Author Topic: Lock the Screen Refresh at 60Hz ~ Remove hardware from the Dogfight.  (Read 3933 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Lock the Screen Refresh at 60Hz ~ Remove hardware from the Dogfight.
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2020, 10:58:14 AM »
I'd add that you can get higher res and wider FOV in a headset but say with the Pimax you're talking a grand for just the headset and more for the peripherals.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's coming.  In two more years headsets like those will be $299. 

Let me put it this way.  In the past, I have argued that Hitech should put in code so that monitor only players should be able to used external views in order to compensate for the advantages that TrackIR and VR have over them.  The advantage differential has gotten too large. That would seem perfectly fair to me as a VR players.

$0.02.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2020, 03:39:39 PM »
problem is most people don't know about padlock.

trackir and vr helps to track stuff around you but it don't mean a thing if you can't fly or shoot.

there's things you can do that don't cost a dime that will give you an advantage. lower your own engine sounds to begin with, realize that most people are right handed so most of the time they turn in same direction, heard about padlock find out what it is and if it's still available, others figure out on your own.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2020, 05:21:32 PM »
In AH2 when I was researching and testing the historic gunsights that are the defaults for AH3 today. I reached a point I could hit fast moving maneuvering planes at will. My FPS was maxed at 60. When AH3 went live, all of my muscle memory shot solutions missed all the time. After 3 years of that I upgraded to a monitor that gives me 165fps 1ms latency in AH3, and I hit at will with the same practiced gun solutions I used in AH2. The very first day I used the monitor every shot I made hit as predicted in my sight picture for the first time in 3 years.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.