Author Topic: Crash to white screen  (Read 738 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Crash to white screen
« on: January 12, 2020, 07:18:41 AM »
Will be entering gun solution and when trigger is pulled - games goes to white screen while i hear my shots echo over and over.
Usually takes task manager to close.
Been happening more frequently lately.
Heard others in MA complain about same.
<S>
Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DurrD

• Zinc Member
Re: Crash to white screen
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 10:30:41 AM »
I have had this same issue I think 4 times now this month. 

- First time was in C-47, had landed just outside enemy town, was waiting for the all-clear to let the troops go.  When I hit the release button to drop troops (sitting with engine off, parked on ground, door open), my screen went white, all sound ceased, although part of the text buffer still showed.  If I tried to type anything, there was about a 30 second lag, and not all keystrokes were being picked up.  Took task manager to close it (couldn't alt tab out, etc). 
- I logged back in, it put me back in my C-47, which was now leaning over, with a massive damage list, (gear, wings broken, etc.).  Once again, I tried to drop troops, and again upon hitting the fire button it crashed to white screen.  This time when I came back I had lost my plane (and chance to take the base, grrrr). 

- Then Saturday (11 Jan), it started happening again.  I had probably close to half a dozen discos in quick succession, including I think it was 2 of the white screen variety (the others just the usual program closes out and crashes to desktop).  One in particular made me angry because I was just lining up to make a kill and as I pulled the trigger.... white screen lockup..... login to find that AI has crashed my plane.   :bhead 

Several others were complaining on ch.200 about same issue, including several that had just reached the enemy battleship, and when they went to release bombs, they CTD.

The only thing I can see that seems to be in common on most of these for me, as well as anecdotally from others is that they seem to happen when you press the fire button, especially the secondary fire button.
FBDurr -- A Freebird since 2013, been playing Aces High since 2001.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 11:12:07 AM »
If you have a .dmp file in your AH temp directory from that day and time you can sent it to HTC.

Offline DurrD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 10:10:37 PM »
I looked in the temp folder and the most recent .dmp files there are dated from December.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 10:12:22 PM by DurrD »
FBDurr -- A Freebird since 2013, been playing Aces High since 2001.

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 05:44:16 AM »
I'm downloading my dmp file to send. this is a HUGE bug that never happened before. hope they wake up and fix it
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline alkali

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 06:45:14 AM »
Will be entering gun solution and when trigger is pulled - games goes to white screen while i hear my shots echo over and over.
Usually takes task manager to close.
Been happening more frequently lately.
Heard others in MA complain about same.
<S>
Eagler
Same here, happened every session this week for me.
Best,
Marc
Friendship
RAF 341 Squadron - Groupe de chasse 3/2 Alsace

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 09:30:55 AM »
**Update**

Thinking this might be triggered by audio - guns firing - I checked my audio drivers after remembering what Bizman told me when I had a different issue in VR :

"The Nvidia HDMI sound is known to cause issues"

I disabled then uninstalled that driver and my crashes to white screen has stopped.

I also discovered my connection issues were being caused by a flaky Ethernet cable from the router to my computer.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 11:19:19 AM »
Thanks for the update.  :aok