Author Topic: What causes the flippy flop?  (Read 14456 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: What causes the flippy flop?
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2020, 12:02:22 AM »
AH! Clarified Butter...got ya! I use it when I can get it. Havent seen it at my local store but have made it before. And agree. Way better

Yeah, mostly the same thing.  With Ghee the milk solids are toasted a little bit more (BUT NOT BURNED!) and give it a bit richer, nuttier flavor.

That's the beauty of a sous vide.  Turns "select" quality to "prime".

Try a cross rib sometime.  12 hours @ 134 deg, un bag-it, let it cool.  Dry it off well with paper towel and sear a tasty crust on that bad boy with mad hot ghee.

Cheapest prime rib you've ever had.  :D

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2020, 12:09:19 AM »
Silliness aside, I'm not that picky.  I'll eat rare, well done, doesn't matter to me.  While do I prefer med-rare, put a steak in front of me and it WILL get eaten. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2020, 12:16:37 AM »
That's why God gave you teeth.

Heh.

Michener, long after his prime, devoted one of his massive novels to Texas.  One of the (few) memorable observations I retained from it was that Texans, perplexingly, insist on overcooking their beef.  Appears from this thread that he may have been accurate.

As well, it's always fun on the AH BBS to see the way threads can wander...for example, from FW190 stick-stirring to the uses and abuses of A1 steak sauce.

- oldman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2020, 12:16:56 AM »
I can eat any STEAK. Like V, with most I love me some A-1 Bold N Spicy with maybe some Worcestershire(if too done for my taste). So I am not a "purist". Like my eggs...Prefer Over/Easy with salt and pepper, scrambled with a dash of hot sauce and ketchup. I am happy with either :aok

My man!   :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2020, 12:19:15 AM »

Heh.

Michener, long after his prime, devoted one of his massive novels to Texas.  One of the (few) memorable observations I retained from it was that Texans, perplexingly, insist on overcooking their beef.  Appears from this thread that he may have been accurate.

As well, it's always fun on the AH BBS to see the way threads can wander...for example, from FW190 stick-stirring to the uses and abuses of A1 steak sauce.

- oldman

:rofl

If it has bacteria, worms, or any other illness-causing yuck inside it then it is definitely UNDERcooked. 

Next time one of you crazies is in the DFW area you are invited to stop by.    I'll cook one your way but you have to taste a bite of the way I do it.   You'll see what good you've been missing out on.
”KILLER V”

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2020, 12:31:17 AM »
Yeah, mostly the same thing.  With Ghee the milk solids are toasted a little bit more (BUT NOT BURNED!) and give it a bit richer, nuttier flavor.

That's the beauty of a sous vide.  Turns "select" quality to "prime".

Try a cross rib sometime.  12 hours @ 134 deg, un bag-it, let it cool.  Dry it off well with paper towel and sear a tasty crust on that bad boy with mad hot ghee.

Cheapest prime rib you've ever had.  :D
YEP! Love a good "Chuck Roast"! Actually....my last Prime Rib wasnt as good as the Chuck Roast I made before the Prime Rib, I made for Christmas(first of December-and Christmas). Typical Son,"For the extra cost...thought this was gonna be GREAT!" It was, but just not as good :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2020, 12:37:42 AM »
My man!   :cheers:
Wouldnt ya know? The stores here in WVa. dont carry A-1 Bold'N'Spicy :rofl Have to make dad get it, when he is back in Chattanooga. He is getting up there in age...so may have to start ordering it on Amazon :x Its what I asked for, for Christmas :devil
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2020, 12:39:16 AM »
Wouldnt ya know? The stores here in WVa. dont carry A-1 Bold'N'Spicy :rofl Have to make dad get it, when he is back in Chattanooga. He is getting up there in age...so may have to start ordering it on Amazon :x Its what I asked for, for Christmas :devil

My girlfriend likes that stuff, too.   I stick with the original but I'll steal hers when I run out.   Lol
”KILLER V”

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2020, 04:23:26 AM »
My girlfriend likes that stuff, too.   I stick with the original but I'll steal hers when I run out.   Lol
:rofl That my friend, is what I call a KEEPER!! :rofl What a Woman!!! :rock

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2020, 08:46:39 AM »
 :rofl
”KILLER V”

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2020, 09:35:42 AM »
Good morning fellers.

Vraciu, did you burn your cereal thing morning?  :rofl
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2020, 09:44:03 AM »
Good morning fellers.

Vraciu, did you burn your cereal thing morning?  :rofl

:rofl :neener:
”KILLER V”

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2020, 09:54:25 AM »
Did WBs have the floppy-fish?  I don't recall it.
"190 wrap roll" was an everyday channel 100 ( WBs 200 ) topic.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2020, 12:02:24 PM »
Anyone get into Sous Vide?

Yes, but not for prime rib which I do at 175 deg in the oven, the finish at 500 for 10 mins after 20 mins rest.

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2020, 12:17:46 PM »
Yes, but not for prime rib which I do at 175 deg in the oven, the finish at 500 for 10 mins after 20 mins rest.

HiTech

No, I seldom put quality meats in the sous vide.  They can generally do fine traditionally.  The magic of the sous vide is taking really marginal cheap cuts and turning them into "prime" quality.

The people who I have served the cross-rib roast I made as noted above, swear I am serving them prime rib.

Ironically, like Par mentioned,  the tougher cuts of meat usually have richer flavor than the more expensive cuts that are tender.  They just need to be broken down for proper texture.

:salute

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.