Author Topic: So your in favor of _________ during KOTH, why?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
So your in favor of _________ during KOTH, why?
« on: January 19, 2020, 05:08:48 PM »
So here's the place to talk about things you might want different in KOTH. So I've heard, no icons. I hear raise the alt cap.
My stance has always been let the players who attend KOTH figure out what they want.

I want old range channel for in tower communications but have given up on that ever happening, after all... it's only KOTH   :aok

Icons - I think that would be a disadvantage to new KOTH players.  I think KOTH is geared generally speaking for the main arena, melee arena type of crowd. Fuel burn is the same as is icon distance. We don't have dar bar, unless I've did my thing with the settings {Oops}. as that's more of a distraction and not needed. The distance part is also needed to judge adequate separation. As you get close to a dot you can identify or at least get a good clue as to who it is anyway with the names listed in text display and range channel.

Altitude cap- We have to have some limit on the 'cage' and it was higher way back then. Think it was to contain the fight as loitering seemed to be more prevalent with a higher cap.

Go ahead voice your opinions. You have a better chance and bigger influence on any of these happening by becoming a KOTH CM and joining the CM Team. Go Team :banana:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: So your in favor of _________ during KOTH, why?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 09:51:48 AM »
So here's the place to talk about things you might want different in KOTH. So I've heard, no icons. I hear raise the alt cap.
My stance has always been let the players who attend KOTH figure out what they want.

I want old range channel for in tower communications but have given up on that ever happening, after all... it's only KOTH   :aok

Of everything, that's the thing that bugs me the most.  I miss being able to chat in tower/offer advice/etc while things are still going on.  But, you've said your piece, HT's aware so I guess there's not much more to it than that.  It's an annoyance in FSO as well.  The old way in tower was much better for certain things.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 07:39:34 PM »
Of everything, that's the thing that bugs me the most.  I miss being able to chat in tower/offer advice/etc while things are still going on.  But, you've said your piece, HT's aware so I guess there's not much more to it than that.  It's an annoyance in FSO as well.  The old way in tower was much better for certain things.

Wiley.

Everything in KOTH should be left alone, except we really need the old tower/Local range to be how it used to be..... it really has hampered this event since the change

I agree with fuzeman and wiley on that point regarding range channel

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 07:50:28 PM »
I was interested in the altitude debate and went all the way back to original posts on KOTH and guess what, it was going on back then   :eek:
Take a look.

better edit that last part out, it didn't have anything to do with KOTH or RUSH
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 10:00:05 PM »
Heh, I wasn't suggesting a change when we talked about it, Fuze.  I was just commenting if the fight starts high it messes with my normal schtick.  I think it needs to be there for KOTH to function as well as it does.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 02:03:59 PM »
Nothing needs to change just need to keep the numbers up

My idea....

Offer free beer and naked women to the participants

:cheers:

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2020, 02:17:47 PM »
i second Eagler's motion!  :D
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2020, 04:22:19 PM »
Wiley, I was just bringing things up that were mentioned so they could be discussed here if people wanted to opposed to during the event.

Sorry Eagler, those were labeled ‘use at host’s discression’ so I did
The women ran away  :bolt:
as soon as they saw me and after that  :cry
I had to drink all the beer. :cheers:

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 06:04:40 PM »
No change!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 09:31:45 AM »
Personally I didn't want to change anything but I did hear a few things mentioned and saw a few posts regarding changes to KOTH and as the host felt obligated to put them up for KOTHers to discuss, after all... it IS your event.
Well I would change a few things;
1} range channel { but you know that already  :rofl }
2} increase interest and attendance
3} prevent conflicts with other events at the same time    :eek:

and I'm sure there's 'a ghost of a chance' to change any of the above.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 01:09:06 PM »
What about prizes?

Can HT offer a month free to the monthly winner like the annual champ got 3 free months?

<S>

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 08:36:28 PM »
While that was never asked of Mr. Addink or HiTech Creations for the TOC prize, he did offer a month of AH for each monthly winner.    :x
That proposal was discussed internally and declined as we thought it would water down the TOC prize and winning that somewhat.     :frown:
Didn't take you long to forget about the nekid women and beer did it?   :blank:
I wonder what kind of crowd that would bring in and I'm sure the atmosphere would get a little hotter than normal.
We start and are all   :angel:   :airplane:   , and then someone   :devil  :joystick:  and results in someone  :ahand    :cry   and I have to  :police: and someone will  :furious  and most likely  :bolt: leaving the rest of us  :banana: and  :cool: .

What about prizes?
Can HT offer a month free to the monthly winner like the annual champ got 3 free months?
<S>
Eagler

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 06:22:14 AM »
I think the free month should be revisited if you want a quick way to get a few more ppl in the monthly KOTH tournaments.

<S>

Eagler

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 06:24:12 PM »
This I might discuss during the event as my reply would be to people who attend the it.

I think the free month should be revisited if you want a quick way to get a few more ppl in the monthly KOTH tournaments.
<S>
Eagler

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2020, 12:35:06 PM »
The ONLY reason I started the thread was a few people commented about why the don't attend or things they wanted to change.
People who fly in KOTH determine the rules and changes to them.
I really did not see anyone who mentioned the change they wanted come in here and give support to their cause so we wont change anything.
Well we did change the time and that was discussed.