Author Topic: Learn Aces High 3 Video Submissions  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Learn Aces High 3 Video Submissions
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2020, 09:59:35 PM »
Hitech has explained his spelling. He is concise and logical and precise with language.

I guess I never read any "explanation" other than sometimes he uses voice-to-text.

You would benefit from reading everybody carefully and thoughtfully instead of always looking for things to criticize.

On WHAT PLANET is my *JOKE* a criticism? 

Reacting emotionally and rationalizing your opinion as always correct wastes whatever intelligence you have.

The only emotion I used was joy in the form of humor.    Lighten up, Francis.   Yeeesh.

(Can't wait to see the rationalization in response.)

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2020, 10:01:31 PM »

Wow.  You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Has anyone ever made the mistake of inviting you to one?

Yeah, I mean, the fact that you can't even joke around any more explains why every topic posted devolves into a mudslinging contest.   Good grief.
”KILLER V”

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2020, 10:02:25 PM »
  I started writing a new pilot's guide some time ago.  I have revised it a couple of times, and recently made a suggestion of posting my quick start guide on the main page of the web site.  I wasn't trying to get my name in lights, I was just trying to help. Then I went back and looked through the training pages, and I found that a lot of what I was writing was already there.  The problem is getting new players to read it.  There is plenty of good training material already written.  The problem is putting it where new players can find it easily.  The next problem will be getting them to actually read it.

What I recall from reading it is that you were presenting the information in a more informal manner which might be easier for people to read. It was a good first effort.  :aok

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2020, 10:09:02 PM »
I guess I never read any "explanation" other than sometimes he uses voice-to-text.

On WHAT PLANET is my *JOKE* a criticism? 

The only emotion I used was joy in the form of humor.    Lighten up, Francis.   Yeeesh.

(Can't wait to see the rationalization in response.)

I was speaking generally but you and cpt trips both illustrate my point.

As for Hitech his brain is different. He literally doesn't see words like we do. 

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2020, 10:17:49 PM »

As for Hitech his brain is different. He literally doesn't see words like we do.

Relax FLS.  Have a cold one.  This one's for you.  (Sorry Budweiser  ;))

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2020, 10:20:57 PM »

Well, I wasn't aware of this either.   If you are referring to something like dyslexia then I can sympathize.  I have a dyslexic son.   He's a rock star in the Army.  He has become an avid and prolific reader.   Very smart kid and I couldn't be more proud.

Hopefully it's not that but if it is then I am sorry for kidding about it.
”KILLER V”

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2020, 10:23:12 PM »
Recall my earlier advice. Stick to game issues and stop arguing.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2020, 10:24:03 PM »
Recall my earlier advice. Stick to game issues and stop arguing.

Again....here you go.  Who is arguing? 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:25:31 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2020, 10:28:40 PM »
I shouldn't be mean.  I should have compassion for FLS.

Can I just buy you this as a friendship gift?

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:09:11 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2020, 10:29:08 PM »
You are so going to hell for that one.   :rofl :neener:
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2020, 11:27:38 PM »
Logic.

I need help.

Click Help.   :D

Uh huh.   

I just got a PM from a guy who has played longer than I have and said he never heard of any of this before.   If he can’t find it a noob won’t either.   

But by all means justify eliminating anything that makes helping the player easier.   That’s a surefire method to achieve success.    :aok

To see the key commands with the Help button you have to be in flight, or at least in an aircraft or vehicle...

My point exactly. 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:32:22 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2020, 11:29:33 PM »
I think a good PDF of the default keyboard commands prominently available would be a good idea. I couldn't find the defaults on the website without a confusing search so I used a google search. The list on the website isn't helpful in that you have to be on the website to read it. I am thinking that it is much easier to start out if you have a sheet of paper with everything on it as it is way too complex to look them up in game if you don't know what you are doing. After all what do you need to start playing? You need to know what button to push.

Agreed.    The key mapper is not the easiest thing to grasp for a new player.   It can be overwhelming. 
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:37 PM »
I am not going to argue that the information is not available. I am not even going to argue that about the merit of having a list of key commands prominently and easily available for print out in a form optimized for use while learning the game. I am only going to state that of the two people I got to try the game both complained about the difficulty of finding out what button did what.

IL2 has the same problem:https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/11026-command-list/

Everything is fine with it as-is.  Just ask FLS.   :old:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 11:33:15 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2020, 11:40:03 PM »
Hitech has explained his spelling. He is concise and logical and precise with language.

You would benefit from reading everybody carefully and thoughtfully instead of always looking for things to criticize.

Reacting emotionally and rationalizing your opinion as always correct wastes whatever intelligence you have.

I do believe that you need to do the same thing FLS. It's almost as if you are constantly wanting there to be a problem when one doesn't exist. You then revert to passive aggressive statements to irritate the recipient while trying to maintain a false moral high ground.

10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2020, 12:02:31 AM »
I went back to try the help button again this evening, when I tried it this afternoon my computer didn't have its controls hooked up and was on a monitor of a different size so it was in micro type. I was in flight and I either did not realize that the link to key commands on the ingame window was a link or else I clicked it and it didn't do anything, quite possibly the former. The link however does not work in the browser that opens when you hit the B button in the window that opens when you press the Help button while in flight, I expected it to. You must press the link first, then open the browser from the new window with the key commands in it. If you close the ingame window that has the control set up(key commands) and die or whatever you cannot open it again untill you are in flight.

This is the best implementation of a command list that I, (in my admittedly limited experience,) have seen. It is almost perfect in my view. The problems that I see with it are that it is only available in flight, it should be available in any help window, (until you had some stuff memorized you would want to be able to access it really easily, maybe even outside of the help menu, right on the clipboard.) It should be a little more prominent and clear that the text in the first help window is a link, it looks kind of like a heading above the stuff below so it is a little confusing. Maybe it could explain that you can open it in a browser by pressing B, (the lag in the little identifier when you mouse over the B makes it easy to miss,) and that you can print it out. Frankly I think this as good as a print out and would be substantially better than a print out if the window could be opened at anytime or even minimized while retaining scroll position sort of like the text buffer. I would make it as easy to find as possible, but that is me. It really is remarkably good.
Pies not kicks.