Author Topic: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?  (Read 60517 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: How have we lost so many people to this wonderful game?
« Reply #675 on: February 13, 2020, 05:44:44 PM »
So your saying that people who no longer enjoy the game due to the low numbers should suck it up and keep paying their $15 a month so as to NOT exacerbates the issue?

Screw that!

Not at all it's your money, do with it as you please.

Just stating a simple fact, leaving because of low numbers only exacerbates the original problem making the core issues more problematic to solve. sorta like fighting a war in two fronts. Where do you spend the most time that will reward you with more bang for your buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #676 on: February 13, 2020, 05:57:09 PM »
So your saying that people who no longer enjoy the game due to the low numbers should suck it up and keep paying their $15 a month so as to NOT exacerbates the issue?

Screw that!

Just floating an idea here and using Fugi's post as a segue. It's pretty much a given that new content towards the game, other than from players, isn't gonna happen. Perhaps a subscription drop of 25% COUPLED WITH 3 free months to former players, who were subscribed more than 6 months would boost #'s.

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #677 on: February 13, 2020, 09:04:43 PM »
It's interesting isn't it?

I mean in one hand you have those that leave because they want more players to shoot at.

And in the other hand those same players will not stick around so there will be more players... .

It's like complaining that you are broke but are unwilling to budget your finances to save money... .

crazy, I know... .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I did a horrible job in making myself clear.  I'm not solely after numbers, but rather the sense of community.  To me, the community started to die off.  I'm sure due to RL things for the most part, but overall it did.  The game is still good in my opinion and I've always thought about re-upping.  I wouldn't be here right now if that wasn't the case.  $14.99 is a small price for a great community with awesome gameplay.  I have never been about furballs or flocking to the brightest light.  But when hitting strats don't matter anymore, then what's the point?  Literally the numbers have gotten to a point where more times than not, the only good gameplay is small numbers in fighters in the Main Arena, or organized special ops.
Mak

Offline Mak333

• Nickel Member
« Reply #678 on: February 13, 2020, 09:08:45 PM »
Small maps will make players fight.

I've been saying this for years.  I don't understand the point of running huge maps with low populated servers.  Smaller maps work well with less players.  It puts more focus on defending and attacking certain bases, and provides a more balanced gameplay for fighting, attacking, bombing, and ground vehicles.
Mak

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #679 on: February 14, 2020, 12:37:37 AM »
If they are not happy, they should leave. Only some seem to keep coming back on the boards and whining about being unhappy. LOL

<ACME Company complaints Dept:>

Boss - "Hey man have you analysed the complaints and found out why we have lost so many customers over the last few years"

Clerk - "Nah man and I don't think all these losers crying about stuff is helping us find out, they should just go away"

:bolt:

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #680 on: February 14, 2020, 07:20:18 AM »

<ACME Company complaints Dept:>

Boss - "Hey man have you analysed the complaints and found out why we have lost so many customers over the last few years"

Clerk - "Nah man and I don't think all these losers crying about stuff is helping us find out, they should just go away"

:bolt:

Most folks have no idea what they really want.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #681 on: February 14, 2020, 01:35:16 PM »
Most folks have no idea what they really want.

If Hitech gave them exactly what they asked for they’ed tell him he isn’t listening. We experimented with this with a customer we had that was always squeaking, he hated what we gave him then the boss walked through everything we did based on his requests. Was very entertaining.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #682 on: February 14, 2020, 04:08:12 PM »
I am not sure if you are arrogant or just stupid but what I am sure of is there is no point talking to you.  Have a nice day.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #683 on: February 14, 2020, 04:10:46 PM »
I am not sure if you are arrogant or just stupid but what I am sure of is there is no point talking to you.  Have a nice day.

LOL you should read your post. Fess you have really soured as of late. Everything OK where you are?
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #684 on: February 14, 2020, 04:16:10 PM »
LOL you should read your post. Fess you have really soured as of late. Everything OK where you are?

Everything is fine.  I am just sick and tired of idiots like you telling people like me the reason we left the game is not the real reason and there must be something else at play because the game is the best thing out there and it should not change in any way at all.

I am going to play World of Warships.  Enjoy.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #685 on: February 14, 2020, 04:20:10 PM »
Everything is fine.  I am just sick and tired of idiots like you telling people like me the reason we left the game is not the real reason and there must be something else at play because the game is the best thing out there and it should not change in any way at all.

I am going to play World of Warships.  Enjoy.

Well you are gone. Yet you keep coming back to tell us you are gone. Then you attack current players that are still here. So it makes one wonder just who is the one with problems. I am still a paying customer and flying. I am surely not trying to drive other folks away from the game.

Hope you get better soon.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #686 on: February 14, 2020, 04:34:46 PM »
The real truth is AH does not have a people leaving problem. When  AH was at it's peek it normally lost at least 20 players every day.
AH Has been growing slightly in the last few months. Most probably just the normal seasonal change.

AH has a why are new people not subscribing problem.

Solve that (it's what I'm trying to do) then advertising becomes cost effect and we are again off to the races. But almost all the petty whines in this thread have no direct impact on why new people are not staying.

HiTech

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #687 on: February 14, 2020, 05:50:55 PM »
The real truth is AH does not have a people leaving problem. When  AH was at it's peek it normally lost at least 20 players every day.
AH Has been growing slightly in the last few months. Most probably just the normal seasonal change.

AH has a why are new people not subscribing problem.

Solve that (it's what I'm trying to do) then advertising becomes cost effect and we are again off to the races. But almost all the petty whines in this thread have no direct impact on why new people are not staying.

HiTech

You know what Hitech, they may be petty to you but they are real to your players.  I am intrigued as to how you know they have no direct impact on why new people are not staying.

Let's take one of the most common petty whines and consider what impact they may have on new players.

Petty whine #1 ------------------- Fights are too few and far between due to maps being too large for the population
Impact on new player  ----------- This game is boring I don't think I will stay

I am sure that would not happen of course because it is just a petty little whine and not at all based in reality.

As for other reasons why people do not stay, there are a few that you have been told about before.

• Subscription model is an outdated form of revenue raising.  New players are not used to a monthly payment so you need to give them a very compelling reason to want to subscribe
  • Chat system - Almost every other game uses Enter as the button into the chat function.  When new players need help the most they are not even able to ask for it because to use / to enter the chat function is not intuitive for them
  • Controller set up - When was the last time you installed the game on a brand new box with several controllers attached?  I have done it 3 times in the last 12 months to check the game out again.  Each time I have sat on the runway guns blazing because your auto setup maps things in a very odd way.  IMO part of the first experience for users should be to be guided through an initial basic setup and then pointed to more complex items should they wish to explore more.  The current way meant I had to go through the whole controller setup to find where the issue was.  I am not new and could find my way around but it took at least 30 minutes of messing about and trying things.  A new player is gone by that point.
  • Open world is tough for new people - Let's say there are fights to be had.  The new person is ripped apart by seasoned vets and run bunny slashers in Yak3s.  They have no chance.  There is no kindergarden for them to cut their teeth on.  They are just thrown to the wolves.  Why would they stay?  Yeah yeah you will get the usual forum heroes tell you they had to go through it and the current generation blah blah blah but the fact is it is not an environment that makes them want to stay.  That pushes you back to the subscription model, where is the compelling reason to stay?

I am sure there are many many other reasons however they for me are the big rocks.  I think AH is probably the best game on the internet, it is certainly my personal favourite.  However, my little whine is enough to make me leave,  if that is bad enough to make a genuine fan leave how do you expect to keep a new guy who has not yet been hooked?

Respectfully

Offline timeisnotlinear

• Zinc Member
« Reply #688 on: February 14, 2020, 09:10:48 PM »
Don't split your numbers on a high traffic night by having squad events, have squad events to attract participation on low traffic nights. Just sayin'.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #689 on: February 14, 2020, 09:47:42 PM »
Something that would encourage me to play more would be missions. If they could offer perks for mission creators who complete the mission it would certainly give newbies a chance to learn more . Ive flown in many in the past but would have no idea how to create one. And their fun!!

Best idea I've heard for quite a while. And I'm a lone wolf kinda guy. <S>