Author Topic: Perdweebs amazing 45 second run.  (Read 897 times)

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
Perdweebs amazing 45 second run.
« on: January 18, 2020, 08:22:15 AM »
I was looking at the logs for the FSO frame last night and saw that Perdweeb managed to shoot down 5 aircraft and cause 2 more to auger in one 45 second period.

Truly amazing. I was wondering if it is at all possible to get the film from anyone who might have recorded this. It would undoubtedly help me to understand how to better my own skills in game.

Thanks in advance.
Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Perdweebs amazing 45 second run.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 09:35:32 AM »
It’s called vulching the runway at T+60.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 11:07:50 AM »
I vulched. Three of us were over 29 when at least 20 FM2 and P-40s rolled, we took a vote to vulch or not, to vulch passed. The ensuing fight/chase was exhilarating. I should clarify that the three at the 15 and 16 second mark were vulches, the others were in the ensuing fight. I saw one P-40 nose down to avoid me and crash. I also picked one off of Spikes's rope and one off of Lazy's. Only three of the 9 were actually shooting at the runway.

I did not realize the Allies had a frontline base from which to launch second life aircraft. Not to fret, the second life planes are not worth points. So, despite three of us killing fourteen of you, you were the only ones to get points for the kill of Spikes' N1K.

With that said, the three of us had an advantage and managed to shoot down 14 aircraft and only lose one. The secret is to keep that advantage and shoot well (Boelke quote in there somewhere). If we take away the vulches, that is 11. Every time one of us went up, another was coming down in a sort of vertical Lufberry. Once I noticed two F4Fs at about 3k, I knew it was to boogie so we started a retreating fight which involves much the same tactics. Keep in mind, you can be the best engagement tactician in the world, but still die if you cannot shoot. I'll try to remember to keep my films in the future if you are interested. If your post was sarcasm, please ignore.

:salute
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:20:16 AM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 12:54:44 PM »
No sarcasm, would really love to see some films.

Even for vultching, that is some accomplishment.

Thanks for the reply.
Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 09:49:02 AM »
we took a vote to vulch or not...

I would have been diving in before you even finished that sentence  :rofl
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 11:48:34 AM »
Sounds like I missed a fun frame  :mad:
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 04:25:40 PM »
I was part of the faceless rabble of victims there. I had planes spawning on top of me and couldn't really see yet and started taking hits. I just figured somebody hit their trigger!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 05:41:16 PM »
Being in perdweeb's squad I was trying to get to that fight with my 2nd aircraft but it was such a long flight in my A6m5b that I missed the whole thing. Such a bummer!!! :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 06:08:01 PM »
I was part of the faceless rabble of victims there. I had planes spawning on top of me and couldn't really see yet and started taking hits. I just figured somebody hit their trigger!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I took off nonchalantly, tracers started hitting the ground and flying past me. I made barely an evasive as they sped past. I must have picked the perfect time.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 03:21:18 AM »
I would have voted against such dweeberie!! :old: :old: Only vulches with bombs would have gotten a pass from me  :joystick:

Dutch
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.