Author Topic: Discord server.  (Read 6081 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Discord server.
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2019, 06:06:55 AM »
There is no downside for someone in the community to host a Discord server and then have HiTech list it on the AH3 website.  Personally, I, like FLS, just don't see the benefit of an official AH3 Discord server.  Despite what people think, an official Discord server would still need to be monitored by HTC to ensure players abide by AH3's community guidelines along with Discords.  Those that don't think HTC would need to moderate it have never been involved in setting up or running a game's official Discord server.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2019, 07:39:58 AM »
There is no downside for someone in the community to host a Discord server and then have HiTech list it on the AH3 website.  Personally, I, like FLS, just don't see the benefit of an official AH3 Discord server.  Despite what people think, an official Discord server would still need to be monitored by HTC to ensure players abide by AH3's community guidelines along with Discords.  Those that don't think HTC would need to moderate it have never been involved in setting up or running a game's official Discord server.
I suppose it would have to be decided whether it would be verified, 'official', or 'unofficial'. There are many 'main' Discord servers that are community run but have the backing of the game developer.

Verified would mean that HTC technically has to own it and it would be 'run by' the game developer. I suppose in this case as long as he is the owner he can have moderators like any other server.

What constitutes 'official' versus 'unofficial'?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2019, 07:55:37 AM »
They have to monitor the mods. That's how they know all the complaints are BS.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2019, 09:13:54 AM »
Yes. You are quibbling about what constitutes improvement by focusing on your preferences for changes.
Not quibbling, just questing your statement.  I focused on areas of the game that as a factual review will show, no game improvements have taken place for 20 years. I'm not questing the fact that HTC has a great air to air combat model, Air to ground attack not so much, I don't care how many tons of bombs you drop on any of the standing bridges around a town, you can't inflect damage, that's not a great model of air to ground attack. Troops just run to their death, no AI troops to seek cover and maneuver like Combat infantry would. If you have factual evidence of game improvements, not software fixes, bug fixes or programming fixes please educate me.  I think a lot of new players and even some returning players, download and take a look and say, nothing new here, looks and plays a lot like Air Warrior did and like AH did 20 years ago.
I don't think it's the learning curve, heck, take a look at DCS, its numbers are growing and it has a much steeper learning curve.  The 113th Lucky Strikes has been here for 20 years and does as much as we can to try to attract and keep new players and get them into the fold, trained up and flying, We are asked by them if we have a squad presents on DCS or Arma3, after just a few weeks, they find the AH game stale and don't stick around very long after that.  This series of post is about Discord Server and using social media to attract and educate new players about AH, well, there has been a FaceBook group since 2008, now called Aces High III, well, there you go OP, wish granted.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2019, 09:46:05 AM »
+1 for Discord. Use it everyday.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2019, 10:14:53 AM »
Not quibbling, just questing your statement.  I focused on areas of the game that as a factual review will show, no game improvements have taken place for 20 years. I'm not questing the fact that HTC has a great air to air combat model, Air to ground attack not so much, I don't care how many tons of bombs you drop on any of the standing bridges around a town, you can't inflect damage, that's not a great model of air to ground attack. Troops just run to their death, no AI troops to seek cover and maneuver like Combat infantry would. If you have factual evidence of game improvements, not software fixes, bug fixes or programming fixes please educate me.  I think a lot of new players and even some returning players, download and take a look and say, nothing new here, looks and plays a lot like Air Warrior did and like AH did 20 years ago.
I don't think it's the learning curve, heck, take a look at DCS, its numbers are growing and it has a much steeper learning curve.  The 113th Lucky Strikes has been here for 20 years and does as much as we can to try to attract and keep new players and get them into the fold, trained up and flying, We are asked by them if we have a squad presents on DCS or Arma3, after just a few weeks, they find the AH game stale and don't stick around very long after that.  This series of post is about Discord Server and using social media to attract and educate new players about AH, well, there has been a FaceBook group since 2008, now called Aces High III, well, there you go OP, wish granted.

If you want to talk social media, tiktok is the new hotness. Social media platforms pop up every few years. Basically facebook is out of fashion.

Discord is basically a glorified IRC channel systtem with voice which just happens to be the fashionable platform for gamers at the moment.Gotta stay with the times, you are falling behind.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2019, 10:17:55 AM »
If you want to talk social media, tiktok is the new hotness. Social media platforms pop up every few years. Basically facebook is out of fashion.

Discord is basically a glorified IRC channel systtem with voice which just happens to be the fashionable platform for gamers at the moment.Gotta stay with the times, you are falling behind.
Out of fashion yet still boasts the most concurrent users monthly/daily than any other social media platform.

:uhoh
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2019, 10:36:11 AM »
Out of fashion yet still boasts the most concurrent users monthly/daily than any other social media platform.

:uhoh

But of course, it is not a zero sum game.

A Social Media Team could be continually seeking out fresh channels to push timely content out to on a constant basis as they emerge.

Every possible platform that might increase your discoverability surface area should be exploited.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2019, 10:51:22 AM »
Social Media Dream Team.   :banana:

Curious who's qualified?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2019, 10:54:17 AM »
Not quibbling, just questing your statement.  I focused on areas of the game that as a factual review will show, no game improvements have taken place for 20 years. ...

You just admitted you cherry-picked the things that haven't changed and ignored what has.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2019, 11:29:46 AM »
Social Media Dream Team.   :banana:

Curious who's qualified?

Keep trolling, FLS.  It's what you do best. 

It seemed in the Facebook thread there were some people who would be willing to help out.  In this thread it seems there are people who could help with Discord, tiktok, whatever that is.  :D  I'm sure we have html people somewhere in this community.  I've seen several people make great videos.  There is a lot of talent in this community to pull from.

Who wouldn't be qualified are trolls, and people rotted out on the inside with it-will-never-work-itis. 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2019, 12:01:30 PM »

Just pointing out that 10 years ago, a social media platform FaceBook was already being used to promote AH and is still going strong today, but alas, it did nothing to prevent the loss of players in AH,I doubt that tiktok would do much better.  I was not suggesting that going to social media will help, I'm saying that in may peoples minds, AH is old and stale, that is what is preventing a mass entrance of new players from downloading and signing up.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2019, 12:03:51 PM »
Cpt Straw keeps trying to deplatform me with false accusations.  That's what, the 10th time now? :rofl

I never troll. You're just complaining because I have a different opinion than yours.

Willing isn't the same as suitable is it?

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2019, 12:11:12 PM »
You just admitted you cherry-picked the things that haven't changed and ignored what has.
Please tell me, what was changed about the game .   Not talking software bugs or cockpit updates, talking about the game and how it is played?  The game is played today exactly as it was played on day one.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2019, 12:11:32 PM »
Cpt Straw keeps trying to deplatform me with false accusations.  That's what, the 10th time now? :rofl

I never troll. You're just complaining because I have a different opinion than yours.

Willing isn't the same as suitable is it?

Keep trolling FLS, it's what you do best.