Author Topic: What causes the flippy flop?  (Read 14455 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: What causes the flippy flop?
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2020, 10:44:22 PM »
Ribeyes doesn't getting any better!

Yet strangely after 17 days you start craving something else.  ;)

Then it is roasted wings, ribs, or salmon/shrimp/oysters.   :rock

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »
Caveman.  They discovered fire last week.    :old:

haha, stop drinking the haterade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2020, 10:46:45 PM »
Hideous.   Everyone knows the only steak worth eatin' is Sirloin that ain't mooing.

I'll only eat sirloin after it's been in the sous vide for 5 hours @ 134 deg.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2020, 10:46:59 PM »
Yet strangely after 17 days you start craving something else.  ;)

Then it is roasted wings, ribs, or salmon/shrimp/oysters.   :rock

Wings sound good but unless cows migrate to the ocean, no seafood for me. I take Omega 3 supplements.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2020, 10:50:45 PM »

Wings sound good but unless cows migrate to the ocean, no seafood for me. I take Omega 3 supplements.

I grew up in Houston.  Gotta have some shrimp and oysters on occasion.  It's genetic.  ;)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2020, 11:16:28 PM »
Hideous.   Everyone knows the only steak worth eatin' is Sirloin that ain't mooing.

Alright, that's it.  You are now required to forfeit your man-card.  That's not man-speak.  That's weak-speak.  :furious

:P
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2020, 11:21:55 PM »

Alright, that's it.  You are now required to forfeit your man-card.  That's not man-speak.  That's weak-speak.  :furious

:D

And this is great steak:

Lean, with the fat trimmed off, juices flowing without having to get blood on everything.    :rock :banana:

Fat is for smoke and flavor not artery-clogging:

THIS is how it looks when you first put it on the grill, not when you eat it:

I already have a tapeworm and he doesn't need competition from raw, bloody, uncooked roaming cattle.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 11:28:39 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2020, 11:26:34 PM »

All it needs is a little A1...

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2020, 11:28:08 PM »
I'll only eat sirloin after it's been in the sous vide for 5 hours @ 134 deg.
  :aok  Sous Vide, is where its at! Lucky for me, no one else likes STEAK in my house :x Well, son does, but he only wants it 2 or 3 times a month. I have half a dozen Dry Aged Rib Eyes in the freezer. All set up for Sous Vide :rock Only 30 days, as I cant stand to trim them as drastically as any longer would cause. I like mine at 135 for 3 hours. For me its just a better taste than at 5 hours(Ribeye...dont like sirloin un less I find some good deal on Top Grade steaks). Texture is about the same, that and I am a bit impatient :devil Its all about the sear, in my book. Cast Iron and Butter is my current method. I do have it out in Garage though(my set up) or better take batteries out of your smoke detectors. Once it warms up a bit though, back to Charcoal...maybe :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2020, 11:29:46 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

All it needs is a little A1...

You don't want steak with the texture of an egg.   Come on now.

And what makes you think that's leather?   Can you not see how juicy that sucker is?  It's like heaven.    That's why God gave you teeth.    :old:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2020, 11:33:25 PM »

:rofl

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2020, 11:38:59 PM »
I can eat any STEAK. Like V, with most I love me some A-1 Bold N Spicy with maybe some Worcestershire(if too done for my taste). So I am not a "purist". Like my eggs...Prefer Over/Easy with salt and pepper, scrambled with a dash of hot sauce and ketchup. I am happy with either :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2020, 11:41:53 PM »
  :aok  Sous Vide, is where its at! Lucky for me, no one else likes STEAK in my house :x Well, son does, but he only wants it 2 or 3 times a month. I have half a dozen Dry Aged Rib Eyes in the freezer. All set up for Sous Vide :rock Only 30 days, as I cant stand to trim them as drastically as any longer would cause. I like mine at 135 for 3 hours. For me its just a better taste than at 5 hours(Ribeye...dont like sirloin un less I find some good deal on Top Grade steaks). Texture is about the same, that and I am a bit impatient :devil Its all about the sear, in my book. Cast Iron and Butter is my current method. I do have it out in Garage though(my set up) or better take batteries out of your smoke detectors. Once it warms up a bit though, back to Charcoal...maybe :aok

Oh, I don't generally put steaks in the sous vide except sirloin.  (but it can make a cheap cross-rib roast come out like prime-rib.  12 hours @ 134 deg :O)

On the cast iron, try ghee.  Much higher smoke point so much better heat to get an awesome sear without burning the the milk solids in butter.

Yeah, I have an portable outside electric burner for that.   :D

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2020, 11:45:56 PM »
GHEE? Never heard of it, I dont think :uhoh  Sous Vide is because I dont fire up the grill for 1 steak lol I have MS and get tired fast! Its just less work, that and the quality that I get locally isnt the BEST. Not that anyone would know though, as SV is just wickedly AWESOME :rock

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2020, 11:48:27 PM »
AH! Clarified Butter...got ya! I use it when I can get it. Havent seen it at my local store but have made it before. And agree. Way better