Author Topic: Congratulations ULDutch  (Read 1662 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Congratulations ULDutch
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2020, 11:13:54 AM »
Looking back and upon further cogitation, the only mistake was me saying you made one.  :aok

No need to apologize.
Mistakes just prove your human, that’s a good thing, right? :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2020, 02:30:01 PM »
Congratulations Dutch. That's a huge win :aok

Were some really great fights out there.

A great example of what happens when players don't gang the wabbits.  :old:

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 12:49:29 PM »
Those who attended may have heard me say I'd like to get films out there somehow of each winner's round. No way this can get done by Saturday for results but I'd work on it over the next few weeks if I can get my hands on them.
Also not really sure what the best way to 'get them out there' would be. Ideas?           Volunteers ?   :devil

I also think I messed up with some of my films regarding winning pictures.    :rolleyes:
Looking at them soon and might need some help there. :aok
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 02:13:00 PM »
I have a film from my spectator role posted already

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 02:44:34 PM »
I am sorry, i have not made any recordings. I simple forgot :(
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2020, 08:51:37 PM »
Just looked and I have all but one, round #6 with the P-40N.
Anyone have that film?

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2020, 01:42:56 PM »
As mentioned I must have had a brain fart during Round #6 with the P-40N. How can fuzeman have a brain fart when he does not have one you might ask and go ahead, I did  :aok
I also thought KOTH is fairly easy to run with good players helping in that regard, and the pictures were nice but I went the full ten yards and am going with film this time.
I just got films for all round except 6 and tried to get all of last two fights and stretched it out to last four on a few I think.
Not the best and you can do a few things to make watching them better and I'll note them. First is don't watch my view, go a plane asap.
Should be official tomorrow and hope you enjoy them and maybe I can get a round 6 film by then.

Just looked and I have all but one, round #6 with the P-40N.
Anyone have that film?

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 03:16:32 PM »
I can give a summary instead? :uhoh

Wabbit: Violator.
Plane: p40. (N)? (E)?

We all spread out and went up to 5k. I turned around to look for my nearest opponent. I stay high as I move to him. However my nearest opponent spotted Violator, which was close. In fact so close that 3 of them flocked together to shoot down Violator. The fight was on already without me. The battle seemed fierce on the clipboard. Rolling sissors I Imagen, fast and low on the deck. I noticed something else, the battle was moving away from me towards the field where we took of. I not willing to blow my E just yet cruised full speed ahead at 5k. Finally I caught up to them. All low, there was even one smoking already. Honestly I was not sure what to do, this was the first time I had alt on so many opponents, but I quickly realized what I needed to do. Firstly, always move to an enemy and secondly keep your E up. I procided to get in position and whiteout shame use my E to rope them one by one. But It turned out they already where so slow that it brcame a pick fest. Not my most proudest moment. After I secured a kill on the Wabbit, it was the others turn.

Not all was done yet. North East of the base there was still one opponent left, victorious over his enemy moving towards me. Suddenly the round was called and I was named the winner of round SIX. I was baffled, since there was still another plane up. Me and Wiley where screaming over the VOX "There is another left/I am still up!!" Indeed it was Wiley and the win was revoked. The match continued, moving closer to my opponent, both at 5K. But a sudden change made it so that we where diving, diving voor speed. To get the best possible merge. Arrived at the dek still closing in on Wiley I banked to the left and then I made a sharp turn to the right. Just before we merged, both of us initiated a steep climb. I flattened out and initiated another climb, trying to get a position on Wiley. I noticed something odd "HIS ENGINE WAS SMOKING!". I couldn't hold that thought for long since I was at the top of my climb and out of E. I failed to control my plane and fell down into an uncontrollable stall. I pushed the stick and gave it full rudder to get my slow falling plane back under control. EUREKA!! I made it out, back under control. Already nose down form the stal i started continue to dive for speed. I had another problem now, Wiley. There he was, already on my tail, ready to shoot me to bits. I tried making it hard and reverse the position. While we where at it Wiley made some hits on me. I was in full panic mode since there was no shaking him. It lasted for maybe another minute. He was getting the better and better of me, we went up and down. There, right there it was. I was gaining some separation. I realised by now that his engine died of the radiator hit he took from his previous opponent. But he was in position to kill me. But suddenly, he bailed. Apparently the rules on the last to standing where not known to him. "Anything goes". I felt sorry about it, since it would have been his deserved victory. He laughed on the VOX and explained what happend. At first there was some confusion from us Al but we quickly went back laughing about the unfortunate event.

And thus the BF110G2 was chosen by me..

Wiley big salute to you for that fight :salute

Dutch
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 03:23:37 PM by TWCAxew »
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2020, 03:24:19 PM »
I can give a summary instead? :uhoh

Wabbit: Violator.
Plane: p40. (N)? (E)?

We all spread out and went up to 5k. I turned around to look for my nearest opponent. I stay high as I move to him. However my nearest opponent spotted Violator, which was close. In fact so close that 3 of them flocked together to shoot down Violator. The fight was on already without me. The battle seemed fierce on the clipboard. Rolling sissors I Imagen, fast and low on the deck. I noticed something else, the battle was moving away from me towards the field where we took of. I not willing to blow my E just yet cruised full speed ahead at 5k. Finally I caught up to them. All low, there was even one smoking already. Honestly I was not sure what to do, this was the first time I had alt on so many opponents, but I quickly realized what I needed to do. Firstly, always move to an enemy and secondly keep your E up. I procided to get in position and whiteout shame use my E to rope them one by one. But It turned out they already where so slow that it brcame a pick fest. Not my most proudest moment. After I secured a kill on the Wabbit, it was the others turn.

Not all was done yet. North East of the base there was still one opponent left, victorious over his enemy moving towards me. Suddenly the round was called and I was named the winner of round SIX. I was baffled, since there was still another plane up. Me and Wiley where screaming over the VOX "There is another left/I am still up!!" Indeed it was Wiley and the win was revoked. The match continued, moving closer to my opponent, both at 5K. But a sudden change made it so that we where diving, diving voor speed. To get the best possible merge. Arrived at the dek still closing in on Wiley I banked to the left and the a sharp turn to the right. Just before we merged, both of us initiated a steep climb. I flattened out and initiated another climb, trying to get a position on Wiley. I noticed something odd "HIS ENGINE WAS SMOKING!". I couldn't hold that thought for long since I was at the top of my climb and out of E. I failed to control my plane and fell down into an uncontrollable stall. I pushed the stick and gave it full rudder to get my slow falling plane back under control. EUREKA!! I made it out, back under control. I started continue to dive for speed. I had another problem now, Wiley. There he was, already on my tail, ready to shoot me to bits. I tried making it hard and reverse the position. While we where at it Wiley made some hits on me. I was in full panic mode since there was no shaking him. It lasted for maybe another minute. He was getting the better and better of me, we went up and down. There, right there it was. I was gaining some separation. I realised by now that his engine died of the radiator hit he took from his previous opponent. But he was in position to kill me. But suddenly, he bailed. Apparently the rules on the last to standing where not known to him. "Anything goes". I felt sorry about it, since it would have been his deserved victory. He laughed on the VOX and explained what happend. At first there was some confusion from us Al but we quickly went back laughing about the unfortunate event.

And thus the BF110G2 was chosen by me..

Wiley big salute to you for that fight :salute

Dutch

Hehe, good recap, and a hearty  :salute to you as well.

Only thing not right above is it was an oil leak, not rad.  I doubt I'd have made it to you if it was a rad hit.  To be honest, I was shocked I made it to you.  That was a long flight. ;)

Coming in, my only thought was "finish it quick finish it quick" and there may be a lesson there that I need to be more aggressive. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2020, 09:43:08 PM »
Maybe that's why I didn't film it, that's the round I fuzemaned. I surely copulated that one pretty good.
That there is your, oops my, 'mistake of the event'  I always have one. :rofl 

I have them all done, except round 6, and will post them tomorrow.