Author Topic: Landing at end of scenario  (Read 984 times)

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
Landing at end of scenario
« on: January 18, 2020, 06:19:11 AM »
In Frame 2 of Lightning Bolts over Luzon, at least three Axis were attacking the target with no chance of landing at an Axis field.

I thought this was against the rules.

As a defender, I chose to stay engage these attackers. I, too, broke the rules as I understand them.

To fight or land?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Landing at end of scenario
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 07:13:22 AM »
This was the only specific reference in the Objectives.
***FLIGHT WILL OPEN AT HOUR 2 FOR INDICATED AIRCRAFT, FLIGHT WILL REMAIN OPEN TILL T+120*** FRAME WILL END AT T+120 AND ALL PILOTS DOWN

This is a specific setup decision the Admin CM will write in concerning any aircraft in the air at T+120 whether they are considered lost and points are awarded one way or another.  I looked at the current FSO setup section at ahevents.org and there was no mention of any specific rule.

I will defer this to the Admin CM for clarification.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 09:11:04 AM »
As I understand it any airplanes not landed by the T+120 mark are considered lost and awarded as points to the opposing side.  :headscratch:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 09:55:30 AM »
As I understand it any airplanes not landed by the T+120 mark are considered lost and awarded as points to the opposing side.  :headscratch:

that's correct.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 11:10:56 AM »
You may fly and score points as long as you want during the 120 minutes. If you are not landed by T+120, your aircraft is considered lost (death). Also, the logs end at T+120 which means anything that happens after this moment is not scored and is therefore inconsequential. To answer the question, no one broke the rules. They just decided to sacrifice their aircraft for an objective. In many ways, you did the same.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »
OK.

I was operating on an obviously flawed memory. I was thinking that kamikaze style missions were not approved.

It didn't stop me from not landing in time.

When the logs close is the official end of scoring. It is a scoring decision as to whether to press an attack. On defense, consideration in distance from target to landing. In this case, the landing option went away with sunk carrier.

This all adds extra action, which is always good.   :banana: :banana: :banana:
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 03:42:54 PM »
that's correct.

I believe these were 9GIAP pilots in their second rides, in the case where these rides are worth 0 points, is there any award to the opposing side if these guys are still flying at 120 mins?

The second ride thing is a new concept for FSO of course, perhaps there needs to be a bit more discussion about this in particular?

Was a fun frame though!, looking forward to next week.

Salute

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 03:49:20 PM »
I believe these were 9GIAP pilots in their second rides, in the case where these rides are worth 0 points, is there any award to the opposing side if these guys are still flying at 120 mins?

The second ride thing is a new concept for FSO of course, perhaps there needs to be a bit more discussion about this in particular?

Was a fun frame though!, looking forward to next week.

Salute

Steely

The 2nd hour rides are worth 1 point each. The Objectives each week have contained the scoring for them.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline steely07

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 03:06:32 PM »
The 2nd hour rides are worth 1 point each. The Objectives each week have contained the scoring for them.

Apologies Nef, I never learned to read!

Salute

Steely
Aces High, Wing Commander, Dickweed Heavy Bomber Group: www.dickweedhbg.com

FSO Films : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFs6CAXBQoVBctljybD65fA?view_as=subscriber