so called free games are not free. No one works for free. You are being sold somehow for money.

not true

here is a 100% free game...  ;)

https://zerocluegaming.itch.io/eat-humans

there are actually plenty of free games now a days.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #624 on: February 06, 2020, 11:23:02 AM »

WTF is a "steam type game"?

Ask Trip.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #625 on: February 06, 2020, 11:33:32 AM »
The so called free games are not free. No one works for free. You are being sold somehow for money.
Just because a game is free to play does not mean they are selling your information. Two games in particular I play - SMITE and Warframe are both 100% free to play. There are micro-transactions in the game that help drive the economy and keep the game/devs afloat.

You can choose to buy whatever their 'premium' currency is and buy cosmetics, boosters, etc., but in both games you can make your way to the 'top' without spending a time if you so choose.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #626 on: February 06, 2020, 11:38:29 AM »
In replying to another hijacked topic, I dont expect to be playing once the weather starts to improve. Im retired and if things arent fun anymore then I dont do them anymore. 

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #627 on: February 07, 2020, 12:55:10 AM »

There are a couple of points in this that are pertinent to why I no longer play.  I gave a more in depth list of reasons earlier in this thread but no one responded to that.  The bottom line for me is the action has become too spread out, too infrequent and frankly too timid at times to even consider it a combat game anymore.

I play a free game now, WOWS and I spend more per month than I did on AH but I enjoy it and for me the enjoyment is #1.

The game is not too hard to learn, it is not too niche, it is too slow.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #628 on: February 07, 2020, 04:02:38 PM »
There are a couple of points in this that are pertinent to why I no longer play.  I gave a more in depth list of reasons earlier in this thread but no one responded to that.  The bottom line for me is the action has become too spread out, too infrequent and frankly too timid at times to even consider it a combat game anymore.

I play a free game now, WOWS and I spend more per month than I did on AH but I enjoy it and for me the enjoyment is #1.

The game is not too hard to learn, it is not too niche, it is too slow.

I think it being "too slow" is the exact reason besides controller set up, Along with the subscription which keeps many from playing in the most popular part of AH because they perceive it as being too expensive for their skill level.

Not sure why no one opens their own team death match or FFA arena, but that is another topic.

When I first started. I didnt understand why people would want to fly so damn far to a base and constantly die. That's why I enjoyed H2H so much. Now that match play has been over worked and there is no arena for fast action, it has made the MA the only actionable part of the game. But when bases are too far and maps have players scattered all over the place because there is no zone or objective. It keeps action low and slow. The majority of players come here for fighter action, and when that is slow, they don't stick around. This makes it slower and slower until there is just no point to rolling unless you want to jabo a field and die in 3 seconds to ack. That gets old after 2-3 sorties.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #629 on: February 07, 2020, 04:14:15 PM »
Not sure why no one opens their own team death match or FFA arena, but that is another topic.

Well, I guess that begs the question:  Why don't you?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.