Author Topic: How to use Oculus Quest and Aces High on Steam  (Read 1670 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: How to use Oculus Quest and Aces High on Steam
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2020, 11:11:13 AM »
Well in the oculus software there's an option to choose whether to participate in the PTC or Public Test Channel (beta version currently v13) of their software. If you haven't checked it you're not in it and that means you're on version 12.x. That's as good as it's gonna get for you if you're using the quest and link. If you HAVE checked it and your quest isn't working via the link that's likely the reason why. It's a known issue with the PTC and the quest w/link. In that case just uncheck it and the software will revert back to the known stable release (v12).

Either way there has been performance issues since they decided to homogenized all their software and drivers into one version. This has not really optimized anyone's HMD. My Rift S isn't running the same FR as it was in mid December before they did this. They're working on it. Say they've identified the problem.

Thanks Drano - that explains it perfectly. Appreciate the fast response  :aok 
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2020, 11:43:09 AM »
First thing I'd try is the same as you did before and just ignore the not supported message. That assumes you got the link pop-up and you see the regular home screen, not the quest home screen.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2020, 08:18:10 PM »
Ok - that worked FLS and you'll also need to change a setting in Oculus - Settings / General / Unknown Sources - Allow apps that have not been reviewed by Oculus to run. you need to have that turned on.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 08:23:50 PM »
Glad you got it working. I've had allow unknown sources on for 4 years so I'd forgotten about it.   :aok

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2020, 01:03:53 PM »
Couple more post-setup notes.

1. Important to disable VR hands if you have a HOTAS (like my son).
2. Disable VR Mirroring to greatly improve the smoothness.
3. Add Voice Attack to your software list. Great help if you forget what Key is what

And I have to say, after we tweaked his Oculus Quest, it looked way better than my 4K Acer VR headset. Not as smooth, but it was much more 'crisp' looking. (dot pitch is better quality in Quest).