Author Topic: Boeing 737 Max designed by clowns states BBC quoting Boeing employes  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Boeing 737 Max designed by clowns states BBC quoting Boeing employes
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2020, 10:25:27 AM »
Anyone want to bet on how many pages this one will go before getting locked?  Asking for a couple of friends.  :D

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2020, 10:30:11 AM »
dude, why you stalking vracui, i mean he uses a1 sauce but there's weird people like that.

semp

:rofl :aok :cheers:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2020, 10:31:42 AM »
What the original poster should of said is...

I don't get it. The MAX, which crashed twice because of incompetent pilots, gets roasted by jaded employees (cause they're always a reliable source for accuracy on the quality of a product), blamed on a new system (the basis of which have part of the aircraft avionics systems for over 3 decades), is now considered an unsafe aircraft because Boeing tried to make the training cheaper for buyers? 

And no other aircraft manufacturer has ever done something similar for other variant introductions?

This B.S. just boggles my mind.  :headscratch:

And anything said on avionics by Vraciu should be taken with the highest and upmost regard, along with Puma, both considered experts in their field.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:43:17 AM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2020, 10:32:26 AM »
There's nothing "alleged" about Vrcaiu's logbook. He's an aviator, in the best sense of that word. I have met him, I know where he works and what he does.

So...guess we do know who the clown is.

Thank you, sir.   You are the real deal and I appreciate the support.    :salute
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2020, 10:33:35 AM »
they're quoting Boeing employees memos released by Boeing.   

i don't know vraciu and i have no reason to question his past training or experience same for everyone else, except for demonslayer, but that's different.

but I've seen this before.  same attitude.

semp

Lol!  Poor Violator.    :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 10:40:03 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2020, 10:39:15 AM »
I don't get it. The MAX, which crashed twice because of incompetent pilots, gets roasted by jaded employees (cause they're always a reliable source for accuracy on the quality of a product), blamed on a new system (the basis of which have part of the aircraft avionics systems for over 3 decades), is now considered an unsafe aircraft because Boeing tried to make the training cheaper for buyers? 

And no other aircraft manufacturer has ever done something similar for other variant introductions?

This B.S. just boggles my mind. And of course, the 'clown' comment comes from a country that is pro-Airbus and is picked up by all 'pro-Airbus' news agencies first...  :headscratch:

Possible that these “jaded employees”, are non pilots, buried in the bureaucracy of Boeing, POed about management, and lashing out to make some sort of a point.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »
Possible that these “jaded employees”, are non pilots, buried in the bureaucracy of Boeing, POed about management, and lashing out to make some sort of a point.

They sound like a bunch of know-nothing teenagers.
”KILLER V”

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 12:32:16 PM »
They sound like a bunch of know-nothing teenagers.

Anyone in the aviation industry that allows subpar maintenance to walk is scum. They are usually jelly fish and yes men looking for any bite they can for a promotion. The problem is to many of them are management now and directly affect their areas with "the little man syndrome". Attitude almost always reflects leadership.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2020, 02:08:19 PM »
Last night my wife was checking on flights to England (from US) for the end of February.

In our family, she is the only one who ever books flights.  (Not sure when that became the rule, it just did and everyone always been OK with it.)

As she was checking on flights, she kept asking me my thoughts on one Boeing plane after another as she looked up flight details…

I think that she is going to go with Aer Lingus – on I think an A320 (which will mean a stopover in Ireland). :uhoh

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »
Anyone in the aviation industry that allows subpar maintenance to walk is scum. They are usually jelly fish and yes men looking for any bite they can for a promotion. The problem is to many of them are management now and directly affect their areas with "the little man syndrome". Attitude almost always reflects leadership.

The Peter Principle in play.  All to common in corporate and military bureaucracies.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 02:11:44 PM by Puma44 »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 04:01:15 PM »
they're quoting Boeing employees memos released by Boeing.   

i don't know vraciu and i have no reason to question his past training or experience same for everyone else, except for demonslayer, but that's different.

but I've seen this before.  same attitude.

semp
An employee or two. Does not say current employee or even if they have proof they are/were an employee.

Does not say if they are a pilot or cleaned the restrooms.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 05:42:20 PM »
The Peter Principle in play.  All to common in corporate and military bureaucracies.

Agreed, especially in airlines.

I wonder quite often why the days of employers/bosses/managers etc. valuing their employees as the company's most valuable asset, has passed. Seems confrontation with workers no matter what they do, is the rule of the day. Thank you HR.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2020, 06:00:02 PM »
An employee or two. Does not say current employee or even if they have proof they are/were an employee.

Does not say if they are a pilot or cleaned the restrooms.

This isn’t directed at you in particular but to everyone who is interested. The emails and texts that are being described are freely available,(somewhat redacted,) and that they are genuine is not in dispute. You can read them yourselves if you have the stamina and interest.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2020, 09:09:48 PM »
Wonder if any of those were written by employees that left tools and debris in KC-46 compartments that got sealed up.

Air Force won’t accept any more Boeing tankers until manufacturing process is cleaned up (Seattle Times, March 1, 2019)

The Air Force said Friday that it won’t accept delivery of any more KC-46 tankers until Boeing’s manufacturing process is cleaned up.

Boeing grounded the tankers just over a week ago after loose tools and bits of debris — known in the aviation world as Foreign Object Debris, or FOD — were found in various locations inside completed airplanes, the airframes of which are built on the 767 assembly line in Everett...

...In the past, final FOD sweeps of any area of any aircraft that’s about to be closed up would have been done by a quality inspector. However, Boeing is in the process of transforming its quality-control procedures, aiming to change work procedures and introduce automation so that many fewer such secondary checks are necessary.

One change already implemented is that mechanics can close up many areas of the airplane without an inspector taking a final look. And as part of what Boeing calls its Quality Transformation” program, the company intends to cut nearly 1,000 quality-inspector jobs over the next two years. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/air-force-wont-accept-any-more-boeing-tankers-until-manufacturing-process-is-cleaned-up/

Boeing clearly has a basketful of problems at the moment. IMO, it usually all starts at the top.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 09:12:32 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2020, 10:46:55 PM »
Wonder if any of those were written by employees that left tools and debris in KC-46 compartments that got sealed up.

Boeing clearly has a basketful of problems at the moment. IMO, it usually all starts at the top.

Good point.  Stronger message to follow?

In the F-4 community there was story about a particular squadron that was commanded by “tournament level jerk” (actual descriptive language filtered down) that was universally hated by everyone in his unit.  He was apparently Teflon coated.  Nothing ever stuck as a result of his piss poor leadership.  When the annual Higher Headquarters Stan Eval visit came around, the hammer fell.  One of the events during the visit was a Bold Face Test.  This is a list of committed to memory emergency procedures.  Every Monday morning during squadron normal ops, each pilot and WSO had to fill one out correctly before flying.  We had these procedures down colder than cold.  No one ever busted one.

So, the Stan Eval test was passed out at the beginning of the visit.  The tests were filled out and handed in to the visiting team.  The team graded the tests.  Each and every one was a bust.  Each test had the exact same word wrong, in the same line, in the same procedure.  Message received.  Interviews began.  The squadron commander was relived.  Except he didn’t leave with a multi million dollar bonus.